Profile for fashionguru_23

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
Member Name: fashionguru_23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 21 2024, 11:16:48 AM

Guess I'm crossing the boarder for Kimberly Akimbo in Detroit! 

Donny Osmond returning to JOSEPH  Feb 21 2024, 10:10:24 AM

TotallyEffed said: "The Cathy Rigbyof Egypt."

^^^THIS. THIS is the reason these message boards were created. My desk is now covered in coffee from a great laugh. Thanks so much!

Dianne Warren musical in development from DiPietro and Marshall  Feb 16 2024, 08:21:50 AM

They seem to be pulling at straws, considering they are running articles mentioning that the show will contain a Taylor Swift song...

Disney developing TANGLED stage musical  Feb 14 2024, 10:18:58 AM

Let's not forget that magical time from November 2006-July 2007, when Disney had 4 shows running on Broadway, and the Nederlanders had a third of their theatres filled with Disney.

Disney developing TANGLED stage musical  Feb 14 2024, 08:46:45 AM

To a certain degree, this isn't 100% new news. There has been a stage version of Tangled playing on Disney Cruise Line since 2015. Alan Menken, and Glenn Slater wrote 3 new songs for the show. IIRC, there was a video or interview with Alan Menken when this was in production talking about, this giving him, Slater, and Disney a chance to see what an expanded show could be like.

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 13 2024, 02:58:29 PM

Only one show at the Golden Gate? Is something going on with that theatre?

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 13 2024, 02:03:05 PM

The mystery show has to be something that isn't announced yet for tour, or is a transfer from London, or a world premiere. I have a hard time believing they would hold back the name of the show if it was announced in other cities. 

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Feb 8 2024, 10:39:26 AM

Broadway Flash said: "There’s a few days when this will be running at the same time as Gatsby at ART"

Don't tell everyone! I don't want these performances to sell out! ahahaha

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 31 2024, 03:04:08 PM

I hope we get an announcement that they are dimming the theatre lights for Chita. Although, Charlotte St. Martin might want to fumble the ball one more time before she leaves.

Denzel Washington to return to Broadway in OTHELLO?  Jan 31 2024, 08:28:03 AM

What would get me is if were are looking for actors over 40, can we get Patrick Page as Iago?

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 02:37:10 PM

Wow. This is such a titanic lost for the Broadway community. I remember the only time I ever staged doored was after Mystery of Edwin Drood just so I could meet her. Once I ask if she would sign my Playbill, I said to the girl beside me, "I can die now". Chita smiled, laughed and touch my shoulder. 

What an amazing woman and life!

MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING musical, featuring Burt Bacharach catalogue songs  Jan 30 2024, 12:10:16 PM

Seeing as this is Ogunquit Playhouse, can we expect Sally Struthers as Old Joe in Waitress, Madame Armfeldt in Night Music, and one of the mothers in "My Best Friend's Wedding"? ahahaha

Stephanie J. Block in Kiss Me, Kate – London  Jan 17 2024, 10:38:07 AM

Interesting to note is that Sher is bringing his classic design team of Michael Yeargan (sets) Catherine Zuber (Costumes), and Donald Holder (lighting) for this production. 

Theatres Offered - But Kindly Declined.  Jan 11 2024, 03:47:56 PM

OhHiii said: "binau said: "OhHiii said: "Did he really say that? Do you know the exact words? I’m just surprised because besides being blatantly untrue and the reality being the exact opposite (ie Americans, at least those that present work in New York obviously make better musicals than Brits, with Matilda being a rare exception) in my opinion…it just seems like a bad idea to say ‘READ THE ROOM.’"

He did indeed. I don't

Branden Jacobs-Jenkins (APPROPRIATE) and Lileana Blain-Cruz (THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH) to adapt Prince's PURPLE RAIN to the stage  Jan 8 2024, 09:16:25 AM

I'm assuming the location and dates will be announced with one of the season announcements that should be starting in the next few weeks or so. I'm thinking Minneapolis would make sense, or Chicago.

Cursed Child North American tour announced…. How??  Jan 5 2024, 02:21:41 PM

I'm going to assume the writing on the walls might be a projection instead of invisible paint?

Peter Marks leaving Washington Post  Dec 18 2023, 02:23:43 PM

I really liked Peter Marks. I will him all the best. We seemed to have some similar tastes and opinions, so I will miss his criticism.

re: Rarest/most valuable playbills  Dec 14 2023, 08:53:35 AM

Hard to say obviously what is rare, or most valuable. One can only deem what those items are in their own collection. For me, I have a playbill from The Rink signed by Chita and Liza. I also have a Playbill from The Pajama Game, with an insert stating that the role of Gladys usually played by Carol Haney, will be played by Shirley MacLaine. Not sure how often this happened, so I'd like to believe it was from the infamous night Shirley MacLaine was discovered. 

I also have

Theatre Director Michael Blakemore Dies at 95  Dec 13 2023, 11:03:33 AM

BWW Article

Michael Blakemore had died at the age of 95. I will say that his production of Kiss Me Kate seemed to breathe new life into the show, and I've always felt was a turning point for the great revivals the came after.

Although, you may notice in the article it lists Blakemore as the director of Kiss of the Spider Woman and the London production of Into the Woods. I'm sure Hal Price and Richard Jones would disagree!

People Who Won Tonys for the Wrong Projects  Dec 13 2023, 08:38:02 AM

Hey, Zelda! said: "Jule Styne forHallelujah, Baby?"

Funny enough you say this. There is a Jule Styne quote where he says (I'm paraphrasing) "You win awards for the ones you don't think you'll win for, and lose for ones you think you deserve to win for".

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You