algy Profile Photo
algy
#1Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/16/13 at 10:40pm

Good evening all,

Has anyone seen Ms Chenoweth in concert recently and have a rough set list of what she's been singing?

I have a ticket for her show at the Coliseum in London next month (nose bleed seat for £25 + fees in the balcony, not ideal, but I wasn't paying £100+ and those were the only options left when I booked about 24 hours after they went on sale!) and I was wondering what sort of things I can expect to hear.

Her site describes it as:

"The show includes material from the worlds of opera, pop and musical theatre, songs from her celebrated albums, and music from the shows that have made Kristin one of the most revered musical theatre actresses of her generation."

Am I being too optimistic to hope that she does "Glitter and Be Gay"? (I've loved it since I played it in a concert of Bernstein works and love the video of her performance of it at the concert with Patti LuPone). I'm assuming there'll be some stuff from Wicked (as that's what she is most known for on stage) but any other pointers?

Thank you all!

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#2Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/16/13 at 10:57pm

I saw her last summer in Oklahoma. They named the theatre after her. It is the new performing arts center for her alma mater.
From what I remember----Bring Him Home from Les Mis; Home from The Wiz; Upon This Rock (contemporay Christian song); Glitter and Be Gay; Popular (in several languages); What Would Dolly Do (a country song) and others.
Lots of banter.
Of course, this was her hometown, she was probably "one degree" away from everyone in the audience. I am a friend of the guy that joined her for a duet. So, the set list could be different than her other concerts.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#2Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/16/13 at 11:12pm

Thanks OKBroadwayFan - any information is great. I could cope with the sound of that - although I'm not sure how much of the UK audience is going to know contemporary Christian Music! What Would Dolly Do is on her latest album (which I really need to get hold of a copy of!) so I guess more of the audience will be familiar with that.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#4Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/18/13 at 12:58pm

Well I wouldn't say no to some of those, but I hope there's some other stuff as well!

Thanks again OKBroadwayFan!

#5Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/18/13 at 1:15pm

I just got off the phone with KC and she told me she had been thinking of a mix of obscure contemporary Christian ditties and some 11th century liturgical music recently discovered in a cave outside Milan.

But we talked about it and I suggested she sing material from the worlds of opera, pop and musical theatre, songs from her celebrated albums, and music from the shows that have made Kristin one of the most revered musical theatre actresses of her generation.

the two things you can count on: She'll sing songs from Wicked. She'll sing Glitter and be Gay.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#6Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/18/13 at 3:41pm

:) Loving your work JoeKv99...

I know what her website says she'll be doing, but I've been had before with singers (and bands) saying similar things and discovering that I know next to nothing of what they're doing because their definition of a mix of stuff turns out to be all the stuff from the last album (usually one that no one liked much) and only one of the classics!

I didn't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed by a string of songs I've never heard before...

#7Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/18/13 at 4:03pm

Every single concert by every single artist shakes out like this: The artist wants to sell the new album and is tired of their "hits." The fans are there to hear the hits and have no enthusiasm for the new album.

So she'll open with a few well-known songs, then sing some Christian song she loves before doing 3 or 4 songs from the new album. She'll talk more during these songs, telling the audience how much she loves these new songs. Then it's time for some more hits. Then she pretends the show's over. She comes back and talks about how she wanted to be an opera singer and does Glitter and be Gay and maybe one more Aria. Then a song from Wicked and another pretend exit.

The she comes back with just a a piano player, sings her favorite song from her new album and ends with For Good.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#8Kristin Chenoweth - concert set list?
Posted: 2/18/13 at 4:08pm

I'll let you know how accurate you are JoeKv99...