pixeltracker

Ghost or How to Succeed in Business?

Ghost or How to Succeed in Business?

ccbaxter Profile Photo
ccbaxter
#1Ghost or How to Succeed in Business?
Posted: 3/21/12 at 3:10am

Making a trip to NYC in May. Like to buy my tickets soon but can't decide between seeing Ghost or How To Succeed in Business. Even though Ghost is still in previews, any idea which of those 2 is the better show to see? (To know my taste in musicals, my favorites are Miss Saigon, Rent, Wicked, Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Jersey Boys).

Updated On: 3/21/12 at 03:10 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Ghost or How to Succeed in Business?
Posted: 3/21/12 at 4:28am

I've only seen How To, so my info on Ghost is 2nd hand....

The thing that Ghost is most gaining accolades for seems to be the effects of the ghosts.

How To has mostly great performances, a fabulous score and spectacular choreography (some say overdone -- I found it mostly exhilarating.)

While I wouldn't try to talk anyone OUT of seeeing Ghost (I'm sure I'll eventually get to it if it runs through the summer) I can whole-heartedly reccommend How To. Most folks seem to think that Jonas is doing a darn good job in the role.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#2Ghost or How to Succeed in Business?
Posted: 3/21/12 at 1:48pm

I recommend GHOST. I've seen both of them and personally, enjoyed GHOST a lot more. I've seen GHOST twice now and Levy and Fleeshman both giving fantastic performances in the show. The special effects are out of this world, the there are quite a few notable songs from the show's score too.

NewYorkPulse24
#3Ghost or How to Succeed in Business?
Posted: 3/21/12 at 2:08pm

GHOST all the way!

Videos