pixeltracker

These Tony Nominated Musicals Are Lame; Bring Back Honeymoon in Vegas- Page 2

These Tony Nominated Musicals Are Lame; Bring Back Honeymoon in Vegas

FindingNamo
#25These Tony Nominated Musicals Are Lame; Bring Back Honeymoon in Vegas
Posted: 5/25/15 at 9:11pm

You only think there is crap being thrown at you because you are not actually reading what is posted.  You are LITERALLY seeing what you want to see.  And you'll do it again now.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#26These Tony Nominated Musicals Are Lame; Bring Back Honeymoon in Vegas
Posted: 5/25/15 at 9:40pm

There goes the neighborhood. Will revisit this thread tomorrow.

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#27These Tony Nominated Musicals Are Lame; Bring Back Honeymoon in Vegas
Posted: 5/25/15 at 9:51pm

See? You're more predictable than you say I am.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#28These Tony Nominated Musicals Are Lame; Bring Back Honeymoon in Vegas
Posted: 5/27/15 at 11:44pm

I have to agree with the original poster. I have seen every musical nominated and Honeymoon in Vegas.

Honeymoon in Vegas was indeed the best musical this season.

To ignore Rob Mclure, Tony Danza, Nancy Opel, Jason Robert Brown for that bouncy wonderful score and Andrew Bergman for that really tight and funny book, I  think the Tony committee must hate the lead producer(s) as much as they hate Harvey Weinstein. Finding Neverland was also a good musical that was ignored.

An American in Paris?? more artsy than good. You have to admire its artistry but as a whole... kinda dull.

Something Rotten?   A Saturday Night Live skit that was fun for ten minutes but tiresome thereafter. Casey Nicolaw is a genius but this isn't his best work.

Fun Home   Really dull with some awful music but hey, its about a lesbian so we have to like it.

The Visit?   A stylized mess. Check out the Anthony Quinn Ingrid Bergman film and see the missed opportunity.

The Tony's are political. If they don't like a producer; they won't nominate that show.