pixeltracker

How much will a Broadway ticket cost one year from now?- Page 2

How much will a Broadway ticket cost one year from now?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#25How much will a Broadway ticket cost one year from now?
Posted: 4/13/13 at 12:34am

Back in the early 2000s, before "premium" seats, I always paid between 55-75 bucks for a show, always sat in the first ten rows of the orchestra. It was wonderful. Now its very hard to get good seats for any shows. Ticket buying has become awful.

Producers arent concerned about us diehards, they sell premium seats to "event" theatre goers. Then they release all the unsold seats a few days before for regular price. Those of us trying to save a few bucks and need to travel and plan ahead are screwed.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#26How much will a Broadway ticket cost one year from now?
Posted: 4/13/13 at 8:04am

>> It's just that you can't buy them if you don't have an AmEx.

Well, that's kind of the point. This was a scam all cooked up by the producers in tandem with American Express to get big-bucks business for both, and it's paid off quite nicely for both.

http://docandraider.com

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#27How much will a Broadway ticket cost one year from now?
Posted: 4/14/13 at 7:27am

They have already priced me out of the orchestra because I usually attend shows with my wife and two daughters. Paying around $600 for a show is crazy. If my memory is correct, Mel Brooks started this premium seat nonsense with "The Producres" and it continues to get worse. With the glowing reviews of "Matilda", I am sure it is going to be even crazier. Unfortunately, only the "rich" will be able to afford the really good seats to a "hit" like Matilda.

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#28How much will a Broadway ticket cost one year from now?
Posted: 4/14/13 at 5:12pm

I found my ticket stub from seeing Cabaret at Studio 54 in the summer of 2002. I paid $95 for one of those cabaret-style seats-with-table right in front of the stage. On the same day I saw AIDA at the Palace for $27.50 on a half-price ticket in the front balcony (partly obstructed view). The first Broadway show I ever saw was Falsettos in 1992. I paid $47.50 for row B of the rear mezzanine at the John Golden Theatre.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)
Updated On: 4/14/13 at 05:12 PM