pixeltracker

Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?- Page 2

Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?

beautywickedlover
#25Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?
Posted: 1/21/13 at 7:50pm

I am excited about Karimloo playing Jean Valjean. I'm not ashamed to admit that I am very much looking forward to seeing Melissa O'Neil play Eponine. I downloaded her performances from 'Canadian Idol' the year she won and I thought her voice was terrific. She also seemed likable and was a great performer as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Eva Avila, season 4's champion, as Cosette. She is extremely talented as well.

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#26Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?
Posted: 1/21/13 at 8:13pm

I'm sooooo glad I grew up in the era that I did. Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?

Karimloo, from what I've heard, sounded fine as Valjean when he did the role not too long ago.

However, I have noted hysterical reactions from both camps.

The gullible state his Valjean was revelatory, ingenious, and totally fresh. I don't doubt the man has the ability to do great things, but all the evidence offered by those who claim such things has been done by other actors many times before. So I've concluded Ramin gave a fine performance in the role and the gullible tacked on the "reinvention" hysteria to match the "reinvention" hysteria of the recent, lackluster 25th ann. tour, even if Ramin performed the role in the original production.

The jilted Phantom (aka: "Erik") phans liked to make the rounds back during the Love Never Dies debacle and punjab anyone saying positive things regarding Ramin's performances in anything. On one forum, a longish argument spawned out of hysterical phanatics saying the demon Ramin was far too young and good-looking for the role. Erm, OK? I can see age and looks having a detrimental effect on some roles but not on one that could be played by Quasimodo and nobody would know/care what he looks like because he's covered by rubber and stage make-up in order to make him look HIDEOUS. Only, in the case of Quasimodo, he wouldn't need to be made up to look hideous. That's just one of his built-in charms. Of course, the phans (some of them) would be oblivious to everything I just said.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.
Updated On: 1/21/13 at 08:13 PM

beautywickedlover
#27Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?
Posted: 2/13/13 at 11:34am

It's official now. I'm excited for Karimloo but for O'Neil as well. She's one of my favorite 'Canadian Idol' contestants. It looks like Lisa Horner will not be continuing with 'The Wizard of Oz' when it tours North America.

LES MISERABLES, ONCE, ALADDIN & More Set for Mirvish's 50th Season

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#28Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?
Posted: 2/13/13 at 11:49am

Whilst I do like Ramin and think he is one of the best Phantoms, im not a mega fan either (his solo work is a bit hit and miss) but his rawness really worked for Valjean and he was a bit of a revelation. He is a very good actor which is quite unusual in musical theatre I find. He was helped by a cast that were all one of the strongest overall ive seen.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#29Ramin Karimloo to reprise role as Jean Valjean in Toronto production of Les Mis?
Posted: 5/10/13 at 10:10am

Earl Carpenter is Javert in Toronto!

Via his agent's site: http://www.granthamhazeldine.com/
Earl Carpenter plays the title role in the first ever touring production of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. Alistair Barron, Michael Diana and AC Garcia are also in the cast. After Phantom Earl is starring in and directing a UK and International tour of THREE PHANTOMS before reprising the role of Javert in LES MISERABLES, in Toronto.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt