pixeltracker

Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film- Page 2

Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#25Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film
Posted: 9/12/12 at 2:33pm

Ewan McGregor has been cast as Bill. This is the first piece of puzzling casting in what has otherwise been a stellar match of parts and actors. Isn't he more of a Little Charles? I feel like he reads a little young to be Julia Roberts' husband and Abigail Breslin's father, no?

http://playbill.com/news/article/169954-Ewan-McGregor-Joins-Cast-of-August-Osage-County-Film-Adaptation

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 9/12/12 at 02:33 PM

random person 112
#26Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film
Posted: 9/12/12 at 2:36pm

there's only a three year age gap between him and Roberts. I wouldn't say first Streep is quite puzzling to me, she usually isn't one for melodrama, despite her idolization of Bette Davis. Roberts as Barbara is also very puzzling in and of itslef.

Updated On: 9/12/12 at 02:36 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#27Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film
Posted: 9/12/12 at 2:43pm

Somethingwicked, McGregor is currently getting stellar reviews for his performance in THE IMPOSSIBLE, where he plays Naomi Watts' husband and the father to three children (one of them is Breslin's age). I think he'd have been a great Little Charles at one point, but I definitely buy him as an aging English professor who never quite succeeded in the same way Beverly did. I'm not sure he'll have much chemistry with Roberts, though if someone can pull it off, it's McGregor (who had so much chemistry with Nicole Kidman, an actress of similar stature as Roberts and someone who struggles to have chemistry with a lot of her male leads). I don't think he's a natural choice in the way that William H. Macy maybe would have been but I'm once again intrigued by the casting.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#28Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film
Posted: 9/12/12 at 2:47pm

I guess McGregor is older than I initially thought. I wonder if he'll play the character as British or not (since he's an academic, I could certainly see the merit of him having a more sophisticated edge.) He sure is talented. I just don't see him as a natural choice opposite Roberts, but I guess we'll see.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#29Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film
Posted: 9/12/12 at 2:51pm

McGregor is 41 and has four daughters of his own.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#30Misty Upham Joins August: Osage County film
Posted: 9/12/12 at 2:56pm

McGregor's eldest daughter is the same age as Abigail Breslin, for what it's worth.

He certainly isn't the first actor who would come to my mind as Bill, but I think he has more than enough talent to pull it off. I certainly like him better for it than the previously rumored PSH.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body