pixeltracker

Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE- Page 2

Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#25Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE
Posted: 7/26/14 at 3:25pm

I went to see this show .... it was very good. The scenery work was excellent, and the pit orchestra was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. It was very, very sad because there was almost nobody there, the auditorium was almost completely empty. We were there for a Saturday night show and there were probably less than 50 people in the audience .... in a large theater with a seating capacity of 2856. I had no idea it was even being put on until I read it here at the last minute on the broadwayworld message boards and bought tickets a couple days before the show. They even offered two free tickets to all teachers, police officers, firemen, military, paramedics, and first responders. I thought that was very gracious. I hope Prism Theatrics is able to do more fine work in the future.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#26Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE
Posted: 7/26/14 at 3:59pm

It will be pretty sad if your experience with the lack of attendance was the norm because it'll deter any future productions. This production looked well-conceived with a lot of craft behind it without relying solely on the original production.

I think maybe they should have done a show that would have been more appealing for the Dallas-Fort Worth population. Millie just doesn't catch people…not even in New York.

DWalk
#27Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE
Posted: 7/27/14 at 10:13am

Choice of shows could be one of the problems as a theater group in Dallas is doing Thoroughly Modern Millie at the same time.

I believe marketing is the biggest problem. I live approximately five miles from the theater and the only reason I knew anything about it was because of this broadwayworld.com forum. Even when I searched the local theater site, www.theaterjones.com, for Thoroughly Modern Millie it would direct me to the production over on the Dallas side of the Metroplex.

iluvtheatertrash
#28Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE
Posted: 7/27/14 at 10:24am

Is Anneliese still in this?

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#29Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE
Posted: 7/27/14 at 6:35pm

She was in it for the three weeks it was being put on. I think the last show was Sunday, July 20. They actually cancelled the 2 show scheduled for Saturday, July 19, I am assuming because of poor ticket sales.