News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HenryTDobson

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
Member Name: HenryTDobson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 26 2024, 10:37:35 AM

I still can't believe this is really happening, it feels so random.

Jonathan Groff Sets 2025 Broadway Return with JUST IN TIME?
 Jul 12 2024, 07:22:09 PM
Broadway Flash said: "No out of town tryout? Thats a mistake"

When do you go back to school?

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024 ART
 Jul 11 2024, 11:28:51 AM
"I never even considered this but that's an excellent thought to have this in London while the current Gatsby production is on Broadway, then maybe have it come over whenever that one closes. Great thought"

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but is The Great Gatsby as significant in London as it is in the US? I know it's an important part of American literature, I didn't know if it was as revered across the pond. Regardless, I agree it's a good idea to bring this over there while the

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/30/24
 Jul 2 2024, 10:48:59 PM
ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "HenryTDobson said: "I know it's obvious but give us a La Cage revival starring Jinx and throw in some of the other famous queens and it seems like you would have a hit."

I'm not an authority on who is "allowed" to play what, but just pointing out that Jinkx is a woman and uses she/her pronouns, as opposed to Albin whois a male character whose profession is drag.
"

Fair enough! She can play Jacqueline then

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/30/24
 Jul 2 2024, 05:44:40 PM
I say this as a huge Jinx Monsoon and Drag Race fan but I'm still shocked by their impact on ticket sales for Chicago. Crazy impressive! What's more shocking to me is that we haven't seen more Ru Girls on Broadway yet, especially with these type of numbers. I know it's obvious but give us a La Cage revival starring Jinx and throw in some of the other famous queens and it seems like you would have a hit.
Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 04:58:00 PM

Yes, you're so right. The show is "cooked." Moving on....

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 01:47:04 PM

Please delete this thread on the account of stupidity. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:24:46 PM

Super sad for Kelli. Poor woman has had to sit through this crap EIGHT times and lost 7 of those times....

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:22:40 PM

Do nominees have a general idea of when their category is going to be presented? 

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jun 13 2024, 09:22:46 AM

I've heard less than great reports about this from several friends. I hope they put the work in to improve it. 

The Drama Desk Awards 2024
 Jun 10 2024, 11:25:03 PM

blaxx said: "I don't really remember these awards having multiple ties in different categories, especially three way ties, is that common?"

I think since the categories are not gender specific, they choose two winners from the nominees. In the case of three winners, I would assume there's a tie. Interesting to note that Brian is the only male-identifying actor to win a performance award. 

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 Jun 6 2024, 10:31:11 PM

Not a great video, not a great song. Genuinely asking - is Darren Criss still a draw for audiences at this point?

Jun 3 2024, 09:26:05 PM

My favorite seats at the Loeb are the “obstructed” aisle seats in the middle of the orchestra- they are technically obstructed because the row in front of you is at the same level, and the aisle could cause an issue with people walking in, but you cannot beat the leg room."

THIS! I always purchase these seats. They are hardly obstructed, much less money, and perfect for us tall folk. Highly recommend them. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 May 31 2024, 10:56:18 AM

Any reports of the new cast?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 03:59:04 PM

Is there a mention someplace (sorry, I'm lazy) if this is an open run?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 03:48:07 PM

LOVE the trailer!!!! (hate that we're calling it the best musical of all time, but fine). Nicole is somewhere weeping. 

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 May 29 2024, 12:37:07 PM

I know it'll be long closed by the time of the Tonys but I do hope Urie and Foster are remembered. It's looking to already be a crazy actress category. 

May 29 2024, 12:38:02 AM

This didn't do it for me. Lots of thoughts here but overall I think it still needs a lot of work. The score is currently its best feature. While it's hard to get all the lyrics in one sitting, I thought overall the score was successful. I'm excited for the inevitable cast album.

The book is not great. Character development is all over the map. You would think after the first half hour this was The Great Myrtle because this character gets A LOT. Too much, honestly. Nick cont

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 24 2024, 03:13:13 PM

Fun Home

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24
 May 7 2024, 05:11:20 PM

Six is also starting to struggle. Do we think it'll close soon and move off-Broadway? Moulin Rouge is still selling super well - do they currently have a famous person in the cast? I didn't think so...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You