pixeltracker

Now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in your goddamn face, and you'll stay plastered!- Page 2

Now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in your goddamn face, and you'll stay plastered!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#25Now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in your goddamn face, and you'll stay plastered!
Posted: 8/3/15 at 11:01am

Woe would have betided you if you had to explain to him that it was his fault.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#26Now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in your goddamn face, and you'll stay plastered!
Posted: 8/3/15 at 11:10am

My encounter with him began with this paragraph:

"As shadows lengthen now across the greensward, in the immortal Pelham Grenville W.'s eldritch phrase, one's thoughts turn to crepuscular things. Bats flit; bees buzz in bonnets; the millennium, yet again (you can set your clock by it), is at hand, and as the twenty-first century gets ready to welcome us with all manner of good things, let us hope that noisy Armageddon does not intersect too soon our 'pale parabola of joy.'"

It was the first paragraph in an essay about Henry James (or was it William James?), and I was assigned to copy-edit a book of his essays, all of which had been previously published in different literary journals, each to that particular journal's house style. I was to standardize them, but not overly so, and to bounce anything major off Mr. Vidal in Ravello. And to do so, I said in the previous post, before noon.

After contemplating the necessity of the semicolons, I decided the better part of valor would be to leave the paragraph as is.

Updated On: 8/3/15 at 11:10 AM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#27Now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in your goddamn face, and you'll stay plastered!
Posted: 8/3/15 at 6:17pm

I was 6 when this was going on, fascinating history, thanks all you participants.

Stephanatic

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#28Now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in your goddamn face, and you'll stay plastered!
Posted: 8/3/15 at 7:23pm

I couldn't go see BEST ENEMIES tonight like I had planned. I'm hoping to see it this weekend.