News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JPeterman

JPeterman Profile Photo
Member Name: JPeterman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Look on the bright side when this is all over  Mar 17 2020, 05:34:58 PM
Jordan, I think you’re definitely right.
What will happen to Tony Awards?  Mar 12 2020, 05:37:56 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "If broadway is closed for 4 weeks, can’t the Tonys adjust their deadline for the season? "

As haterobics alluded to, a 4 week closure is just the absolute bare minimum based on current information. If they announced a 6 month closure now, and refunded 6 months worth of ticket orders, and somehow miraculously, everything was back to normal in 3 months, they would regret it.  I think it is safe to say that a 1 month

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 7 2020, 04:50:50 PM

dianamorales said: "I have a trip scheduled for next week to come to the city and see as many shows as possible. But as of today, New York is in a state of emergency. How do we think this will affect the city? Since shows in Italy and Texas have been canceled, what are the odds that broadway shows dont perform? Will the subway shut down? "

What shows have been canceled in Texas?

Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer  Feb 25 2020, 11:23:36 PM
I’ve been patiently waiting for this thread to emerge ..... I have a crap ton of tickets purchased for my entire family for the week leading up to the Tony Awards and I’m starting to hear comments and warnings from my various family members that they/we shouldn’t be traveling to NYC because of the looming pandemic. It’s scarIng the crap out of me because I have so many tickets lol ..... you name it, I got it. And then we have a big family trip planned to the Stratford Festival in Canada in Aug
SING STREET Will Transfer To Broadway  Feb 21 2020, 04:23:22 PM
Gus was the best part of the show .... it’s great news he’s continuing with the Broadway production.
Unknown Soldier - Playwrights Horizons  Feb 16 2020, 02:41:06 PM
Wow .... thanks for putting this on my radar.
Winter Garden additional Row  Feb 13 2020, 01:11:46 AM

angoradebs said: "Is it possible that they are actually planning to remove row AA?"

It seems very unlikely .... since they were selling tickets for months without AA on the seating map and then got the bright idea to squeeze in one more row of high priced tickets and went to the trouble of adding row AA to the seating map several weeks ago.

Winter Garden additional Row  Feb 12 2020, 08:39:02 PM
They are definitely holding row AA back - if the stage is high they will use them for lotto or sell them cheaply. If the stage is not too high, by the time they make them available for sale, they will charge whatever they can .... if the show is a super hot ticket, they may try to charge $600 $800 $1000 ... who knows. Since Hamilton, prices have just skyrocketed.
Winter Garden additional Row  Feb 12 2020, 06:15:14 PM
You must be my Broadway doppelgänger.... I was going to post literally this same message a few days ago. Our situation is virtually identical to yours. I was pretty ticked off to get hoodwinked like that! I’m debating whether or not to spend the time calling and trying to move up.
SING STREET @ NYTW  Feb 6 2020, 09:38:41 PM
I saw the show in previews in early January - he was in the show - he is the band’s drummer but he didn’t say a single word during the show ... which came across oddly.
Westside Theatre Questions  Feb 5 2020, 03:29:46 PM
The seats are about average size and average leg room. I just got back from a show intensive trip a few weeks ago and the Westside seats were fine, relatively speaking. The ones I remember being especially tight were front row mez for Jagged Little Pill and center orchestra for Moulin Rouge.
Will Little Shop of Horrors extend further?  Jan 20 2020, 10:37:37 PM

The main reason this Little Shop of Horrors is so good is Christian Borle. He is stellar. It is like watching your super funny best friend, and only you and he share all of the inside jokes. Groff is good, he does a fine job, but the magic in this show is Borle.

Will Little Shop of Horrors extend further?  Jan 20 2020, 03:19:48 AM

In regard to the original posters question, I spoke to someone associated with the show when I was in town around New Years and I asked this same question because I am coming back to NYC this summer with my family and I was hoping they could see the show in May or June.

The person I spoke to was very careful with their choice of words, and my impression was that the powers that be would like to continue to extend the show but it had not yet been decided if they were going to extend

American Utopia Discount  Jan 16 2020, 02:48:34 AM

That was funny wink

Idina Menzel a 'Go' for Funny Girl?  Jan 14 2020, 11:54:32 PM

I’d like to see Annaleigh Ashford do this.

Or if it has to be someone who is really famous, Emma Stone.

BEST MUSICAL 2020  Jan 13 2020, 12:51:51 PM

Dollypop said: "Why don't you let the shows open before judging them like this?"

Because I have seen all of them except Flying Over Sunset and Diana, and reviews of Diana have been poor.

BEST MUSICAL 2020  Jan 13 2020, 12:50:10 PM

BEST MUSICAL 2020  Jan 13 2020, 03:02:52 AM

This is a really weak group .... no wonder Sing Street was so determined to get in this year. I’m going to go with Flying Over Sunset due to its talented team and because nothing else on this list deserves to win.

Which Play to See?  Jan 11 2020, 11:08:33 PM
My whole June theatre trip grew out of a need to see Laure Metcalf in Virginia Woolf so that is definitely #1

I would say Lehman #2

WSS 2019/20  Jan 9 2020, 09:57:31 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "When we saw Ben between Christmas and New Years, he was a thrilling performer with a uniquepowerful vibe onstage (and possibly the only blond guy upthere). Amazing dancer, excellent actor with a scary edge and a slightly higher speaking voice than you'd expect forRiff, whichmade his Riff really one of a kind.

And no, he was not the best singer onstage (his Jet Song was problematic), but he really nailed the notes in "Cool", so maybe

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You