Fish In The Dark RUSH

bfreak
#25Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/24/15 at 7:22pm

Yes, they have been releasing tickets for weekdays every week but about 90% have been $250 or higher. This Wednesday matinee was the first time in a month that I saw regular $159 tickets released. I've been looking like a hawk for tickets but wasn't able to go tommorow afternoon. Oh well, hopefully next week when I'm home for spring break! ):

inkybrown
#26Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/24/15 at 8:49pm

Thanks so much, when you say weekday shows do you mean matinees only or weeknights too? They don't have matinees on the days I will be in NYC (which is this week BTW). And where are these tickets released? At the box office?

EDIT: Oh I saw on Telecharge the tickets! Yes they have them for evenings but they are $450 LOL! Updated On: 3/24/15 at 08:49 PM

levinb
#27Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/24/15 at 9:15pm

Yes, both telecharge and box off will have them. The box off is actually better and cheaper though--especially if you want to get same day tickets. The best and cheapest tickets if you don't want to spend too much money is to order them on the weekend for the beginning of the next week. Unfortunately that option is no longer available for you. Friday through Saturday is going to be very expensive. The evening performances during the week are also going to be expensive--not as bad though. I would recommend checking in with the box office the day of the performance. If you are willing to dish out, I believe you can get a good seat for about 300 on telecharge for weeknight performances, though. 450-500 is more for weekend performances.

bfreak
#28Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/24/15 at 9:32pm

I'm willing to pay either $159 or $185 which they had this week for front mezzanine and mid orchestra for this upcoming Wednesday matinee I've been scrounging for these tickets for months so I really want them. If you see them before me and you're not going to go could you tell me on this thread they've been released? Thanks so much!

inkybrown
#29Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/24/15 at 11:39pm

I got some information, I did find 2 people on Instagram who saw it last week via SRO tickets so I asked them what time they got there. They said 9am and that there were already 4 people in line, and that most people got there around 9:30. I believe that was for last Friday night's show.

bfreak
#30Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/25/15 at 6:39am

Cool! I don't want to do standing room unless it really is coming down to the wire, but I'll certainly keep it into consideration!

inkybrown
#31Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:38pm

Made it on Thursday night. I was first in line at 7am (not taking any chances), though others soon followed around 7:30, 7:45, 8:00, etc. The last person who got SRO got in line around 8:30 am and most people were only getting 1 ticket for themselves. There were 12 spots, so if people all got 2 tickets, then only 6 people in line would get tickets.

The show was great, though standing for 2 hours was a bit tiring. I did stagedoor, and Larry did stop and sign and take photos, but I was on the "wrong side". He did the other side first, talking, photos, autographs with everyone. Then when he got to my side it was really raining and he just scribbled autographs and left, no photos, no talking. My program got all wet, though it was signed. So I went back Friday just for stagedoor. He remembered me (coming from Texas for the show), but my finger missed the button on the camera phone and I didn't get a photo. I persuaded him for one more try, then he told everyone "We're not married!" but agreed, then I gave my phone to a woman to take the picture but I guess the same thing happened to her because she messed up the photo too. Fish In The Dark RUSH No photo with LD. But at least I got a personal joke from him!

bfreak
#32Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:56pm

What side were you on? I may be going on Wednesday!

inkybrown
#33Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/29/15 at 8:24pm

He does both sides completely, he just rushed the second side that one night because it started raining. But he usually does the Times Sq side first.

bfreak
#34Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 3/29/15 at 8:28pm

Thank you!

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#35Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/21/15 at 10:03pm

Has anyone tried SRO recently?  What was the line like?  Thinking of trying soon.

LightsOut90
#36Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:21pm

has larry been coming out after the matinees?

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#37Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:51pm

On my way from Grand Central to the Walter Kerr at 11:00am on Sunday, I passed by the Cort and saw that the maximum of 12 people were already lined up for standing room Fish in the Dark.  It looks like arriving an hour before tickets are sold is not early enough, at least on the weekend.

bfreak
#38Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/22/15 at 6:23am

"has larry been coming out after the matinees?"

Yes. According to Twitter and all that, Larry still comes out and signs after matinees.

BroadwayLuv2
#39Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/22/15 at 8:35am

Can you get 2 tickets for standing room or is it one per person?

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#40Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/22/15 at 8:48am

1 ticket per person, and they only have either 10 or 12 standing room spots available. 

BroadwayLuv2
#41Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/22/15 at 11:01am

Went today and they allowed 2 tickets per person

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#42Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/22/15 at 11:38am

Oh wow, good to know BroadwayLuv2.  What time did you get there and how many people were line? Did you get tickets?

BroadwayLuv2
#43Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 4/22/15 at 11:46am

I got there around 830.  There were already 5 people in line.  2 people got there around 530am (crazy), and another came in from Maryland on a bus and got there at 6am.  Most people got there around 9ish.  So I would reccomend getting there by 830 and you should be more than fine.  Especially on a 2 show day like today.  

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#44Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 6/22/15 at 11:35am

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has rushed Fish in the Dark with Jason Alexander, now that they're selling rush seats and not only standing room only. The show has not been selling to capacity, so I would love to know where the rush seats are, how early you got in line at the box office, and how crowded it was.  Thanks in advance!

bfreak
#45Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 6/22/15 at 11:50am

I saw someone on Instagram said they had balcony seats. That's only one person though.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#46Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 6/22/15 at 11:59am

Thanks, break! I sat in the balcony for Larry's last performance on June 7 and it was a perfectly fine view for the price. I would be very content to sit there through rush.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#47Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 6/23/15 at 2:48am

Am I correct in assuming that the show is played primarily downstage center? I'm hoping to book a seat in the mezz for a full-on view. Any insight appreciated! :)

bfreak
#48Fish In The Dark RUSH
Posted: 6/23/15 at 6:48am

Yes, LimelightMike. The show is played downstage. And don't worry. Your friend will be fine either way in the orchestra or mezzanine. I have sat in many different places in the Cort and can confirm it is great in those two sections! Enjoy, :)