pixeltracker

Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?

Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#2Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 7/30/14 at 11:33am

Thrilled about Carousel!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#2Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 5/17/15 at 1:43pm

Expect a cast recording of Carousel!

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#3Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 5/21/15 at 9:35pm

Yes - I'm very excited for the Carousel cast recording! Was so excited when I had heard in the original press release. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#4Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/17/15 at 2:46pm

It doesn't seem like anyone here really cares (judging by the traction on this thread from last year!) but Ouzounian announced today that Stratford will do A Chorus Line and A Little Night Music in the 2016 season.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#5Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/18/15 at 1:56pm

Not really excited for either one, to be honest. I bought the cast recording for A Little Night Music about 10 years ago, and then the new one for Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury and have yet to listen to both full through. I can't get into it.

As for A Chorus Line, to me its a museum piece. It will depend strongly on the casting of the characters. I mean, to a certain degree anyone can play everyone. What made the original production so "interesting" was that the actors were playing themselves, or a variation of themselves.

I'll be interested to see what Shaw has to offer. Are there any rumblings for them?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
Updated On: 6/18/15 at 01:56 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#6Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/18/15 at 2:10pm

I think it's interesting to put A Chorus Line on the Festival Stage (if Ouzounian is correct with this information).  Can you do A Chorus Line on a thrust stage?  Isn't the whole point that it's on a proscenium stage, with an actual chorus line?  Seems like Night Music should be on the Festival stage, right?

Updated On: 6/18/15 at 02:10 PM

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#7Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/18/15 at 2:42pm

I could not agree with you more, Tag. Although, I wish Carousel was on the Festival Stage like it was back in 1991.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#8Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:30pm

I think A Little Night Music and A Chorus Line are a good lineup. But, as you say, it does seem that Chorus Line is better suited to a proscenium stage, while Night Music could be well done on a thrust stage. Do they think A Chorus Line is a bigger draw and that’s why they want to put it in the Festival Theatre? I would think A Little Night Music would be a bigger draw for Stratford’s audience – which is largely older.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#9Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 7/1/15 at 3:20pm

What genius PR department do they have in Stratford that would have a season announcement on Canada Day?!

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#10Stratford Rumors: SOUND OF MUSIC and CAROUSEL Set for the 2015 Season?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 11:45pm

I love Stratford and their PR department is honestly fantastic. Love working with them.

(But if BWW had like buttons, I'd like your post.) Was not expecting it yesterday.