News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jordan Catalano

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Member Name: Jordan Catalano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York  May 8 2024, 01:15:33 PM

Jesus. $14 million vs £2 million. 

I still don’t fully understand the differences in mounting a show that make that difference.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 09:58:25 AM

Maybe they can have Amy Winehouse or something in this - someone else instantly recognizable.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 09:15:40 AM

Oh another thing I didn’t get - the “fat Elvis” at the party at the end. If the potion makes you the best and most beautiful version of yourself, why is this version of Elvis there?

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 09:12:02 AM

I hope they do. Reading through this thread it seems that they’re really working on things every day, so I have hope! 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 08:56:57 AM

“And again, the lowering curtain landed atop Viola’s mansion door - twice. Helen purred “if only there was some strapping young man to help us” as a stagehand quickly corrected the moment.”

The first time it happened was really very funny. The second time I thought “Oh this must be a ‘bit’ they’re doing”. I guess it’s not?

The Public announces 2024-2025 Season including Gatz, Sumo, premieres, and more  May 8 2024, 12:41:03 AM

Awwwww y'all remembered! lol

I am 100% going to try to make it through this, though. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 12:37:07 AM

Oh and tonight's sponsor was - "Brought to you by Taco Bell - Think Outside the Bun!"

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 12:34:03 AM

I disagree there because there really are only 3 characters in "Death Becomes Her" with some side characters, Lisle (or Viola here, I don't understand the name change) really being the most prominent of them. Personally, I wish she had that one big scene and then the scene toward the end at the party and that's it - I think that's all that's needed from her. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 12:23:18 AM

Absolutely HAAAAAAAATED that opening lol.

And I was fully prepared to grit my teeth and roll my eyes through the "For the Gaze" number but damn that was GOOD - THAT is what should open the show. That's the tone the show is going for and that's how it should begin.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 8 2024, 12:08:15 AM

OOOOOOOK, so let's talk. 

Back at the hotel after the show tonight. There's a lot to really like here - A LOT. My biggest fear has been the show wouldn't land the tone of the film (as I described before) but it really doesn't matter here since the musicals' Helen & Madeline are not Meryl and Goldie's in any way. They're their own things and that's for the best because it frees them of need to live up to the film. It's clear very fast t

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 7 2024, 07:40:14 PM

I agree about Suffs. A montage would be great, ending with that fire but they need something to make a big impression. 

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 7 2024, 06:04:04 PM

If “The Notebook” does perform, they’d be silly not to have McAdams introduce it. 

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center  May 7 2024, 12:23:56 PM

I was told this was a possibility about a week ago and immediately started putting some money aside lol. 

There’s also a REALLY great actress who hasn’t been on Broadway in over 20 years joining the cast, I believe.  

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 6 2024, 04:11:27 PM

Cool so next time you post that you like a show, we can turn around and completely discredit your opinion because “you want it to succeed”. Makes TOTAL sense.

The Lonely Few @ MCC  May 5 2024, 09:24:42 PM

I don’t really have much to add to what others have said here, after tonight’s show. The book is a MESS. It’s less than paper thin and needs serious retooling if they want to do anything with this, moving forward. None of the performances can be faulted but they’re given so little to work with.

Half the score is pretty good but there’s entirely too much of it and half of it that takes place in the bar is just songs about nothing. They don’t have anyt

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 5 2024, 09:16:37 PM

If this doesn’t go into the Duke of York’s Theatre, it would just be a real shame. Curious to see an updated version of it, if it happens. 

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 5 2024, 12:00:07 PM

God that was beautifully written, Auggie. <3

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 5 2024, 11:36:43 AM

Goldie Hawn barely cracked a smile in the film. She was so serious and it was SO delicious. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 5 2024, 10:59:07 AM

Seeing this in a few days and can’t wait. I am a bit worried with the “THIS IS FOR THE GAYS (GAZE)” mood of it. The original didn’t open in 1992 for gay men to enjoy or advertising to them. Hell, I’m sure it becoming a Queer classic wasn’t even in their radar when filming. But we pick up on these things and “claim them” and turn them into classics. Like “Mommie Dearest” and so many others before and after, and the thing is they&rsquo

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 5 2024, 10:50:03 AM

I’ve seen this 6 times now and it’s quickly just becoming one of my favorite things, maybe ever. Funny how I missed so much the first time I saw it, even though it hit me so hard & so deeply but it’s the repeat viewings where I pick up on so much more.

I don’t think there’s a chance this takes Best Musical, now (I would have bet on it winning after the first time I saw it) after its acting nom snubs which I’ll never forgive the voters for. But da

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You