Belasco Seating Question

KMBOhio
#1Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 4/7/14 at 8:37pm

Can anyone tell me if any of the seats in the side orchestra sections of the Belasco are partial view? Specifically row O. I am looking to buy tickets to Hedwig and the Angry Inch and the seats say left orchestra row O but the seat #'s won't be printed until I purchase. Thy don't mention partial view but I'm worried since they won't list the seats until after purchase. If they are to the far left aisle is there anything that could obstruct? Thanks!

ultraviolet99
#2Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 4/7/14 at 9:26pm

I sat in row M a lot for Twelfth Night and it wasn't partial view unless you were the last seat. (M 25) But that was only obstructed because of the on stage seating. So without the on stage seating, and two rows back where the last seat is only 23 or 26, you should be okay.

Blackbird3
#2Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:15pm

I am looking into Hedwig tickets, and I'm curious how the mezzanine rows F-H are, versus the balcony A-D. Any guidance would be appreciated!

stranger411
#3Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 4/15/14 at 2:00pm

Sat in row G of the mezz for last Saturday's 10 o'clock show and couldn't have been happier with my seat (in regards to money spent/location). With the exception of the infamous Car wash scene, where I'll admit myself, as well as everyone around me, had to lean forward a bit in their seats you had a full view of the stage and all the action. Still on cloud 9 from the whole experience. Have loved the show since high school and like many was skeptical of how NPH would "interpret" the role. Pleased to report that it far exceeded my expectations and everyone involved deserves all the praises they will undoubtedly get. Also worth mentioning that on my way to my seat I noticed the orchestra seemed to be only about 65-70 percent full with the mezzanine being sold out and I'm sure a good crowd up in the balcony. Can't wait to go back!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#4Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 4/24/14 at 10:20pm

I'm seeing some singles in a month or so that are 2nd row orch (A) 3rd off the inner aisle. (Right next to Premium pair.) Will the view be fine there? Does Hedwig move about the stage, or will I have to keep my head turned left or right the whole time?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

AngInFL79
#5Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 11/4/15 at 5:04pm

I am currently looking to purchase tickets to Blackbird at the Belasco and see that front Balcony seats are only $35 in comparison to the $135 for Front Mezzanine seats. I just wondered which section everyone who has experience with the Belasco might prefer/recommend for this particular production. Is it better to pay more?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#6Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 11/4/15 at 5:10pm

Still three months until the first preview, so no one can advise you what is best for this specific production...

But when I went for Hedwig, it looked really, really high up there. I always sat onstage for the Rylance Shakespeares, and front orchestra for Hedwig... so, I am a bit spoiled in that regard.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#7Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 11/4/15 at 5:24pm

I sat in the first row of the balcony for Twelfth Night, and the bar is a little bit in the way. I was able to see over it, though, without too much difficulty. (I'm five-foot-six.) The problem with the rest of the balcony is that the rake is so steep, that if the person in front of you leans forward, your view will be blocked. This is a common problem in balconies. And you will be pretty far away.

ArtMan
#8Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 11/4/15 at 5:34pm

I sat front row balcony for Hedwig.  The bar did not bother me, but I'm also 6'3. I didn't feel it was far away at all.  Obviously not a front row orchestra view, but a good enough view for the lower price.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#9Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/16 at 4:50pm

Has anyone ever sat in the front row center of the mezzanine at the Belasco?  

How is the view? Is the mez particularly high or low, close or far to the stage relative to other theaters?  

Is there a bar in your vision?  How do the seats compare to other theaters regarding roominess and leg room?  

Thanks for any input!

Updated On: 6/17/16 at 04:50 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#10Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/16 at 5:02pm

I sat there twice for Hedwig. Very nice view. No problem that I can remember with the bar. Now, you're talking about the mezzanine, not the balcony, right? I did have a little problem with the balcony bar.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#11Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/16 at 5:18pm

Thanks so much for the response, mac.  And yes, I am talking about front row mez.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#12Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/16 at 5:57pm

I also sat front row center mezzanine for Hedwig and it was fantastic.

Here's a photo (shhh don't tell anyone I took it)

Belasco Seating Question

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#13Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/16 at 6:23pm

Thank you, Eliza!

orlikethecolorpurple
#14Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 7/17/16 at 3:44pm

I'm looking to buy tickets to the first preview of Dear Evan Hansen. I typically like to be close, but waited a bit too long. I am debating between seats midway in on the right section of the orchestra, row k or on the inner aisle of the right side of the mezz, row c. 

I know that no one has seen this show in this space, but any recommendations? I'd appreciate it!

@z5
#15Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 7/17/16 at 6:55pm

Side orch K is really good! did it for Blackbird...and did M and J for Hedwig multiple times. Belasco orch is one of my favorites, hard to get a bad seat.

bfreak
#16Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 7/17/16 at 7:38pm

I agree! I sat Row O side for Blackbird and it was a terrific view!

orlikethecolorpurple
#17Belasco Seating Question
Posted: 7/17/16 at 9:04pm

Thanks!