News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kad

Kad Profile Photo
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions  May 6 2024, 01:17:12 PM

Yeah, there has to be wiggle room for world premieres, as it's often the case that a piece's world premiere is still a work-in-progress. Manahatta, for instance, actually premiered in 2014 at a Public Lab and has had several productions in the intervening years, including at Yale Rep in 2020, which were all aimed at further developing the piece before it came back to the Public for a full run this season.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 6 2024, 01:06:15 PM

It is wild to me that Playbill started posting all photos so severely downscaled in size and resolution. You have photos by talented photographers like Jenny Anderson and Matt Murphy rendered almost pointless. 

Personal Non-Eligable  May 4 2024, 08:30:20 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Personally I just realized how upset I am that I don't think Gavin Creel got recognized for Walk on Through? It was a stunning performance by him."

One of the voting bodies- cannot remember which- included a statement with their nominations saying that Walk on Through did not make itself eligible for awards. 

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  May 4 2024, 08:20:49 PM

Coming out of tech into previews while continuing rehearsals into opening and then directly into the awards press junket is pretty brutal, and I imagine even more so on younger performers who likely have never experienced anything like it before.

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  May 4 2024, 08:02:14 PM

Bad time to be out when Tony voters will be trying to see her and don’t have much time to do so. 

What's next for the Longacre?  May 4 2024, 06:23:56 PM

nealb1 said: "CatsNYRevival, yes I know. MJM has posted before about rumors, and is always a good source of theatre information."

That post predates Six opening on Broadway- I’m pretty sure it even predates Six announcing a transfer- it was never about the production moving theaters, it was about where the production was looking to open. 

Next Sondheim?  May 4 2024, 12:39:21 PM

The idea of turning a part like Schub into a role for a name like Lane is very odd to me. This is definitely something I’d file under, “I’ll believe it when I see it.”  I’d like to be surprised but there’s enough here that makes me skeptical.

Next Sondheim?  May 4 2024, 12:28:01 PM

Yeah, Schub is realistically the only role in Whistle for Lane- he’s not right for Hapgood and all the other male roles are very small, but it’s an odd choice for him. It’s a featured role with very little singing and not a lot of showcase potential. Feels like something he could do in his sleep, really. 

Whistle was last reported by that guy as being a Tripp Cullman-directed CSC production, which was extremely plausible. But a Broadway pr

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 3 2024, 03:27:13 PM

Broadway Flash said: "The critics aren’t the ones choosing. I’m pulling for Eddie"

You’re the one who brought up his reviews unprompted, child. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 3 2024, 03:20:31 PM

Broadway Flash said: "The nyt didnt even mention redmayne which was weird. His performance didn’t get bad reviews"

His performance was very pointedly panned by NY Mag and Time Out, barely acknowledged by Jesse Green, and got a slew of mixed notices besides. 

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 3 2024, 02:31:58 PM

There will absolutely be some bristling at a play being nominated for Best Score and suggestion that it's somehow a lesser accomplishment because it's a play and not a musical- I've already seen it, despite the fact that the score is overwhelmingly praised and the category is very explicitly not Best Original Score of a Musical.

Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update  May 3 2024, 02:02:36 PM

I guess since Babs finally dropped Gypsy, Glenn decided to take up the delusion torch.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 3 2024, 01:25:05 PM

This really, really feels like a year in which a play's score is truly competitive with musical scores and may even win Best Score over them.

Fastest win to EGOT LMM or Pasek/Paul  May 2 2024, 07:21:02 PM

Recent winners include Schmigadoon’s “Corn Puddin” and WandaVision’s “Agatha All Along” so it’s not totally far fetched. However I do think it’s a much weaker song than either of those. 

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 2 2024, 07:17:42 PM

Heart’s massive flash sale is clearly a last ditch effort to build buzz and more word of mouth. But right now, all attention is on the Tony nominees. I really cannot imagine it still being around come Memorial Day. 

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.  May 2 2024, 07:15:09 PM

I haven’t seen the production since the original cast pre-pandemic- have subsequent Audreys kept Tammy Blanchard’s idiosyncratic take on the character as being somewhat… drugged? 

Personal Non-Eligable "Should Have Been Nominated" List (2023/2024 Season)  May 2 2024, 05:50:38 PM

This is a great list, and just bums me out that the decision was made to withdraw Here We Are from all awards consideration. I think there were quite a number of elements in it that deserved to be honored.

Theatre "Influencers"  May 2 2024, 03:36:35 PM

I think Huss just means he's quite tall.

Only 3 have swept all the Theatre Awards  May 2 2024, 03:33:41 PM

It's pretty hard to sweep all of those awards because they're all very different in terms of what they cover. The Tonys, for instance, only award Broadway shows, Theater World only awards NYC debuts, the Drama League only awards one performer, and the OCC and Drama Desks lump off and Broadway performers together (and now the Desks aren't gendered). I imagine there are a number of performers who've won everything in one season but the Theater World, which has become sk

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  May 2 2024, 01:10:48 PM

I don’t even think hearthemsing22 knows why or what they’re arguing. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You