News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fashionguru_23

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
Member Name: fashionguru_23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SCHMIGADOON! to play Kennedy Center  May 7 2024, 10:29:58 AM

Corn puddin'...corn puddin'...corn puddin' corn puddin' CORN PUDDIN!

Hot Spot 1963  Apr 19 2024, 11:47:26 AM

Be kind...don't laugh!

How do shows assign dressing rooms?  Apr 11 2024, 06:12:32 PM

If you want a fun 4:30 mins, there was a video series on Broadway.com following Beth Level into Mamma Mia, and the below video shows her picking her dressing room. She has her choice of 2 at the Winter Garden, with one being *I believe* the current Donna's, and then the actress playing Sophie. So, I guess if she picked that one, she would be making the Sophie move. 

Beth Level at Mamma Mia

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 10 2024, 03:31:57 PM

I am a fan of The SweatyOracle, and I will say I'd rather have him be wrong, then have a thread on here full of people who comment they know information, but will never give out the information when ask? Why do you need the ego boost to gloat? Don't tease me. We aren't 5 years old. 

Sondheim Estate Permissions Custom Stephen Sondheim Musical Tribute Revues (Music + Lyrics)  Apr 9 2024, 02:43:54 PM

Unfortunately, the article is incorrect. Sondheim on Sondheim is available to license. As well as the off-Broadway and Broadway versions of "Putting It Together". Also, the lesser known revues "Marry Me a Little", using cut and trunk songs from 1981, written by Craig Lucas; and "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow", which was performed at the Whitney Museum in 1983 are available to license. These are all in the MTI website. 

I do find this new re

Creatives Taking Notes During Previews  Mar 26 2024, 09:08:50 AM

I was seated behind David West Read, who was taking notes during an early performance of &Juliet in Toronto. Also, I was at Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Scarlett Johansson when I saw 2 people standing against the wall where the balcony splits, and realized Rob Ashford was standing there taking in the show. I was one of the lucky few who saw the show with Ghost Skipper! 

Show That Have Sat Down  Mar 25 2024, 09:37:20 AM

Toronto also had sit downs of Beauty and the Beast, Jersey Boys, Sunset Blvd, Tommy, The Sound of Music, Rock of Ages, The Wizard of Oz, Dirty Dancing, Phantom, Hairspray, Miss Saigon, Les Miz

Boston had a production of 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Mar 20 2024, 10:11:06 AM

Bumping this up for the tour thread, but also the Android app still isn't working.

2024-2025 Touring Season  Mar 19 2024, 09:41:15 AM

The unannounced show from Toronto's Mirvish 2024-2025 season has been named. It is Crow's Theatre's production of Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812. 

Scandal in Oz: Was 'Over the Rainbow' Plagiarized?  Mar 10 2024, 02:38:28 PM

Jerry Herman wrote in his memoir, "Showtune", that after "Hello Dolly" came out, a lawsuit was brought against him and others about the title song, and that is was plagiarized. I can't remember who it was who said it (Jule Styne, maybe?) that you don't have a hit on hands until such a case comes forward. 

Herman also noted that, like Michael Feinstein, all composers work with the same number of notes.

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's  Mar 7 2024, 11:03:27 AM

It is playing Toronto in Winter/Spring 2025.

Why did Shuffle Along fall off the face of the Earth?  Mar 5 2024, 09:13:29 AM

Has anyone read "When Broadway Went Black"? It seems to be all about the original Shuffle Along.

Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?  Feb 27 2024, 11:30:30 AM

MemorableUserName said: "At this point they should do it as a reincarnation or time travel story about two people/souls stuck reliving the same story over and over in different eras. That way they can use all the songs from the various versions. Make the fact that audiences are seeing this story yet again part of the premise."

Omigod! I thought of the same thing, and was coming to post that. 

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 21 2024, 11:16:48 AM

Guess I'm crossing the boarder for Kimberly Akimbo in Detroit! 

Donny Osmond returning to JOSEPH  Feb 21 2024, 10:10:24 AM

TotallyEffed said: "The Cathy Rigbyof Egypt."

^^^THIS. THIS is the reason these message boards were created. My desk is now covered in coffee from a great laugh. Thanks so much!

Dianne Warren musical in development from DiPietro and Marshall  Feb 16 2024, 08:21:50 AM

They seem to be pulling at straws, considering they are running articles mentioning that the show will contain a Taylor Swift song...

Disney developing TANGLED stage musical  Feb 14 2024, 10:18:58 AM

Let's not forget that magical time from November 2006-July 2007, when Disney had 4 shows running on Broadway, and the Nederlanders had a third of their theatres filled with Disney.

Disney developing TANGLED stage musical  Feb 14 2024, 08:46:45 AM

To a certain degree, this isn't 100% new news. There has been a stage version of Tangled playing on Disney Cruise Line since 2015. Alan Menken, and Glenn Slater wrote 3 new songs for the show. IIRC, there was a video or interview with Alan Menken when this was in production talking about, this giving him, Slater, and Disney a chance to see what an expanded show could be like.

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 13 2024, 02:58:29 PM

Only one show at the Golden Gate? Is something going on with that theatre?

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 13 2024, 02:03:05 PM

The mystery show has to be something that isn't announced yet for tour, or is a transfer from London, or a world premiere. I have a hard time believing they would hold back the name of the show if it was announced in other cities. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You