News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sutton Ross

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Member Name: Sutton Ross
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Laurie Beechman Theatre & West Bank Cafe to close
 Jul 25 2024, 07:37:50 PM

Maybe they should have put on better acts? That sad GFM amount isn't going to cut it. Yikes. 

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 24 2024, 11:28:08 PM

Happens all the time with many in demand actors like Sutton Foster that did this exact thing earlier this year so nope! 

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 24 2024, 07:35:39 PM

I wonder if Hailey Kilgore would return to Bway in this. She's been pretty successful since Once On This Island outside of theatre.

Yes, I think it will definitely be Hailey or Joy Woods who are both rising stars in their own right. Joy will have a tight turn around from Ragtime but it can work. 

Nathan Lane? Lolz. Jesus. People make anything up these days. 

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 24 2024, 03:24:46 PM

Can confirm ^^

I find it fascinating that they canceled both shows saturday and sunday afternoon, somehow managed to perform sunday night when there were many theatre luminaries in the house, and then started canceling shows again. 

Yeah, something is a bit....off. 

Ragtime at City Center
 Jul 24 2024, 12:17:23 PM

"ErmengardeStopSniveling said:  I know there have already been rumors of Joy as Sarah, but Joy and Ellenore are besties so I wouldn't read into that.

Lolz.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 08:43:52 PM

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 23 2024, 06:54:15 PM

Insanely up. No promo codes of course but it's just an entire block of $350 for any good seat. Crazy but good for them. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 06:52:32 PM

gibsons2 said:

Nah, it's because of us straight women 💃"

WORD 💃🏻

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Jul 23 2024, 02:55:06 PM

InTheBathroom1 said: "the tissue boxes have been pulled from the merch stands. likely a response to all of the medium reviews mentioning/criticizing them."

Wow. I completely forgot this show existed but I remember the tissue boxes in the lobby and just burst out laughing. The whole thing was so boring and the whole tissues selling for 5 bucks because "WE WILL MAKE YOU CRY" schtick wasn't exactly subtle. Ugh, this show could have been so specia

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 22 2024, 02:33:57 PM

inception said: "Sutton Ross said: "
. The way people were slobbering all over themselves when Nick was going to be in the live Jersey Boys event

If I'm spending $450, it's not​​​​​ myself I plan to be slobbering all over.

Lolz. Have fun :)

"

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024 ART
 Jul 22 2024, 12:55:44 PM

I hope they keep workshopping this and possible doing it in more cities around America or the UK. A couple of things:

Isaac looks too young in the part and it just doesn't work. He doesn't have the THING that Jay needs. I've enjoyed his previous work so it's not a knock on his ability, he's just miscast. 

The lighting, sound and overall look looks incredible and they shouldn't change a thing. 

Solea is a star and I k

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 22 2024, 12:31:23 PM

However, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of presale. It's been always the opportunity to get great, more or less sensibly priced tickets that later on wound up being more expensive.

That's typically how it works unless it's celebrity casting. The way people were slobbering all over themselves when Nick was going to be in the live Jersey Boys event that went nowhere, they are counting on people paying these high prices in presale and even more when the

Kit Connor, Rachel Zegler to star in Sam Gold-directed ROMEO + JULIET
 Jul 18 2024, 09:06:34 PM

It's all of their names combined really and yes, I was obviously not talking about the Gen Z of the 90s, more like the privileged 13 year olds whose parents can afford such things. Common sense applies.

Anyways, key art looks great and I hope it's a huge success.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024 ART
 Jul 18 2024, 06:22:44 PM

I think most people only really know of it from the 2013 film adaptation. 

Election Day shows?
 Jul 18 2024, 05:12:49 PM

Yes, traffic and road closures, makes sense. Thank you so much for looking up that for me, and I hope you enjoy Aaron when he returns to the Moulin Rouge

Election Day shows?
 Jul 18 2024, 03:33:07 PM

So, only eight Broadway shows are playing on November 5th. I've never attended a show that day because it's always a crazy day that I didn't think of it. Is it for this very contentious election year (perhaps for the safety of the cast/crew) or has it always been like this? Obviously zero people attended a Broadway show during the last election but did anyone go on election night in 2016 when the world imploded?

Just curious. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:54:27 PM

And now I'll actually go to the show. I will never forget Mandy opening her mouth to sing for the first time at the Baryshnikov Arts Center for In The Heights. Absolute star of a woman. Thrilled for her! 

Kit Connor, Rachel Zegler to star in Sam Gold-directed ROMEO + JULIET
 Jul 18 2024, 01:45:51 PM

Jarethan said: "I have to admit to being surprised about the advanced sales for this show, at usurious prices yet. I have reached the following conclusion: the interest is not based on Shakespeare, Sam Gold or Rachel Zigler. (If she had been announced to play Juliet with an unknown Romeo, would there be any interest?).

That leads me to conclude that the driver for these sales is solely Kit Connor, based on his TV show, Heartstoppers. So, who is buying all these tickets? I

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/24
 Jul 18 2024, 01:40:19 PM

VintageSnarker said: "How are Suffs and The Notebook doing relative to their running costs? Can I wait until September to see them?"

Suffs has very deep pockets and they really want to be around for the election so I don't see it closing anytime before that.

I was looking at tickets for The Outsiders that were $199 and then they went up to $229, then $249, then $319 and now they are $423! Whew! Congratulations to them!

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 16 2024, 08:56:04 PM

OMG Marilyn, it's the f*cking CUTEST merch I've seen in awhile, tell me what you think! 

S'cute

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You