News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nasty_khakis

nasty_khakis Profile Photo
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE ROOMMATE Previews
 Sep 6 2024, 10:57:59 PM

I actually think the audience is behaving so poorly is because of the clunky direction with SO MANY "cut to black, 3 minute scene change that lets the audience start talking to each other, lights up new scene" moments.

This was...well, fine. I was amused enough at some moments and once I realized Patti was channeling Bea Arthur sitcom acting I leaned into what she was doing more. I did start picturing Anette playing a less sitcom-y sleeker and cooler character. I do think

THE ROOMMATE Previews
 Aug 29 2024, 07:12:08 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Praying she makes her entrance on a motorcycle"

"Which way to the stage?!"

Will we ever see Avenue Q again?
 Aug 13 2024, 10:57:13 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I would like them to update the show. We know that people’s sense of humor changes, just look at a funny thing happened on the way to the forum. But just like they revamped shrek and thoroughly modern Millie, I think they could go back in and write new jokes for avenue q that takes place in modern times. Theres so much to make fun of in the woke/maga times we’re living in"

Um, I...very much doubt the creatives would work together at

Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
 Aug 8 2024, 10:20:15 AM

So we shut out Laura Osnes for her Trump-ism but not Mamet for his? The man has said some pretty gross things pretty recently.

Alternate Universe: Patti LuPone in Sam Mendes' Gypsy (2003)
 Aug 4 2024, 12:01:12 AM

Several people have said (David Burtka being the most vocal) that what Mendes conceived/directed originally was not what ended up on Broadway because Laurents had screaming fight issues with some of the choices but a lot of those choices ended up in his Patti production.

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 19 2024, 06:06:52 PM

uncageg said: "First venue that crossed my mind was Stage 42nd. I could see a scaled down production in there and ALW has a good relationship with the Shuberts. Just what crossed my mind."

This is the only place I can see them doing the "scaled down/tour" version they've basically wanted to bring to broadway since Prince passed because Prince's standards were expensive (just look at the original Christine Masquarade costume vs what's in the West

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 6 2024, 01:00:16 PM

Burkha also outright said most of the stuff Laurents refused to let Mendes do he himself did with the Patti Gypsy.

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 01:47:56 PM

uncamark said: "BS. Shaina Taub isn't a publicity-seeking showboat who wears African masks in public during COVIDlike Jeremy Harris. And she's out there every night. Why would she want the show to be interrupted for a publicity stunt?"

Never said she did anything but there are other producers and publicists who do that kind of thing. Why would they do it? Because it gets people talking about the show and grabs a few headlines aka free adver

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 01:13:26 PM

I think if it's a stunt they contacted the real group and offered them tickets "hoping" they'd do something like this and get the show attention.

Slave Play did this by having their ONLY ever talk back and inviting a woman who had constantly contacted them saying the show was reverse racist to the show that day basically expecting her to cause the scene she did. They didn't ask her to do anything so they can say "we didn't plan this!" but they fo

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 14 2024, 03:11:30 PM

Which melody is used for Mungojerry and Rumpleteaser? Webber seems to like switching them back and forth.

THE HILLS OF CALIFORNIA by Jez Butterworth to open at the Broadhurst this fall
 Jun 4 2024, 12:46:41 PM

I really enjoyed this in London and liked that Butterworth seemed to write a more straight-forward Tennessee Williams type of play rather than taking long sojourns into the etherial. There are moments where you realize "what happened" and the choices made that make Madame Rose look warm and cuddly that shook me and will stay with me.

That being said my audience was more than half empty and it didn't sell well in the West End so I'm surprised someone is paying for

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 03:51:37 PM

Nicole is for sure having "batting practice" somewhere. 

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?
 May 21 2024, 02:39:06 PM

I actually hate using the "daddy paid for this" accusation because it's not usually that easy or true but considering his last concert at MSG was on papering sites for over a week and it was still mostly empty (people have said the same for other stops on the tour) WHAT producer thought there would be demand for this many nights?? Even if it was a soft launch to test out the new spaces before a long run. 

Are there going to be major guests or just the fiance where th

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 9 2024, 11:55:01 PM

"The numberbegins soon after Helen returns with her smoking hole."

They definitely should make that line merch.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
 May 9 2024, 07:27:12 PM

He was on last night.

I went in mostly blind (I saw the...weird...movie years ago) and was able to follow the "plot" enough where I was never completely lost, just confused by plot points, what things meant, and frankly a lot of what the masks were (I initially thought they were going to be pinballs), and what the "follow me home" stuff was about.

The ensemble is indeed working overtime but the choreo is so frantic and unfocused. I was in the far hous

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?
 Apr 23 2024, 04:59:23 PM

There's a reason I walk up to the theatre ~5 minutes before curtain. Just enough time to get in with no rush, use the restroom and get to my seat. God bless everyone that is already in a long line at half hour since we need those people to already be in and sorted so I can just roll up at curtain but I've never understood wanting to be in your seat at 7:32pm to sit for half an hour and have to stand up every few minutes to let others sit.

How do shows assign dressing rooms?
 Apr 11 2024, 03:02:07 PM

Aaron mentioned in an interview he has Groban's dressing room because he repainted it. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24
 Apr 9 2024, 05:39:59 PM

Wick3 said: "I’m a Cabaret fan but will admit it does need stunt casting.
The 2014 revival closed after it couldn’t find any other celebs to cast as Sally Bowles after Michelle Williams and Emma Stone.
"

That revival didn't remodel a theater. The initial investment of this production is MUCH greater. Clearly they've plotted selling Eddie at 100% asking price for tickets to make up a chunk of it and then x number of years at y percentage a

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/17/24
 Mar 19 2024, 05:10:04 PM

QueenAlice said: "They will need to stunt cast with names that can sell a large number of$400+ tickets, as that is what the recoupment schedule demands to break even."

I guarantee those producers have had their fingers busy dialing ANY possible replacements for months now. I don't think they'll need huge huge names but a B list pop star here, a fresh from a buzzy tv show actress there, a broadway name here, etc they can inch their way there.

Do we

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You