News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bettyboy72

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Member Name: Bettyboy72
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 22 2024, 11:24:45 PM

After seeing the original doc I was intrigued by Jackie but subsequent media and interviews have led me to find her quite off putting. Vapid, immature and quite callous. I have no idea who wanted this musical as well as who will want to see it after the Cheno fans have. I’m sure Kristin is great but it makes me sad this is what she is being offered. I’m sure she elevates the material. My friend saw it over the weekend and left scratching her head wondering what was the point and w

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 26 2024, 02:29:59 AM

Robbie2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Not sure why they waited so long, but they ended up releasing a ton of seats for the first 5 previews, mainly in the orchestra."

Yea and priced from $209- $319. Front row $189

Any discount codes?
"

The stage is high at the Lyceum. I’d never pay $189 for front row. 

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco
 Jun 26 2024, 01:37:03 AM

Sarah was back tonight. She was great. Voice was raspy but she seemed well. Bernadette Peters was in the audience. 

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco
 Jun 23 2024, 03:29:57 PM

Was Sarah back in for the Sunday 6/23 matinee? 

HELLO, I'M DOLLY bio-musical headed for the stage!
 Jun 7 2024, 12:40:11 PM

I'm excited for this as well. I'm a huge Dolly fan. With Dolly at the helm, I sense it will be quite tacky and I don't say that as a criticism. She likes crowd-pleasing things and sacrifices taste sometimes. I think this happened with 9 to 5 the Musical. It was WAY TOO MUCH. I hope she has a creative team to help her pull back a little. 

As far as Cheno, while I like her, I hope they keep her away from this property. I think she has also veered way too far into camp at

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 29 2024, 02:27:11 PM

Telling the media "the residency is not open to reviews" is a red flag that someone's skin is too thin or there are concerns about the quality of the product. I mean, who does that other than someone with fears of being called out. 

Any discounts for Cabaret when Redmayne is out?
 May 29 2024, 11:18:06 AM

Has anyone seen any discounts for Cabaret when Redmayne is out? 

May 29 2024, 11:15:07 AM

That setlist is abysmal. Monopolized by his own material. I like the guy, but I find this egocentric and nothing I'd pay for as an "event". If he were doing standards and creating an event I'd find that more palatable. Again, that's just my opinion and means very little in the big picture. 

It is surprising he's not announcing guests to move tickets and allow those people's fans an opportunity to see them. That seems unwise, but clearly he h

May 28 2024, 09:19:48 PM

yyys said: "What was the point of reopening this venue bya non-superstar? They could've asked Bjork to do a residency there and would've been sold out months in advance. I know i know she's not Broadway...."

I know, that’s what disappointing. I have nothing against Platt but I wish the theatre was reopening with sold out packed houses by someone with huge demand. It could be someone like Bjork or Sade. Even Lana Del Rey would sell out a short r

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 Apr 30 2024, 10:13:41 AM

BossBroadway said: "Notebook deserved a score and orchestrations nom at the very least. Stereophonic has great songs, it does NOT have a great score."

Orchestrations, yes. Score, no. Generic at best. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 10:08:32 AM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Stereophonicis officially the most Tony-nominated play in history."

Thank goodness. Now Jeremy can stop touting his mediocre play with that tagline  And Stereophonic will actually win some awards. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/24
 Apr 23 2024, 11:47:36 PM

pair-o-dice said: "Bettyboy72 said: "Who is the audience for Suffs? I don’t care how good it is, I feel like if people are paying top dollar for a show they will want some diversion at this very difficult time in history. It may be important and timely but I don’t know anyone who wants to see that story right now."

We must know very different NYers then. Everyone I know is super pumped to see it, especially since the nice reviews and great wo

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/24
 Apr 23 2024, 07:46:52 PM

Who is the audience for Suffs? I don’t care how good it is, I feel like if people are paying top dollar for a show they will want some diversion at this very difficult time in history. It may be important and timely but I don’t know anyone who wants to see that story right now. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 12:23:44 AM

The bloom is off the rose. 
Eddie Redmayne in Sprockets. 

The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording
 Apr 19 2024, 06:24:30 PM

Huge Ingrid fan and I have not seen the show so I don’t know all the context. That being said, I found this score to be incredibly generic, repetitive and quite frankly boring. 

it’s beautifully sung and gorgeously orchestrated but the lyrics are so inert. 

im glad others are enjoying it. It won’t be a frequent listen to for me. 

Hudson Theater Box Office Email?
 Apr 15 2024, 07:37:23 PM

Hi folks. Been trying to reach the Hudson Box Office by phone to no avail. Does anyone know if they have an email? I can’t find one.   Thanks so much. 

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow
 Apr 11 2024, 07:47:43 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "Bettyboy72 said: "No interest in this snooze property of a play paired with two histrionic actresses. Mia is long past her acting prime in my opinion. Again, just my opinion, so don’t crucify me."

Just your opinion, sure. But based on what? This might be the most front and center Farrow has been in an acting project since she and Woody Allen were still on speaking terms. Did you see her in something during the last 30 years yo

Rialto Chatter: Will OH, MARY! and JOB Transfer to Broadway?
 Apr 11 2024, 03:47:39 PM

quizking101 said: "This show would DIE in the Lyceum. That balcony is a crime"

Stage is very high too. There is nothing intimate about that theatre. Title of Show was dooomed in that space. 

Apr 11 2024, 03:37:28 PM

JSquared2 said: "Bettyboy72 said: "No interest in this snooze property of a play paired with two histrionic actresses. Mia is long past her acting prime in my opinion. Again, just my opinion, so don’t crucify me.

I can’t even imagine the inflated prices they will be charging for this so called event. I wonder if they will even get along. Both require a lot of attention.
"

But not as much attention as you require, apparen

Apr 11 2024, 03:16:46 PM

No interest in this snooze property of a play paired with two histrionic actresses. Mia is long past her acting prime in my opinion. Again, just my opinion, so don’t crucify me. 

I can’t even imagine the inflated prices they will be charging  for this so called event. I wonder if they will even get along. Both require a lot of attention. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You