pixeltracker

Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album- Page 2

Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#25Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/15/14 at 7:43pm

'I am not speaking out of my backside, sir. Not at all.'

Oh please, that's all you do when it comes to me and my posts, you are like the equivalent of Joan Rivers, a joke that has gone on way too long (a little like your constant 'Heathers joke). Find me one post where i knocked you for liking American Life? That is something i would never do. I mean come on im a 'crazy Madonna fan' one moment according to you but then i knock you for liking a Madonna album. Give me a break

Taboo
I am really hoping that this album takes the kind of direction that that snippet promises. I also do want a few kick ass dance songs though.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

VIETgrlTerifa
#26Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/17/14 at 10:01pm

I think Gang Bang had something most of the other dance tracks didn't have, which was that it felt raw and it actually had ups and downs. Some of the up-tempo tracks on the album didn't really seem to be about anything. I do think Love Spent and Falling Free were her two best tracks on the album. But Madonna would never release an album of new material and have it all be ballads.

Regarding American Life, I think that album and its extremely negative receptive created the Madonna we have now. She and Mirwais produced every track of that album themselves and she probably put a lot into it personally and creatively only to have it maimed by the press. It's the only album of hers that didn't have a hit track (other than MDNA) if you don't count that tacking on of "Die Another Day". That had to do something to her. "Confessions on the Dance Floor" is a big fan favorite and it is a great album, but it's very safe and cold. For an album with the word "Confessions" in the title, it's strangely very impersonal. Hard Candy is a lot better than most people give credit it for (not saying it's great, but I think the tracks are very danceable and I like a lot of the disco throwbacks and guitar riffs in the album). "She's Not Me" is a personal fave of mine.

I think Madonna's real problem other than lack of creative direction, self-awareness, and willingness to be vulnerable is whoever it is that picks her singles. That's been a problem since Hard Candy.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."
Updated On: 7/17/14 at 10:01 PM

#27Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/17/14 at 10:50pm

^ agreed a million times over.
Towards the end of her Warner contract- the singles selections were horrible and badly timed. video releases were weeks after a single release- or vice versa and therefore consumers were not interested anymore- plus radio airplay was never timed correctly. But also- I think people were so pro-Bush that it scared people. Watching that American Life video now- has so much more depth, so much more meaning and in a way- so timely even so right now. What an amazing video.

MDNA's (give me all your luv) went top 10- and the other releases went #1 on dance charts where she is always a healthy presence on those charts.

I love the American Life album. So many great moments, very raw- well produced and vulnerable.

this deserves another listen and another viewing.

AMERICAN LIFE- Original Video Uncensored Updated On: 7/17/14 at 10:50 PM

#28Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/17/14 at 10:56pm

And i think this Fan Made version of Gang Bang from MDNA is the best thing created from her recent videos as of late. It actually improves the song by leaps and bounds.

GANG BANG- fan made video

VIETgrlTerifa
#29Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/17/14 at 11:03pm

BTW, did people really like "Turn Up the Radio"? When the album came out, people kept telling me how much they liked that song whereas I thought it was absolutely boring and generic. I guess some people must've liked it since they made it into a single.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."
Updated On: 7/17/14 at 11:03 PM

#30Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/17/14 at 11:09pm

it should've been the first single and used as a summer/spring song. but alas, bad timing.
i know people who enjoy it a lot too- but i feel it needed a little more lift or needed to go to another level.

#31Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/17/14 at 11:41pm

ALso
They should've just released this as the MDNA video.
This pretty much makes the album feel/sound great.
What a great retrospective.
It makes me appreciate MDNA just a bunch more.

THE MDNA Megamix

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:02am

I was looking around tonight and saw that the Re-Invention tour DVD is for sale on Madonna's website! I had no idea this was ever released!!!

http://www.madonna-store.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=117

#33Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:14am

WHAT?!?!?!?

Jordan Catalano
#34Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:18am

I almost pooped myself with excitement as I immediately entered my credit card information.

#35Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:19am

look Jordan!!!
This is my favorite tour.
Love the 'Burning Up' / "Material Girl" section in this show

REINVENTION TOUR (Lisbon) Closing night

#36Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:20am

Purchased as WELL! thanks for the tidbit!

Jordan Catalano
#37Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:21am

I hate that I missed seeing this one live, but I just couldn't afford it at the time. Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album

#38Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:27am

american life/die another day/nobody knows me/burning up/papa don't preach/material girl/crazy for you/nothing fails/frozen/express yourself/music

yeah- best tour hands down.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#39Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 9:24am

Ohhh...I'm gonna buy that too!
Is it the whole tour or that weird documentary she released with tour clips?

Jordan Catalano
#40Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 9:40am

No, it's the ENTIRE show!

#41Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 10:30am

she gave an awesome, vulnerable performance during the papa don't preach/crazy for you/get into the groove segment..

songanddanceman2
#42Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 12:09pm

The Reinvention tour DVD is the same one that leaked ages ago and is on You Tube, it doesn't feel finished like the other concert DVDs of her, you barely see any of the screens etc as they have not been mixed in to the edit. I never understood why she abandoned this DVD. Rumor at the time was that she was losing her voice (which you can hear towards the end of the show) so she was not happy with it. Its a great tour, saw it twice here in the UK.

Edit
This is the full one on the DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mraesu4fVfc

Updated On: 7/18/14 at 12:09 PM

VIETgrlTerifa
#43Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/18/14 at 9:19pm

I'm surprised she didn't just fix the voice issues post-production, which is what she obviously does for the other DVDs.

songanddanceman2
#44Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/19/14 at 8:10am

The one thats it's most obvious her voice has been fixed on is the Sticky and Sweet Tour DVD, i cant even watch it. She sounded fine live, rough in that Madonna way but fine. The MDNA tour DVD had a few moments but largely they left it alone

VIETgrlTerifa
#45Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/19/14 at 4:12pm

When she started "Girl Gone Wild" on the MDNA Tour, I was really taken aback at how computerized it sounded. Her voice sounded more natural afterwards.

songanddanceman2
#46Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/19/14 at 9:51pm

I think she was singing over her own voice on GGW when I watched it live, then the behind track vanished on the DVD but I agree the first verse on the DVD sounds electronic, but then seems to switch to her live.

Jordan Catalano
#47Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/21/14 at 3:02pm

I got that REINVENTION tour dvd in the mail today and well, the quality is sh*t. It looks like it was dubbed off of youtube. I'm really pissed that they're charging $30 for something that they couldn't even take the time to make sure it looks decent.

Wildcard
#48Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/21/14 at 3:55pm

I haven't been a fan of how they've been editing concert videos in the past decade. I could watch the Girlie Show over and over. You get a good overall view of everything that's going on on the stage. With the Reinvention tour, Confessions Tour, MDNA tour, etc the shots are so hyper-active. They overlay scenes together for more "artsy" effects. It looks like I'm watching a music video versus a concert. You miss out on the dances because they are shot as extreme close-ups. I could only watch the videos once and then lose interest in watching them again.

Jordan Catalano
#49Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album
Posted: 7/21/14 at 4:08pm

I'm not talking about the editing, I'm talking about the pixelated, blurriness of the show. The quality is AWFUL.