News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jordan Catalano

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Member Name: Jordan Catalano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 17 2024, 04:12:17 PM

I heard from someone last night that it was 3 hours. So… who knows. 

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 17 2024, 02:30:33 PM

I’ve been told it’s true. 

My daughter’s late September trip to London
 Jul 17 2024, 12:16:12 AM

There is a TKTS booth in London, actually. If she doesn’t want to buy in advance she should also use TodayTix when she’s there.

10th anniversary of Heathers
 Jul 16 2024, 08:30:10 AM

I saw it at the enormous Theatre Royal Haymarket in London and hated it even more. It’s not the production quality it’s the quality of the material that waters down the satire to a point it shouldn’t even be allowed to be called “Heathers”.

10th anniversary of Heathers
 Jul 16 2024, 07:12:14 AM

One of the worst musicals to ever exist based on one of the best films to ever exist. Never ceases to amaze me how popular it is in the UK. 

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December
 Jul 15 2024, 03:56:51 PM

This was available on my Delta flight today so obviously had to watch. 

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 12 2024, 04:32:29 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "Cole's Opening Night curtain call speech:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9TiJThOYws/
"

the best opening night speech I’ve ever seen. 

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 09:08:42 PM

Rave from USA Today

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 09:07:32 PM

Four Stars from The Guardian

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 09:05:06 PM

Five Stars From Time Out

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 Jul 11 2024, 07:34:06 PM

Any discounts yet for this?

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 11 2024, 03:40:40 PM

Last night she stayed and signed for everyone waiting for her and was lovely. She said she wouldn’t do photos but signed for all who asked and chatted while she did. 

Jul 10 2024, 07:09:04 PM

It’s a different production than the Broadway one, entirely. And again seeing it the first night I didn’t enjoy it too much. But tonight, I enjoyed it much more. So they’re working on it. 

Jul 10 2024, 06:38:03 PM

Saw this again tonight and what a difference 4 days makes. It’s like she, Nyman and Russell are giving totally different (for the better) performances. Imelda is now leaning into the humor more instead of the sadness. Nyman has significantly taken the meanness down into a more “curmudgeon” personality and Russell has done away with the anger her Irene had. With all of that it was a much much better show and even a joy to watch. 

Marisa Tomei, Calista Flockhart, Christian Slater Will Headline Plays in The New Group's 2024–25 Season
 Jul 10 2024, 01:10:25 PM

WOWZA. This is gonna be an amazing season!

Frank Wildhorn’s manga musicals
 Jul 9 2024, 07:36:02 PM

Yes, “Death Note” (edited my response above).

This production of “Your Lie” is a full production. Fully staged, it’s not a concert. 

Frank Wildhorn’s manga musicals
 Jul 9 2024, 07:20:01 PM

I saw “Your Lie in April” tonight. I couldn’t have hated it anymore than I did. My problem with Wildhorn shows is usually never Wildhorn’s music but everything else and this was no different. The book and lyrics (lyrics especially) seemed to be written by a 7th grader doing an assignment for their theater class at summer camp . In the audience I was clearly in the minority because the amount of sobbing all around me bordered on eye-rolling and “Look at me I&

Jul 6 2024, 07:48:31 PM

Yes, Jenna is entirely too old for Irene - it looked very odd. 
The reactions over at Theatreboard are GLOWING and I’m glad people enjoyed it as much as they did (and will). Just very interesting to me how those of us who saw the 2017 revival have such a wildly different take on this one. 

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 6 2024, 07:25:37 PM

Walking home, I accidentally stepped on a rat last week and it screamed and scared the sh*t out of me. Fun times. 

Jul 6 2024, 05:56:35 PM

I agree with most of what Binau said. I wonder if my thoughts would be more glowing had I not seen the last revival but this is missing a lot of the "joy" that had. I know a lot of that was Midler's humor but even still I think that's something lacking here. Staunton was not at all like I thought she'd be - she didn't raise her voice even once, I think. Incredibly soft-spoken and sweet. But for me that didn't pair well with Nyman's Horace who just seemed...me

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You