Chicago national tour

JohnyBroadway
#1Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/2/13 at 11:31am

Has anyone heard anything about the cast, for the upcoming national tour? Is there a reason why it's been off the road for a couple years. The weissler's must've for some great big interest to send it out again.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#2Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/2/13 at 11:48am

I saw a tour of this last year in LA, or maybe the year before. I thought it was still touring?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/2/13 at 11:56am

I saw the national tour in Dallas this past August 2012, with Tracey Shayne as Roxie and Terra C MacLeod as Velma. It's set to stop here in Austin, Texas, from November 19-24, 2013. Here's a link to Broadway Across America. It's a good source to find tour dates of a variety of shows. from RC in Austin, Texas

Broadway Across America

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 7/2/13 at 11:56 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/2/13 at 3:35pm

There's a good chance that the Chicago tour will have Tracey Shayne and Terra MacLeod. They're fab.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 7/2/13 at 03:35 PM

Margo Flax Profile Photo
Margo Flax
#4Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/2/13 at 4:04pm

They sound dreadful! Who are they?
Margo!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#5Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/2/13 at 5:11pm

Oh no you didn't. They're two talented "Chicago" veterans. ROMAN!

troynow
#6Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/2/13 at 8:32pm

No veterans this time! There is a big push this time from the creative teams to hire a BRAND NEW company. Ann Reinking is setting this company herself. For far too long the tours have gone out without a real rehearsal process. And the show has suffered.

More over the FOSSE work has suffered so this company will be new!

Vincent
#7Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/3/13 at 8:12pm

Just love how everyone here thinks they know whats going with the tour....

Vincent
#8Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/3/13 at 8:15pm

terra's website
www.terracmacleod.com

Patti LuPone FANatic
#9Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/3/13 at 9:18pm

Troy, just out of curiousity, but how exactly do you know this?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/3/13 at 11:11pm

it was posted in the casting notice for the new tour that they were looking for a completely new cast to launch the tour. If I could find it somewhere, I'm almost certain it said "NO ALUMNI PERMITTED TO AUDITION".

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#11Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/3/13 at 11:25pm

There is nothing in this casting call that prohibits Chicago veterans from auditioning.

CHICAGO –Equity Principal Auditions Fran and Barry Weissler|New York, NY Date of Audition: 7/9-7/12/2013 Call Type Equity Principal Time(s) Equity Principal Auditions (2 days) Tuesday, July 9, 2013 Friday, July 12, 2013 10 AM to 6 PM lunch 1 to 2 Contract Production (League) Tiered Tour, tier salary and approval pending Location Pearl Studios NYC "500" 500 Eighth Avenue (35th/36th Streets) New York, NY Room 404 Seeking Equity singing actors and singing actors who dance for principal roles in the National Touring Company. see breakdown. Preparation Prepare a brief, standard, up-tempo Broadway song to sing (no pop or rock). Bring sheet music; an accompanist will be provided. Please bring a picture and resume, stapled together. Other Dates Rehearsal and Tour dates tba asap. Music: John Kander Lyrics: Fred Ebb Book: Fred Ebb and Bob Fosse Other (Note: there will be no dancing at this call; any women coming in to be seen as Roxie or Velma will be brought back to dance if there is any further interest) Personnel Casting Director: Duncan Stewart & Benton Whitley, Duncan Stewart and Company Director: Walter Bobbie Choreographer: Ann Reinking Musical Supervisor: Rob Fisher · EPA Rules are in effect. · A monitor will be provided. Performers of all ethnic and racial background are encouraged to attend. Always bring your Equity Membership Card to auditions. Breakdown Roxie Hart: 33 – 45, any ethnicity. An innocent with the ability to murder; sexy; funny. Actress must be a spectacular dancer in the Fosse style, with a big, first-rate Broadway belt voice. Velma Kelly: 30 – 45, any ethnicity. Sarcastic, extremely sexy, tough, funny murderer with a keen eye for publicity. Actress must be a spectacular dancer in the Fosse style, with a big, first-rate Broadway belt voice. Billy Flynn: 38 - 60, any ethnicity. Suave, educated lawyer who can talk and wheedle and persuade anyone to do anything - - his clients literally get away with murder. Sexy, handsome, charming, masculine. Actor must have a wonderful baritone voice and move well. Amos Hart: 38 - 58, any ethnicity. Charming, funny, vulnerable milquetoast of a man, so in love with his wife that he would mortgage anything to pay for her outrageous extravagances. Actor must sing well and be physically adept; a comic-sad character actor. Matron “Mama” Morton: 37 - 55, any ethnicity. Role requires a great belt voice and a sexy, funny, powerful and tough character actress. Mary Sunshine: Any age, any ethnicity. Male soprano or countertenor who can sing LEGITIMATELY up to a high B flat. Acts like a good natured talk show hostess, but is actually a high-powered gossip columnist. Actor must be a good comedian and a GREAT legit singer - See more at: https://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/CHICAGO-Ambassador-Theatre-2013-6700#sthash.H5zPlDHl.dpuf
CHICAGO casting call

Updated On: 7/3/13 at 11:25 PM

erelene@broadway
#12Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/4/13 at 10:00am

I know here in Houston we are having John O Hurley in our touring edition of Chicago

Patti LuPone FANatic
#13Chicago national tour
Posted: 7/4/13 at 2:17pm

same for Austin. John O Hurley normally plays Billy Flynn in the tours...at least in the past two years.

Videos