News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayphreak234

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
Member Name: bwayphreak234
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'  May 5 2024, 12:13:43 PM

This production never really "clicked" for me. I saw all 3 pairings (Groban/Ashford, Christopher/DeWaal, Tveit/Foster). I think my biggest issue with this production is the direction, or lack thereof, and the unnecessary choreography and movement.

Also, while it was indeed a treat to have the score played by such a large orchestra, the atrocious sound design detracted from what should have been a powerful and lush acoustic experience. I did love the set and lighting design, t

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 09:08:36 AM

This is a bummer. I thought this was a really beautiful production and show. Glad I got to see it at least.

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale  May 3 2024, 08:39:14 AM

I saw this last night and had a really great time. It's just a fun and cute show. In a season with so many heavy shows, it's nice to have a show that's pure fun. The show doesn't try to be anything it's not - it's silly and inane, but it fully embraces that. Super talented cast as well.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 04:09:11 PM

I loved this production, but the lack of the (expected) critical praise and the likely impending shutouts are not going to be conducive to a "decades"-long run... The shelf like of most musical revivals these days is 1-2 years if they're lucky.

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 11:45:41 AM

Such a clever, quirky, and melancholically sweet show. Glad I got to see it three times on Broadway.

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 05:29:45 PM

What a truly beautiful piece of theatre. I think I felt every emotion under the sun in the course of the 90 minute run time. After an overstuffed season with a lot of ho-hum shows, Illinoise a breath of fresh air.

Ricky Ubeda as Henry and Ben Cook are both doing tremendous work, and I hope both of them get the Tony nods they so deserve. The vocalists sing beautifully. The lighting design is exquisite - some of the best lighting I’ve seen on Broadway in a while. The simple set ser

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 27 2024, 12:18:36 PM

Leave the Light On and My Days - The Notebook

Woman Is - Lempicka

Also, as much as I did not like Hell's Kitchen, I won't deny that Kaleidoscope is an absolute bop.

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 06:21:41 PM

Super excited to see this on Saturday.

Has Anyone Read “ Murder at the Adelphi: A rehearsal diary of the original London production of the musical ‘Sunset Boulevard’”?  Apr 22 2024, 04:03:46 PM

Well, I know what book is next on my list! I just ordered this. Thanks for sharing this, Jordan.

Shows that were considerably changed after their Broadway run  Apr 22 2024, 06:37:45 AM

The Addams Family was reworked between Broadway the first national tour launch.

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 08:47:08 AM

I don't remember the last season in which there has been this much of a dichotomy between my thoughts and the critics' thoughts. I saw this Off-Broadway and thought it was truly terrible. For this and Water for Elephants to get critic's pick seals but for Suffs not to... To each their own, I guess.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 20 2024, 09:05:31 AM

I absolutely loved this. The Sam Mendes revival remount in 2014 with Alan Cumming and Michelle Williams is one of my all time favorite theatre experiences I have ever had. I was a little wary going into this new Cabaret last night. I was doubtful Rebecca Frecknall's direction could touch Mendes'. While her production may not necessarily be BETTER, I certainly do think it is as good and a fresh new and very creative take on a beloved classic.

Eddie Redmayne's Emcee is t

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Apr 19 2024, 05:01:46 PM

I would love nothing more than for Bebe to win for featured actress. It's a truly heart-wrenching and beautiful performance.

The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 19 2024, 07:22:35 AM

It sounds great. So nice to revisit this lovely score.

SUFFS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 17 2024, 05:01:51 PM

Fingers crossed for some great reviews! I really loved this. Biggest surprise of the season for me thus far.

SUFFS Previews  Apr 16 2024, 11:23:11 PM

Well, I’ll eat my hat! Sometimes I love it when my preconceived notions about a show are dead wrong. After seeing the three or so songs the show did with Playbill a few weeks ago, I pretty much wrote Suffs off as “not for me”. However, after reading the thoughts on here, I decided to check this out for myself, and I’m so glad I did.

First things first, the horse now has a head! It’s gold and looks pretty cool. The show itself is just so SOLID. The cast, th

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 16 2024, 08:11:36 AM

I'm expecting praise for the performances, especially the vocals. Everything else, particularly the lack of decent and strong design elements, will probably not be well received.

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 14 2024, 07:26:21 AM

While far from perfect, I definitely enjoyed this more than most folks on here. Curious to see what the reviews are tonight, but I have a feeling that will be negative with a few mixed if they're lucky.

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 13 2024, 05:41:03 PM

Caught the matinee today. I don't have much new to add. The Great Gatsby is the textbook definition of “flash and trash”. Aladdin and Moulin Rouge! are tame in comparison to what is on display at the Broadway Theatre right now.

The entire affair is pure bombast from start to finish without a hint of subtlety. Everything is gaudy and garish - the singing, the acting, the choreography, the sets, the lighting, the costumes…

Anyways, I really did not care for

Favorite spots for Pre-Broadway Drinks/Dinner  Apr 11 2024, 04:38:43 PM

I enjoy The Dickens as well! Dutch Fred's is pretty good too. My guilty pleasure is Iron Bar... it's a little dive-y but the food is usually pretty good.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You