pixeltracker

Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!- Page 2

Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#25Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!
Posted: 6/27/12 at 8:53pm

I'm still trying to figure out how Spiderman has managed to hold out. It makes absolutely no sense.

How does it not make sense? It has the name branding, spectacle and special effects, and it's a show people of all ages can see together.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

pat_NYborn Profile Photo
pat_NYborn
#26Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!
Posted: 6/28/12 at 7:56am

Couldnt agree more. I remember reading in the Times that Zarkana was really taking alot of money away from broadway last summer as well...especially since you can get the tickets at TKTS. And lets face it, spiderman is not going anywhere anytime soon. I feel Mary Poppins is the same way...just those brandname shows that will draw tourist in...has anyone found out how Harvey is doing as far as sales go? Havent heard too much about that.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#27Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!
Posted: 6/28/12 at 8:08am

I'm still trying to figure out how Spiderman has managed to hold out. It makes absolutely no sense.

Let it be a lesson to you about slavishly following the conventional wisdom.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#28Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!
Posted: 6/28/12 at 8:40am

And it proves the controversial maxim that it's utterly impossible to underestimate the public's tastes.

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#29Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!
Posted: 6/28/12 at 12:43pm

I'm sad about all the closings, because I was hoping to utilize TKTS while in NYC this summer. Now, there will be nothing left!

My wife and I pre-purchased tickets to five shows: SPIDER-MAN (only want see the stunts so I can see what they pulled off in a theatre, I know the show as whole is not going to be "good" by any conventional means), EVITA (one of my favorites), LEAP OF FAITH (which closed early), THE LION KING (another favorite, plus we thought we were missing it in Houston... but now we're not), and HARVEY (another one of my favorites, and Jim Parsons who I saw on Houston stages before he was famous, didn't hurt the choice either).

We had hoped to pick up ONCE at TKTS, but after all the Tony wins that may not be possible. We thought we might TKTS STREETCAR's final show, but they may close early which sucks because their current closing night is our first night in town (July 21). We maybe could get TRIASSIC PARQ at TKTS, but I hear that show is selling well enough to not need TKTS. My wife and I have no interest in GHOST or NEWSIES. Well, I was kind of interested in NEWSIES but the Tony performance didn't light a fire for me. I'd love to see BOOK OF MORMAN, but my wife is not interested at all. We've both seen PHANTOM several times on tour (her 3 or 4, me 1Is it just me or has it turned into Survivor: Broadway Edition!, so that's not something we really want to see again. So... I'm disappointed with all the shows closing. It's going to make for slim pickings on the days that we don't have shows booked and randomly decide to go see a show.

Updated On: 7/2/12 at 12:43 PM

Videos