News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HenryTDobson

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
Member Name: HenryTDobson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 05:11:20 PM

Six is also starting to struggle. Do we think it'll close soon and move off-Broadway? Moulin Rouge is still selling super well - do they currently have a famous person in the cast? I didn't think so...

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'  May 2 2024, 01:14:44 PM

I'm so impressed with how well this has sold. I expected huge dips after Josh left but they've been fairly stable with Sutton/Aaron. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 30 2024, 09:27:56 PM

If predictions hold, I can see this being a year when best musical goes to a show that wins nothing else. The Outsiders or Hell's Kitchen look like frontrunners and with book/score going to Suffs, acting/direction awards going to revivals/Kelli, choreo going to Illinoise...what else can they win? Orchestrations? Lighting?

Or they will (correctly) award Illinoise as best musical and all will be grand. 

Do Elphabas or Glindas get nominated for more Tonys?  Apr 30 2024, 05:38:38 PM

I love this! Thank you for sharing.

We need to get Robin De Jesus back to Broadway and finally win his Tony. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  Apr 30 2024, 01:54:55 PM

Jordan Catalano said: ""The Wiz" doing well should surprise nobody. I've always known reviews for this wouldn't matter, much like "Back to the Future". It's a family show that's also a cultural staple that people want to experience and going into the summer, it's just going to continue to rake in the tourist dollars."

Agreed and this makes me even more sad that we didn't get a better quality production. The show and fans de

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 12:03:19 PM

So many to be excited about! I know that Daniel Radcliffe was a guarantee nom, but I'm so happy for Mr. Radcliffe after being ignored so many times by the nominating team. His work in Merrily (and other shows!) is exemplary and I'm so glad he has finally been recognized. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 29 2024, 05:30:13 PM

One of the most crazy seasons! I tried some predictions below. I purposefully went rogue on a lot of them because I expect (and hope for) full chaos tomorrow morning. (*** = winner)

Best Musical
Hell's Kitchen
Illinoise***
The Outsiders
Suffs
Here Lies Love

Best Play
Jaja's African Hair Braiding
Mary Jane
Patriots
Prayer for the French Republic
Stereophonic***

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 25 2024, 11:32:00 PM

These reviews are actually not as terrible as I was expecting. So yay for low expectations? 

2024 Drama League Award nominations announced  Apr 22 2024, 11:24:04 AM

Jessica Lange seems likely to win. I would personally love to see Leslie Odom Jr. take it. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 22 2024, 10:45:12 AM

I think Cabaret will still do well with nominations - revival, actor, actress, featured actor, featured actress, set, maybe director? These still seem plausible to me. Other than Bebe, I don't think they will win any. 

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 11 2024, 11:24:12 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "It feels like everyone keeps on hoping that every new show is THE show. The big undeniable great musical that can take home the Tony. But all of the spring shows so far feel like solid B's, with folks saying "it was good" instead of "I LOVED that, you must go see it!"

Are we truly headed towards a jukebox musical win for the first time since Jersey Boys? (Not counting Moulin Rouge since they were forced to vote for a jukebox

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Mar 28 2024, 03:16:49 PM

My point was that if a lot of people were getting tickets, I expected there to be less seat options. But sure, be your condescending self. 

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Mar 28 2024, 03:10:24 PM

Got my tickets after waiting an hour LOL there seemed to be ton of seat options when I was on the site, no idea why they had such a backup. 

Smash -- Series Discussion  Mar 22 2024, 01:07:56 PM

Whether she's in it for the Tony or not, who cares?? She's using her name to support theater. And she's a WOC which makes it even better. Jennifer Hudson could produce as many shows as she wants. 

Next Sondheim?  Mar 22 2024, 01:04:35 PM

How was the Encores production of Anyone Can Whistle? I've seen clips and Donna Murphy is a dream. I feel like Sutton and Raul could go either way.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Mar 22 2024, 09:26:44 AM

Any rumors about the supporting cast?

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Mar 22 2024, 09:06:05 AM

I'm glad they survived the reviews much better than expected. I still expect a similar run to last year's production of New York, New York

Next Sondheim?  Mar 22 2024, 08:58:34 AM

This may be an obvious observation but it's truly amazing how much *quality* work Sondheim put out there in a short amount of time. Yes, there's "high" level Sondheim shows (Sweeney, Into The Woods, ALNM) but even his "lower" level work is better than most people's best work. It's so impressive that every show mentioned here warrants a revival at any and all times. 

Next Sondheim?  Mar 21 2024, 11:31:02 PM

ljay889 said: "Noneof those ladiesneed to wait 15 years :-)

Sally and Phyllis are 49.
"

Oh interesting! I always think of those roles as much older but you're definitely right - my lineup of ladies are of the correct age (regardless that they look much younger)

Next Sondheim?  Mar 21 2024, 11:17:53 PM

Let's wait 15 years to get an Audra and Kelli Follies (or Benanti or Mueller or Headley or.....)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You