News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ranger Tom

Member Name: Ranger Tom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Should Actors Be Smoking At The Stagedoor ?  Feb 24 2017, 01:52:38 AM

10086sunset said: "This thread is like a Lifetime movie.

It's horrible but you keep watching just to see how worse it can get.
"

More like watching the political process these days - both Dems and Reps.  It's hilarious and unbelievable.

Rants! (And Other Ways to Un-Twist the Tongue)  Feb 21 2017, 04:29:20 PM

"The Story of Jerry and the Dog" monologue from Albee's The Zoo Story has a solid rant near the end. 

Broadway Actors who went to your school.  Feb 15 2017, 07:40:15 PM

Tom Hanks - was in the Sacramento State theater department together before he moved on to bigger things.  Took Dr Larson's playwriting class and worked tech for the revolving stage in our "Oliver."

Freda Foh Shen and Nick Rashad Burroughs both went to Santa Rosa Junior College's Summer Rep Theater. From what I remember, Freda left directly from SRT to join the OBC of Pacific Overtures.

Mary Tyler Moore has died  Jan 25 2017, 04:51:41 PM

Rest in peace, beautiful human.

Roles That Require Playing More Than One Designated Character  Jan 9 2017, 08:11:17 PM

Does it count that leads in Kiss Me Kate double into their Taming of the Shrew characters.  Lilli into Kate, Fred into Petruchio (Fred Graham), etc.?

DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 7 2017, 10:23:25 PM

ACL2006 said: "As much as I love Mara Davi, I think she's probably too young for the role."

Maybe - depending on who they cast for Joe Hardy.  

DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 7 2017, 01:30:12 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "I'd love to see Garrett Clayton as Lola.  Her "Whatever Lola Wants" would be fabulous.  Hopefully they retain Bob Fosse's original choreography for this. "

Only if Rosie O'Donnell plays Applegate.

Back to Lola - Mara Davi, any day.  Of course, she could do Gloria too.  But it's time for her to shine.

CAROUSEL: Live From Lincoln Center DVD Available in Febuary  Dec 27 2016, 12:39:09 AM

Amen!!

Falsettos Will Air on PBS' Live from Lincoln Center  Dec 24 2016, 07:50:08 PM

A Director said: "Ranger Tom - You stated, "I think it would open the nation up to a heightened appreciation of what Broadway is all about.  These Fox/NBC trinkets don't make it happen."

You live in a narrow little world.  There are people in the nation, beyond your little bubble, you come to New York City and see Broadway shows. There are people in the nation, beyond your little bubble, who see Broadway shows on tour. There are people in

Falsettos Will Air on PBS' Live from Lincoln Center  Dec 23 2016, 04:18:39 PM

Very excited to hear this.  Of course, they could announce an airing of almost any Broadway show and I'd be happy.  I think it would open the nation up to a heightened appreciation of what Broadway is all about.  These Fox/NBC trinkets don't make it happen.

Kay Cole's Debut Album - Souvenir  Dec 22 2016, 01:35:38 AM

Exciting.  Not fortunate enough to know Ms. Cole like some of you but the "Ballet" Crescendo has always been my favorite single moment in musical theater.  

re: Interesting Musicals That Never Made It To Broadway  Dec 20 2016, 07:51:42 PM

Toxic Avenger

Somewhere in Time

bare (please produce before EVER doing Spring Awakening again)

re: Stephen Schwartz: Love Him or Hate Him?  Dec 9 2016, 03:26:25 PM

Like some, love a few, don't hate any.  There's nothing he's written that is "the worst ever."  There's nothing he's written that is the best ever.  While I don't mean to say that he is musical theater "light," I think his shows are mostly just plain fun and you don't have think a lot before/during/after.  Fun is good.

The BWW Redesign of December 2016  Dec 9 2016, 03:14:58 PM

Thanks.  I really like it.

The 50 best Broadway songs ever?  Dec 8 2016, 12:14:16 AM

Interesting.  Not bad.  But "Totally F***ked" above "Another Hundred People," "At the Ballet," and "The Impossible Dream" is not only wrong but satanic.

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread  Dec 8 2016, 12:08:59 AM

I always get excited at the thought of these but once the commercials start coming every five to seven minutes, totally killing the energy and timing, I get depressed.  Derek, Dove, and Andrea are giving 100% all the time.  The best thing so far was the Wicked commercial.  We don't get to see that out in the sticks.  West Coast viewer so still looking forward to JH and YCSTB.  

Favorite Broadway Overtures!  Dec 5 2016, 03:40:19 PM

My Fair Lady 

Has a Broadway musical ever been the subject of a national controversy before?  Nov 23 2016, 12:24:41 PM

QueenAlice said: "One of the original cast members of Hair wrote a book (I forget her name but it was the lady who played Abe Lincoln) and she has a really detailed synopsis of the original production of the show in New York and mentions the cast milling around the back of the theatre and climbing on the chairs and then (in very stylized slow motion) coming towards the stage right before the song "Aquarius" --"

I was able to see the London cast in the summe

Has a Broadway musical ever been the subject of a national controversy before?  Nov 22 2016, 09:12:44 PM

The nudity (in most productions, it was about 20-30 seconds worth) was the most sensationalized part of the Hair controversy.  But, more than that, the themes of draft dodging, drug use, songs with titles like "Colored Spade" and "Sodomy," and it's religious references - or basically the whole tone of the musical - sparked a lot of controversy and discussion.  For the time, it was the anti-musical. Godspell caused national controversy in and out of churc

Carolee Carmello & Norm Lewis Join Off-Broadway SWEENEY TODD April 11th  Nov 15 2016, 02:36:35 PM

Brilliant!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You