Mets M.I.A.

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#25Mets M.I.A.
Posted: 4/21/14 at 9:03pm

Roxy, what about Granderson? He's off to a slow start but he's always been a good hitter. Think he'll turn it around? Curious as to why you haven't mentioned him.

Oh, and please learn the difference between "then" and "than". You wouldn't want anyone to question your intellect.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#26Mets M.I.A.
Posted: 4/21/14 at 9:52pm

Mets win tonight! yay

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#27Mets M.I.A.
Posted: 4/21/14 at 10:01pm

Roxy, still likely has me on block, accusing people on this thread that he wasn't a real fan. Show me the receipts!!!!

"Citi Field will be a ghost town this year which is a shame."

Why? You stated that you refuse to go despite tickets being very cheap and attainable. Going to my third game this weekend for $25, in fact. BTW, figures provided by ESPN have the Mets in the top 10 for attendance, averaging about 31,000 fans. It will surely drop off, probably to around the 27,000 per game that was last year's average.

"The Mets could turn the old Yankees Murderers Row in 200 hitters. Think they need a new hitting coach as what they are doing ain't working"

This has nothing to do with hitting coaches. Dave Hudgens has nothing to do with Granderson's cool start. Considering Jose Reyes got his only batting title under Dave Hudgens, I am not sure how you can state something like that except that it fits your on-going narrative.

"Ike Davis update with the pirates tonight:

2 for 4 including a grand slam.

Glad he escaped the Flushing swamp and the absolutely crappy treatment he got from management."

What crappy treatment? I would say fans booing him on a daily basis may have been his harshest treatment. That has nothing to do with management. That has to do with his play. He ruined his own swing and stuff like Valley Fever and twisting his ankle cannot be held as something the team did to him. Mets fans insisting it was something **wrong** with what the team supposedly did are absurd. Give me an example? Duda, despite being poor defensively, takes pitch counts and battles in all of his ABs. He is a workhorse at the plate. It is quite easy to see why he would beat Ike at an open spring training competition. Good for Ike in Pittsburgh. I've never seen so much fixation on an average at best player at a new destination in quite a while.

Ike had all weekend to hit a HR but somehow I knew when he would it would bring Roxy back to this dumb thread aka Mr. Roxy's Mets Diary.

The Mets won tonight on excellent pitching by Mejia. David Wright is on a great hitting streak. They are over .500 despite slow starts from regulars injuries to Chris Young and Juan Lagares, who was arguably one of the best position players not named Wright. But to Mr. Roxy, they are a disaster. A 1962 Redux.

Updated On: 4/21/14 at 10:01 PM

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#28Mets M.I.A.
Posted: 4/21/14 at 10:07pm

strummergirl, you're trying to give rational, coherent responses to a person who all jokes aside, clearly has some serious problems and life issues. While I applaud your effort, if it were me, I wouldn't waste the time.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#29Mets M.I.A.
Posted: 4/21/14 at 10:14pm

Believe me I'm trying but his opinions generally mirror a few vocal minority opinions on social media by fellow Mets fans that just generally irk me. But I think I reached my breaking point because my reactions to him reached a certain level of crazy, like my first reaction to the Ike Davis trade (I hope whichever 2013 draft pick we get from the Pirates is a friggin' superstar).

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#30Mets M.I.A.
Posted: 4/25/14 at 10:18pm

METS WIN! They tie and go ahead on the last out of the game! They played really well tonight!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES