pixeltracker

I Finally Saw "Bridges Of Madison County"- Page 5

I Finally Saw "Bridges Of Madison County"

teresa2
#100I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/27/14 at 1:20am

I saw the show tonight and I am totally confused. Did Kelli and Stephen go on? I thought it was them, it sounded like them, but now I am not sure. I was in the last row of the orchestra. I hope someone can answer this.

decotodd
#101I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/27/14 at 8:20am

Took friends Saturday (last) night and Kelli was in but Stephen out. I had seen the show before and noticed a few dialogue flubs on his part but vocally he was strong. I guess Kelli is still
Fighting a cold as she pantomimed a cough "I'm sorry" at curtain calls but I couldn't tell. She sounded fantastic.

mamaleh
#102I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/27/14 at 10:55am

Ah, yes. Correction received from my friend who didn't quite know what Steven P. looks like and got him and Kevin Kern confused. I was wondering why he was back so soon -- supposedly missing only one performance -- while still ill. Now it make sense. Rest up and get well soon, Steven!

Updated On: 4/27/14 at 10:55 AM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#103I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/27/14 at 1:30pm

Decotodd, how was his acting and chemistry with Kelli? Did his high notes soar like Steven's? I Finally Saw

Sutton Ross
#104I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/27/14 at 1:30pm

Decotodd, how was his acting and chemistry with Kelli? Did his high notes soar like Steven's? I Finally Saw

decotodd
#105I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/27/14 at 6:11pm

He didn't have quite the chemistry or charisma but frankly I am willing to cut someone in that situation a lot of
slack. And of course since I had seen it last month I knew the beats and wasn't watching it unfold as would a first timer. Vocally he sounded quite reminiscent of Steven and yes he soared in his moments. My friends (one of whom is a performer) loved the show and were so glad that I introduced them to it. A wonderful shared experience. I have been holding out on the cast album because I want a physical CD with booklet. Can't wait to hear it again. The music is so glorious and lush Updated On: 4/27/14 at 06:11 PM

Sutton Ross
#106I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/27/14 at 6:25pm

Absolutely, it was his first time doing it, so I totally understand. But it is Broadway, so it still needed to be strong. I'm glad he was good and the show seems to be picking up a little in sales.

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#107I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/28/14 at 9:03pm

I saw Bridges of Madison County this weekend. I am a big fan of Jason Robert brown, I always have his music somewhere in a play list but like the rest of his shows I'm just never crazy about sitting through the plays his music finds itself in. Bridges was a bit of an endurance race, I mean crawl, for me. While the melodies and orchestrations were at times transcendent, the actual songs, especially the lyrics were never able to lift a Life Time movie script above the fray. Would love to see him go back to the drawing board with a new book writer and create a two character song cycle for two voices and chorus. Something like a musical "Love Letters". Spend more time letting us know why this guy would fall for such a sad sack. Make some interesting observations about the essence of love and attraction. Oh gosh the staging only added to the morose. I will say that I began to get somewhat engaged late in the game during the double funeral scene and what followed. The song structures started to become interesting and the pace quickened. I will buy the CD - and that does not mean it should win any awards - the true success of a score is how well it compliments the whole. As a member of the team collaborating how could he let the rest of what happened, happen? Dear God what a sad little musical. It's hard to recommend this to anyone but a Broadway regular or a Harlequin romance reader. No doze anyone?

Up In One

brdway411
#108I Finally Saw
Posted: 4/30/14 at 11:59pm

I saw Bridges tonight for the second time, and I was even more moved the second time. This is such a brilliant score and incredible cast. So the story may not be perfect, but the talent and the songs just leave me breathless. Cannot wait to see it again. I hope this hangs on until the Tony awards and Kelli gets the award.