Profile for HenryTDobson

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
Member Name: HenryTDobson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 9 2024, 11:57:05 PM

MemorableUserName said: "HenryTDobson said: "Besides Jordan, was anyone else actually there tonight or are we all writing off their performances based on two bootleg audio clips?"

There are a lot of reactions at the Reddit thread at the top of this page. They're all over the place. "Aaron is great!" "Aaron is terrible!" "This is Sutton's show!" "Sutton was...not good!" It's a real roller coaster ride.
"

Thank you for sharing! I had a feeling we would get lots of different opinions on these two. I'll be interested to read more thoughts.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 9 2024, 11:37:25 PM

Besides Jordan, was anyone else actually there tonight or are we all writing off their performances based on two bootleg audio clips?

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 02:39:09 PM

I know it shouldn't be surprising given her age, but I'm completely in shock. Devastating.

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Reviews  Jan 29 2024, 10:26:27 AM

LuckyDipster said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "Hillary Clinton was the producer yesterday, and I thought "how they gonna top that for the final show"--Audra comes close. Congrats to these two. It sold well, and was just so much stupid fun."

I was there last night and when Audra stood up, I had no idea who she was. I vaguely know the name, but I know nothing about her. So it was a disappointing producer for me, but everyone else was going nuts so *

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Jan 24 2024, 07:41:50 PM

I'm really disappointed by the costumes. The sketches they've been showing have looked gorgeous and these are........not. Also what in the world is on Sutton's head? I feel like she's always cursed with a terrible wig. I'm excited to hear reports from tonight.

Live stream of Fun Home Concert  Jan 4 2024, 05:09:47 PM

This is super cool, thanks for sharing. I can't believe it's already been ten years.......... 

Audra McDonald in GYPSY Next Season?  Jan 4 2024, 05:02:14 PM

Kad said: "Shut up and take my money, of course.

Deeply curious who would direct- I hope it's not Kenny Leon.

Would love to see Denee Benton as Louise. And Michael Potts as Herbie, perhaps?
"

Perfect casting across the board (though wouldn't mind a Norm-Audra reunion). Joshua Henry for Tulsa?

New Hadestown Casting  Dec 13 2023, 08:48:34 AM

Thank you for the review, glad to hear the cast is doing good work. How was Betty Who?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/10/23  Dec 12 2023, 06:26:32 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "JasonC3 said: "Sometimes I completely forget a show is still running (i.e., MJ) until I look through the grosses. It is interesting how some shows stay in the conversation (here or elsewhere) and others don't."

Buzz is a relative thing and can depend on our social circles and media consumption, but yes I agree MJ is just quietly printing money. Chatter about HAMILTON has also quieted down, from my vantage point.
&qu

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Dec 12 2023, 11:29:54 AM

This'll never happen but I would love to see a Ben Platt-Michaela Diamond reunion, even if just for a short stint. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Dec 5 2023, 11:29:15 AM

There's so many good options for the Queen, such a great role. I feel like it's going to end up being a drag queen. Jinx Monsoon, perhaps. 

Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended  Dec 4 2023, 11:05:21 PM

Bless Betsy Wolfe

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Dec 4 2023, 01:56:53 PM

Kad said: "I agree the role could be combined with the Jester- frankly, I find the whole book of the show to be very weak and extremely padded out, particularly the second act- but I also think major revisions have not been executed well in Encores productions. It’s just not a great platform for it given the massive time constraints."

Agreed, the books is very inconsistent. I'm curious to see the revisions they make, especially since they keep plugging it a

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Dec 4 2023, 01:42:04 PM

Kad said: "Why would they remove the Minstrel? They’re a rather key role and they’re of course also part of the song “The Minstrel, the Jester, and I.”"

Fair enough, I just thought it was strange to be left off. It could easily be combined with the Jester character and I personally wouldn't miss that song (one of my least favorites in the show) but maybe they're waiting to announce.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Dec 4 2023, 12:57:55 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Great casting additions!

Sutton Foster(Princess Winnifred) andMichael Urie(Prince Dauntless) will be joined by the following:

Cheyenne Jackson(Sir Harry)
Nikki Renee Daniels (Lady Larken)
DavidPatrick Kelly(King Sextimus the Silent)
J. Harrison Ghee(Jester)
Francis Jue(Wizard)

The ensemble includesKaleigh Cron

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/26/23  Nov 28 2023, 01:27:58 PM

Bad numbers for Ohio but they only had six performances last week? Strange. 

New Hadestown Casting  Nov 22 2023, 10:30:25 AM

He sounds great!

Beauty and the Beast Revival Coming To Broadway  Nov 21 2023, 12:00:19 PM

Exciting news but I'm concerned they're going to cheap out on us and give us a "tour ready" production. Fingers crossed that that is not the case! 

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Nov 16 2023, 03:20:10 PM

QueenAlice said: "I am specifically meaning partners in the autism network who could help underwrite the additional costs this production has developed to create an autistic friendly environment for audiences and cast. These are the kinds of things that are above and beyond a typical regional budget."

What are the additional costs for this production?

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Nov 16 2023, 01:33:02 PM

QueenAlice said: "If theatres can align with community partners in the autism network regionally, I could see it being viable. But the show itself needs to warrant it. I'm all for inclusion and opportunity but I'm also all for giving underserved groups good material to work with."

Material is material. How many other shows can you list include ASD performers? Yes, of course, we want the material to be "good," (subjective on what good means) but it&#

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You