pixeltracker

Aspects of Love in Philadelphia-Jennifer Hope Wills Interview-- Page 2

Aspects of Love in Philadelphia-Jennifer Hope Wills Interview-

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/18/11 at 7:44pm

is there a cast list somewhere?? WST never posts their casts on their website.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

musicalsFan
#26Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/18/11 at 7:52pm

is there a cast list somewhere?? WST never posts their casts on their website.

You are kidding, right????

Their website is very complete.
http://walnutstreettheatre.org/season/facts.php?id=193

There's even a link to a scan of the Playbill

Here's a video clip of Danielle G. Herbert singing a song from a different show
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/shows/10-show/RESPECT_Philadelphia.html
maybe with Aspects of Love, she'll go from ensemble to starring

Updated On: 9/18/11 at 07:52 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#27Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/20/11 at 3:14am

Danielle was a surprise to me, her talent is raw. Andrew Lloyd Webber writes amazing roles and scores for women, it's great to see Jennifer Hope Wills and Danielle Herbert both dazzling on stage, instead of upstaging one another. The roles are crafted in a way that they never crash, instead they compliment each other. And there is no competition between Rose and Giulietta.
Jennifer is one of the best sopranos on Broadway, she has such a great technique, and at the same time, she is a terrific actress and her wardrobe in Aspects is spectacular.
The voices were so beautiful and the score was dreamy. I want to see it again before it closes!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

PattiLover Profile Photo
PattiLover
#28Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/20/11 at 10:32am

If you love Danielle Herbert, I wish you could have seen her in My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra. She also was one of my favorite parts of Les Miserables. She played the factory girl...possibly the smallest part in the show, but she sold it like a true prima donna. Love her.

muscle23ftl
#29Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/21/11 at 3:01am

I absolutely loved her, and I wish I could see her in everything she's ever done. Hopefully Broadway will be next!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#30Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/21/11 at 9:24pm

http://www.facebook.com/#!/walnutstreettheatre

Check the link, and answer which is your favorite song from "Aspects".

Updated On: 9/21/11 at 09:24 PM

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#31Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/22/11 at 7:02am

Aspects of Love is Andrew Lloyds Webber masterpiece, I adore the score, it is so Sondheim-esque.

PattiLover Profile Photo
PattiLover
#32Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/22/11 at 10:51am

Thanks for linking to Facebook! I put that poll up there.

Join us on Facebook BWW fans!!!

muscle23ftl
#33Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/29/11 at 3:19am

Well, I had to pay a re-visit to the best show I've seen in years since my schedule allowed me to. Guys, honestly, go see this, don't miss it! Brilliant theatre.
Paul Schoeffler was truly fantastic tonight, if anyone is a fan of his, you will get to see him like never before.
I forgot to mention the amazing Denis Lambert, who plays "Hugo", who is also 1st rate.
Danielle Herbert is always a delight, and her talent and sex appeal are undeniable. A true star.
Charles Hagerty is doing much better than on the 1st previews, his voice sounded better than ever.
Jennifer Hope Wills, what can I say? You get to see the Broadway star singing classical opera arias such as "Chanson D'Enfanse" and one of Andrew Lloyd Webber's best songs: "Anything But Lonely", the audience went wild after her rendition of the song. Jennifer is a DIVA and her performance is worth the trip to Philly alone.
And on top of the excellence of the entire cast and production, you get an additional treat of seeing Broadway and theatre veterans Michael Brian Dunn, Rebecca Robbins and Laurent Giroux.
The best musical I've seen this past decade by far. Don't miss it!!!

muscle23ftl
#34Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 9/29/11 at 3:25am

Oh, and for the New Yorkers that might be interested in seeing this, the commute is super easy and inexpensive. 120 East Broadway is the address in ChinaTown, you can go to Philly for 20 dollars roundtrip. Travel time is under 2 hours. No excuses to miss this gem! The same bus company also goes to DC, Richmond, etc. for a similar fare.

muscle23ftl
#35Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 10/1/11 at 9:33pm

Any other reviews?

PattiLover Profile Photo
PattiLover
#36Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 10/3/11 at 11:00am

Well I brought my mom to see it last and she really liked it. I just can't get over the force of nature that is Jennifer Hope Wills...

muscle23ftl
#37Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 10/5/11 at 6:06pm

She's been the Belle to a Beast, the object of obsession to a ghostly masked man, and she's sung Bernstein on Broadway with Brooke Shields. Critics have called her "a beautiful woman with a honey-dipped soprano" and proclaimed she "sings like a dream and dreams like a girl mesmerized." Jennifer Hope Wills is currently putting her own stamp on ASPECTS OF LOVE like Michael Crawford put his stamp on The Phantom of the Opera and Patti LuPone did with Evita. While she's here making her second appearance on the Walnut's stage, we had to get an interview with this hard working actress, wife and mom from Baltimore.

Q) Since you were in The Phantom of the Opera and Woman in White on Broadway, has Andrew Lloyd Webber ever seen you perform? Did you ever get to meet him?

JHW) Actually he has come around several times while I was performing in Phantom mainly to listen and tweek the new sound system when it was installed. He also came to one of the anniversary performances to promote (the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera) Love Never Dies and he came up on stage to take a curtain call with us and give a quick little speech. It's funny, we only spoke extremely briefly and he told me I was lovely but somehow some photographer snapped the funniest photo at just the right moment. It completely looks as if I'm scolding him while the Phantom is in the background looking like he is in shock. It is a pretty funny photo and the only photo I have of myself with Sir Andrew.

Q) You come from an acting family. Were your parents famous?

JHW) My mother and father are both actors and...no...they were not famous but I admire them even more. Throughout their entire lives they have managed to do what they love and always be together (seriously, almost never apart) and raise three children while doing so. They owned and operated their own theatre company for 20 years. For the last 15, they traveled around the country doing dramatic readings which my father researched. He wrote about the Presidents and their First Ladies for historical societies, presidential libraries and retirement communities. Now they are semi-retired, but still perform throughout the year.

Q) What is your favorite moment in ASPECTS OF LOVE?

JHW) Well..can I say a couple? First and foremost is probably singing "Seeing is Believing" with the amazing Charles Hagerty. He has such an incredible voice and isn't too shabby to look at either...(laughs). I also love the "Jenny Ballet" where you see Jenny grow up. For some reason that just really tugs at my heart strings and brings tears to my eyes. Maybe because I know the rest of the story and also because I remember things that happened in my life at 15. I know she has some rough time ahead.

Q) Has something funny ever happened to you onstage? Or has someone ever not shown up when they were supposed to?

JHW) I was in Wonderful Town with Brooke Shields and there was a moment in Act II where a character is supposed to come to the window of our apartment and he wasn't there. You also have to know that my character was supposed to be gorgeous and my costumes fit tightly and they played up a (cough, cough) certain area of my anatomy. So, anyway, Brooke and I managed for a little while to ad lib perfectly in the scene but the guy still wasn't there and we really couldn't move on without this information and stage management was urging us to continue ad libbing. We were stuck, so Brooke looked to the other gentleman onstage who was the more experienced of any of us and asked him how he got me out of jail? Well...he just shrugged his shoulders and didn't say a word. The guy still wasn't at the window so Brooke turned to me, looked me up and down and said, "Oh Eileen, I just love you in that dress...and those breasts!" Well, the audience bust out laughing and then the guy finally showed up.

muscle23ftl
#38Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 10/5/11 at 6:08pm

Pattislover, tell me more!

muscle23ftl
#39Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 10/11/11 at 3:23am

Sarah Brightman sings "Anything But Lonely" from "Aspects":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEMrW8mxxNA&ob=av2e

muscle23ftl
#40Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 10/14/11 at 2:32pm

Danielle Herbert sings her number, isn't she flawless?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnoQUkfvxaE

muscle23ftl
#41Aspects of Love in Philadelphia- A Memory Of A Happy Moment-
Posted: 10/24/11 at 1:33am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbooreRnZ5s