pixeltracker

OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread- Page 2

OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread

snarkmachine
#25OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread
Posted: 7/28/15 at 5:51pm

Totally disagree re WSS. It is a classic and no way can you improve on a classic

Well, a reboot would probably cast actual Puerto Ricans instead of white people with tans for one.

Updated On: 7/28/15 at 05:51 PM

Showface
#26OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread
Posted: 7/28/15 at 6:35pm

^I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Natalie Wood was the only case, in which that happened. Even then, she was still great.

West Side Story is untouchable...that film never gets old!

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#27OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread
Posted: 7/28/15 at 8:40pm

Agree that they need to skip remaking movies that were fine in the first place. Remake movie musicals that need a decent film version, like Camelot.

And Annie's been done to death already. Haven't there been like four different versions made?

A Chorus Line is too married to the stage to make a good movie.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#28OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread
Posted: 7/28/15 at 9:04pm

The film is perfect - much better than the stage show. Interesting that Cameron Mackintosh wants to remake it when his revival stole so much from the movie.

Updated On: 7/28/15 at 09:04 PM

Ranger Tom
#29OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread
Posted: 7/28/15 at 9:40pm

No WSS remake, please.  I'd like to see an A Chorus Line remake - the initial was so horrible.  As for Oliver, give it a go.  I adore the show.  First show I saw on Broadway.  That's why I'm more inclined to love Clive Revill over Ron Moody.  I'd toss around the idea of Gary Beach as Fagin, Idina Menzel as Nancy, and Sydney Lucas as Oliver.  

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#30OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread
Posted: 7/29/15 at 8:17am

I know the word has been hip for so long that it's already tired (it was tired the second time some idiot used it), but it should be pointed out that "reboot" does not in any way at all mean the same thing as "remake."