News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sutton Ross

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Member Name: Sutton Ross
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Mar 14 2024, 09:46:40 PM

The 2004 weepie comes to Broadway with songs by Ingrid Michaelson and a $5 box of tissues.

Love it, the sobbing people around me sure needed them! I'm glad most of these critics understand they are witnessing a star on the rise though. I knew the second I saw Joy Woods in Little Shop and then Wholesale that she was going to be huge. She's the reason to go to this honestly, but this is a pretty critic proof show it seems.

Casey Likes & Salena Qureshi starring in workshop for musical adaptation of Lauren Gunderson's I AND YOU  Mar 14 2024, 02:29:57 PM

I love that play so much, hopefully this will go somewhere. 

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Mar 14 2024, 01:27:31 PM

Right, so that eliminates 50% of American tourists whose husbands would never allow them to purchase tickets to this. CuZ hEr EmAiLs!

The subject matter might have the market for Liberal White Women Of The Tristate Area cornered already.

Good point. My Mother and all her white/liberal/suburban friends want to see this. My lovely relatives who live in The Villages in DeSantis-Burg openly mocked this show for being "woke, liberal garbage". We'll see how this

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Mar 14 2024, 12:11:45 PM

I'm hoping Hillary Clinton's endorsement will make a difference - we have had so many celebrity 'producer' recently, I'm not sure it works."

I love Hillary but her endorsement means absolutely nothing. Like all the shows this Spring, Suffs need to stand out with their marketing, their promos, their appearances, etc. I don't see a lot of that happening and their discount for previews is paltry.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Mar 12 2024, 10:07:06 PM

Scarywarhol said: "Nobody is ready for this music."

100%. Nobody is ready for the two leads either. WHEW. 

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Mar 11 2024, 03:56:00 PM

the casting was a huge problem for me.  I am a lefty liberal and just found it overly woke and confusing

Just an FYI, being "woke" simply means to be informed. There was nothing confusing about the cast if you aren't racist which is something even "lefty liberals" can be. 

Yikes. 

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Mar 11 2024, 11:35:36 AM

Remember the initial raves for Beanie Feldstein in the Funny Girl previews thread?

Remember them? It was the most hilarious thing I've ever read here. Declaring that she's a STARRRRRRRR made me cry laugh for days.

I know it's a chat board and everyone has an opinion, but some of these seem very mean spirited. Almost like they hope it fails. 

None of these reviews are mean spirited, they are just posters with different brains,

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 9 2024, 10:51:36 PM

THIS WAS THE LOUDEST THING I'VE EVER BEEN TO AND I HAVE BEEN TO A COUCH SLUT CONCERT! AMAZING VISUALS AND SOUNDS AND ACTING! HOWEVER I TOOK A GUMMY RIGHT BEFORE I WENT IN AND IT KICKED IN DURING "SEE ME, FEEL ME" SO THAT WAS COOL AND THEN I JUST SAW PURPLE AND GREEN SWIRLS. IT WAS A GREAT TIME BUT SEVERAL WALK OUTS. IM SORRY IM USING ALL CAPS IT JUST SEEMS RIGHT heart

"Tommy, can you hear me?"

I CAN HEAR YOU GUYS IN FU*KING PARAMUS BRO! GODDAMN! 

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Mar 9 2024, 01:56:30 PM

The play started very late (8:10pm)

That's not "very late" in any capacity. 

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's  Mar 7 2024, 11:17:45 PM

100%. This is the best live show I've seen in years. Absolutely brilliant and I hope it goes all over the world, it really is THAT good. 

Playwright on HIV Med Strike / NYTW Responds  Mar 7 2024, 02:52:10 PM

There are countless people who died waiting for these drugs, nearly an entire generation of gay men. And so many within that community, and beyond, fought like hell to get these life saving drugs into circulation. This "strike" feels like a spit in their faces. This medication is a game changer.

It absolutely is and it has saved so many lives and will continue to do so. And I ask this genuinely as someone who is not part of the rainbow community: Does

Why do so many shows conform to the typical Tue-Sun performance schedule?  Mar 6 2024, 04:19:48 PM

It's definitely time for a change on Broadway. Before Covid the Thursday matinee of Moulin Rouge always did well. It was sad they didn't continue with that. There is no reason why a show can't change up the schedule. The last few years several shows have really leaned into the weekends, offering Sunday evening shows so that's an improvement. The bottom line is money and I hope someday soon they will realize that when people have limited time and are try

Days of Wine and Roses to Close Early  Mar 6 2024, 02:23:18 PM

I don't think they promoted it much on talk shows, they also had the worst marketing/merch ever. They should have leaned into the original artwork. 

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Mar 6 2024, 01:45:17 PM

"Ok yes, it's sad but really?"

Yeah, I just saw this and it was all a bit much. Great performances but it's like they are trying to force you to openly weep throughout the show. It wasn't really earned, but they do sell 5 dollar tissue boxes just in case! There was no confusion about the races with anyone around me, weird that that's even a thing since it was crystal clear.

THE OUTSIDERS On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 6 2024, 01:08:05 PM

amiyagi said: "They must be bringing school groups to this? I'm planning a trip in May and was putting this down for a Wed matineebut they're almost sold out and don't love the idea of an audience full of teenagers. Did it once with a Phantom matinee and it was horrible."

They absolutely are bringing many school groups to this. The discount codes (ponyboy and ponysocial) do not work on Wednesday matinees for that reason. So, if you don't like teens an

NYC Trip Advice  Mar 6 2024, 01:00:52 PM

But I guess they will try to keep the Shows opening Feb, March and April open until the Tonys? 

Hi Gordi, after Broadway opened again after the pandemic, shows have been a lot more willing to pull the plug almost immediately. I enjoyed Almost Famous but it opened in November of 2022 and closed in January of 2023. There are a million more examples of this. Basically if the show doesn't catch on immediately, it will be closed shortly. The only show I c

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/3/24  Mar 6 2024, 12:53:09 PM

The masses want to see celebrities/The Lion King. I get it but it's still kind of depressing. Luckily, off Broadway is better than it's ever been before and much cheaper too. 

Days of Wine and Roses to Close Early  Mar 6 2024, 12:46:39 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I wasn’t talking about people on here, but people on the Instagram posts informing us that it’s closing. The comments were brutal."

Imagine thinking that 99% of "instagram posts" are from people who actually saw this. Lolz. 

Denzel Washington to return to Broadway in OTHELLO?  Mar 6 2024, 12:41:04 PM

Denzel back on Broadway? HOLY SH*T. 

SPAMALOT sets closing date  Mar 5 2024, 09:47:16 PM

This was dated a decade ago and should have never come back to Broadway. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You