News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jordan Catalano

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Member Name: Jordan Catalano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

West End Comings & Goings
 Jul 26 2024, 03:05:25 PM

I’ve said for a year now that “Two Strangers” would do great here and I can’t imagine it won’t show up sooner rather than later. 

Celebs on stage 2024-5 season
 Jul 26 2024, 12:19:22 AM

Julianna Margulies

Katie Holmes

Nick Jonas 

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 09:34:46 AM

There’s no point in transferring this production anywhere without Jamie Parker. His performance is just as strong as Levy’s and for me, one of the best male performances I’ve ever seen in a musical. And I mean EVER. 

Ragtime at City Center
 Jul 24 2024, 12:37:24 PM

Voter said: "So does this mean The Connector will transfer in the spring or summer if Ross is still attached to lead it still?"

I'd imagine if Ross stays with anything it'll be "Gatsby".  

Girl From the North Country to be filmed
 Jul 24 2024, 09:54:51 AM

Well hopefully since it’s getting that UK theatrical release this Fall, we see it over here in some form around then. 

Denzel Washington to return to Broadway in OTHELLO?
 Jul 24 2024, 09:19:30 AM

That’s all well and good but I need the show to give me DATES, so I can plan my life around it. 

Girl From the North Country to be filmed
 Jul 24 2024, 08:39:17 AM

I just got an email that this will play in cinemas in UK & Ireland this November. 

Link

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 23 2024, 09:43:01 PM

They did a great job updating this production so it doesn’t look like its from aaaaalllllllllll the way back in 2008. They took out the scene where Diana goes to the hospital in the horse and buggy and Gabe is no longer a Victorian era ghost wearing chains. Natalie is a high school student now instead of working in the factory and Dr. Madden is now a real doctor who doesn’t try to cure Diana by using a vibrator. 

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 23 2024, 07:10:21 PM

“Having not yet seen QoV I can't speak on whether that's the circumstance here with Abraham's character, but I do disagree with the general statement that a main character in a musical needs to sing a lot.”

I want to clarify what I was thinking above. I agree with Kad here but in this show where there’s so little at stake, the relationship between Jackie and David is one of the major plot points and not having that explored in any song didn’t w

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 01:33:18 PM

Good on “Home” for ending strong at almost $30 a ticket. 

Patrick Marber will direct THE PRODUCERS for London’s Menier Chocolate Factory, beginning November 2024
 Jul 23 2024, 12:12:12 PM

When the space is used as a traditional theater setting, it’s a decently sized stage. You can see what that looks like in this video of MERRILY from 2013. 

Merrily We Roll Along

Jul 23 2024, 11:51:55 AM

Another thought I had was about the character of her husband, David. I don't know if the role was written for F. Murray Abraham or not but the fact that David doesn't sing is a big problem. He has one "song" where he sings a few lines and another song (The "Rodeo" number) that's about him and he's there for but doesn't sing, but other than that it's a speaking role only. So in a musical, where so much of the story/conflict is done in song, the other

Jul 22 2024, 10:39:09 PM

To answer your question above, no. That’s not mentioned. I had no idea until you asked. There's a hint of of it when Fox News is shown on a big TV, but that's it. 

I’ve now seen this a few times and have more mixed feelings. Cheno really is wonderful in this (it’s truly fantastic work she’s doing) but the show feels extremely unfocused. It’s about this rich lady who…what? Wants to be rich and she is. There’s no “real&rdq

Jul 22 2024, 12:21:40 PM

There’s something else that didn’t sit well with me and curious if others feel the same way 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

After her daughter’s death when Jackie publishes her diary, all good-will I personally had for the woman up until that point just got thrown out. For me, that’s such a disgusting thing to do and I don

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 22 2024, 11:22:06 AM

It looks like they’re holding a lot back. 

Jul 22 2024, 10:59:23 AM

$100 for last row of the balcony and the front half of the orchestra is $350 - $450. Insane. 

Jul 21 2024, 05:09:58 PM

I’m in love with Paul Mescal but that “Streetcar” was DIRE. 

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024 ART
 Jul 20 2024, 05:57:51 PM

Oh man, did I love this today. This is so far superior to what's on Broadway right now, in almost every way, I felt. I adored this score and the only thing I can remember from what's on Broadway right now is Jeremy singing "Daaaaaaaisy" over and over again. But this is something I could listen to over and over again. I've said many times that I find Solea to be one of the most exciting actors in musical theater right now and she doesn't disappoint here. In fact,

Jul 20 2024, 11:04:37 AM

Also, as for the running time, last night Act One was 1:25 and Act Two was 1:08 with Intermission lasting 25 minutes. So it's not an abnormally long show but with cuts it should be a tight 2:30. 

Jul 20 2024, 11:00:33 AM

It's insane to think how this is Kristin's first musical in almost a decade and her first ORIGINAL show in over two decades. 

As for the daughters' songs, if I had one wish for the show I'd honestly cut them all. They come across as cut songs from something like "Heathers" or something awful like that, just to make 12 year old girls go "OMG it's meeee" and turn them into another "Defying Gravity" (though nowhere near as go

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You