pixeltracker

How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?- Page 7

How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#150How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/3/15 at 10:25am

sueb1863,

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that's indeed special. The rich baritone combines with the glorious tenor .

#151How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 3:07pm

More of Barbour as Phantom is beginning to surface on tumblr, a couple more photos and few more seconds of video. Audio is beginning to show up on youtube now too. I think this MOTN is his best yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S2uRJxr8gE

He's such a quick study.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#152How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 8:06pm

Thanks for the links, LT! Very cool! He is very talented.

I hope things are starting to calm down a bit. I can see both sides of the issue and don't blame those who feel uneasy about it. It's the over-the-top folks who insist on hounding the management and spamming them with petitions that I don't get. It should be clear by now that those in charge aren't going to fire Barbour unless something happens with him again. The show's doing great with him in the role, and so far it seems he's behaving himself.

Updated On: 4/12/15 at 08:06 PM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#153How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/16/15 at 2:54pm

So...still no pictures.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#154How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/17/15 at 3:08am

I listened to the clip of his current performance of MOTN.  Wow!  What a voice! Let's hear a cheer for the baritones -- he and Norm Lewis have both knocked this difficult song out of the park.

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

jkl011
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#156How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/30/15 at 5:17pm

looks great!

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#157How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/30/15 at 5:54pm

"Looks like they finally released pictures!"

It's about time!

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#158How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/30/15 at 7:52pm

That's cool! Hopefully things are settling down now...

For those who might be interested, I came across a video on YouTube of "If Dreams Came True" from the "A Tale of Two Cities" concert, 2008. Thought I'd post it here just for the heck of it! :) :

#159How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 4/30/15 at 11:21pm

Sueb, what would we do without you?! This thread is awesome. So many links to chose from.

I think the pictures look terrific also. You guys might have already seen this video footage of his Music of the Night, but I'm curious to know what you think of it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3DWf2cx5s

I think he is positively stately!

There is some more good news, if you don't have all the tracks from Bring Me Giants now is the time to get em. Barbour announced on his website that its all back in stock on itunes. The album is great, so you want to hear all of it. 

Also the full Jane Eyre show starring Barbour and Marla Schaffel is back on youtube, a chunk of it had been deleted-- but it was reuploaded by a fallen woman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWyVgJZuQs

Hope something in this memo will be of use to somebody. :)

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#160How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 5:55pm

"That's cool! Hopefully things are settling down now..."

People on Tumblr are photoshopping trashcans over the pictures and making a huge fuss on the Facebook page again. Someone also apparently sent Barbour a bag of candy dicks with a message stating, "Eat dicks!" on the bag, and another person sent him a glitter bomb. If these people aren't careful, Phantom management could be forced to shut down fanmail in general.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#161How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 7:03pm

""That's cool! Hopefully things are settling down now..."

People on Tumblr are photoshopping trashcans over the pictures and making a huge fuss on the Facebook page again. Someone also apparently sent Barbour a bag of candy dicks with a message stating, "Eat dicks!" on the bag, and another person sent him a glitter bomb. If these people aren't careful, Phantom management could be forced to shut down fanmail in general. "

They should be charged with harassment and fined.  Dumb asses on Tumblr never cease to amaze me.  

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#161How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 5/1/15 at 7:03pm

""That's cool! Hopefully things are settling down now..."

People on Tumblr are photoshopping trashcans over the pictures and making a huge fuss on the Facebook page again. Someone also apparently sent Barbour a bag of candy dicks with a message stating, "Eat dicks!" on the bag, and another person sent him a glitter bomb. If these people aren't careful, Phantom management could be forced to shut down fanmail in general. "

They should be charged with harassment and fined.  Dumb asses on Tumblr never cease to amaze me.  

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#163How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
Posted: 5/2/15 at 6:23am

That sucks, but I'm sure he's gotten worse stuff than that, death threats and such. It's probably been going on since the news of the situation broke. I don't know how other actors have dealt with such things but I don't think they'd bother prosecuting unless someone was actually injured.