pixeltracker

A Delicate Balance previews begin tonight- Page 3

A Delicate Balance previews begin tonight

nasty_khakis
#50A Delicate Balance previews begin tonight
Posted: 2/3/15 at 10:49am

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and agree completely about the insanely bad costuming. I immediately thought it was 1966 based on Close's housecoat and hair, then Plimpton entered in a very 80s (yet modern) outfit and hair. Then Higgins in her very modern garb. To me, they were purposefully mismatched to try to convey a "timelessness/anytime" point, but for all the reasons pointed out above, these people simply make no sense in 2014.

I don't know why people always rave about Plimpton. I LOVE her on The Good Wife and Raising Hope, but on stage she always comes across as broad and actress-y.

I also thought Duncan was a tad one-note and how dynamic Judith Light would be, but then I realized she had played this role in "Other Desert Cities" right down to the Pucci blouse.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#51A Delicate Balance previews begin tonight
Posted: 2/3/15 at 6:21pm

I thought of the group of stars that Duncan would have changed the most over the run.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#52A Delicate Balance previews begin tonight
Posted: 2/15/15 at 8:55pm

I managed to snag a $39 ticket to the upcoming Wednesday matinee through TodayTix! I know it received tepid reviews on here and from critics, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this production, and didn't think I'd get the chance considering the discounts were never good enough to convince me to go.