KURIOS by Cirque du Soleil.

Ken Kolliox2
#1KURIOS by Cirque du Soleil.
Posted: 4/13/14 at 11:32am

Anyone planning to attend the opening night of Cirque's new touring production? It premieres in Montreal on April 24th.

"Step into the curio cabinet of an ambitious inventor who defies the laws of time, space and dimension in order to reinvent everything around him. Suddenly, the visible becomes invisible, perspectives are transformed, and the world is literally turned upside down in a place that’s as beautiful as it is mysterious."

Preview of the show: http://youtu.be/pZd3gogy9dw

The clips that I have seen aren't making me want to run out and book a flight to Montreal, but it does look like something I will eventually check out when it gets closer. Excited to hear the reviews for it.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#2KURIOS by Cirque du Soleil.
Posted: 4/13/14 at 1:38pm

This show looks fine as of now. I had fun noticing the random llama head behind the ensemble during the juggling act. The music sounds well written and the direction seems more stage theatrical, if that makes sense, than any other production done by Cirque.

Simon Damon
#2KURIOS by Cirque du Soleil.
Posted: 4/13/14 at 7:26pm

it looks boring and only okay give me Alegria and Ovo any day

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#3KURIOS by Cirque du Soleil.
Posted: 5/5/14 at 11:15am

Richard Ouzounian, The Toronto Star: "Let’s cut to the chase. Kurios — Cabinet of Curiosities, which opened at Le Grand Chapiteau in Old Montreal on Thursday night, is the freshest, funniest and most entertaining touring show that Cirque du Soleil has mounted in many years.

By the time the opening number was finished, the audience gave the cast the sort of ovation that usually isn’t even heard at the final curtain. And throughout its two hours, the same joyful sound was heard over and over again."

Link

Videos