pixeltracker

WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016- Page 10

WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#225WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 1/14/16 at 7:21am

What a shame Jeanna isn't continuing with the show. She was wonderful at the A.R.T. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#226WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 1/14/16 at 7:37am

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Yeah it was definitely discussed on these boards too. Hopefully it's prevalent enough that the creatives at least look at it. In any other context Ogie could be judged as creepy but passable, but when he's a character in the same story as an abuser it doesn't sit well. 

"

They pride themselves in a full women creative team (something that is awesome), and yet a male character who really has no significance gets not one, but two songs that aren't even that good and have no bearing on the plot. If they like the songs that much (I have no idea why, they're easily the worst of the bunch), the should at least have the woman sing them. Let this be the women-led story it deserves to be! 

mailhandler777
#227WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 1/14/16 at 2:34pm

dramamama611 said: "She wasn't dropped from Neverland...she walked away. Don't know about Waitress."

Actually she was dropped. Replaced by Teal Wicks. Didn't walk away.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#228WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 1/14/16 at 2:48pm

HenryTDobson said: "They pride themselves in a full women creative team (something that is awesome), and yet a male character who really has no significance gets not one, but two songs that aren't even that good and have no bearing on the plot. If they like the songs that much (I have no idea why, they're easily the worst of the bunch), the should at least have the woman sing them. Let this be the women-led story it deserves to be! "

Yes. I agree. I hoped they would be reducing the role a little but seeing that they have replaced Jeremy Morse with a bigger name in Christopher Fitzgerald (who was part of the first reading) it seems less likely. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#229WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016
Posted: 1/14/16 at 3:02pm

Jeremy Morse was great at the A.R.T.