pixeltracker

Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)- Page 2

Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)

ChiTheaterFan
#25Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)
Posted: 9/10/15 at 1:28am

Hellob said: "Chitown - I agree. Jackson and Hercules/madison (can't spell real name) were who I focused on 2nd time. After first viewing, I felt like LMM screwed his good friend by giving him a boring part compared to Odom/Diggs but on second viewing I realized the fact that he can remain low key is more powerful than I thought. It shows what a good actor he is bc many would hate that and be tempted to ham it up for attention. He doesn't. Also, I think his entry song is in the top 3-5 of the show. 

"

Yeah I think Jackson is the perfect Washington and he wouldn't be right for any other roles. I can't spell Mulligan/Madison's name either but he goes by Oak on Twitter. I love the scene when he comes busting out from the back as the spy. He really has the most dramatic contrast between his two characters as well. 

ChiTheaterFan
#26Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)
Posted: 9/10/15 at 1:34am

Google to the rescue. It was Sam Rockwell and Leslie Bibb. I literally found it by googling Green Mile throwing poop. Now there is something I never thought I'd Google. I got to his Wikipedia page and saw who he's dating, and she was definitely who I was thinking of. 

romain2
#27Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)
Posted: 9/10/15 at 8:54am

ChiTheaterFan wrote:  Google to the rescue. It was Sam Rockwell and Leslie Bibb. I literally found it by googling Green Mile throwing poop. Now there is something I never thought I'd Google. I got to his Wikipedia page and saw who he's dating, and she was definitely who I was thinking of. 

First of all, fantastic work there (and oh, love the search terms)!  Ah, that makes sense that Rockwell would be there since he has a play opening soon (I was thinking of flying back to NYC to see it, Fool For Love--he and Nina are supposed to be great!).  I don't really know Bibb's work, but I love Sam--he's great in Moon, Box of Moonlight, Matchstick Men, and The Way Way Back.  Great actor.

I heard that Lupita Nyong'o was at a weekend performance but I'm thinking she wasn't at ours?

Yes, I cannot stop thinking about Hamilton.  What an achievement.  If I lived in NYC, I'd be catching it all the time.  : )

ChiTheaterFan
#28Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)
Posted: 9/10/15 at 9:49am

Yeah I'd like to see fool for love as well. I recognized his picture when I saw it but I definitely couldn't tell that was him in person. He was pretty far away from me. 

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#29Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)
Posted: 9/10/15 at 2:25pm

ChiTheaterFan said: "Yeah I'd like to see fool for love as well. I recognized his picture when I saw it but I definitely couldn't tell that was him in person. He was pretty far away from me. 

"

FFL was great at Williamstown.  Pretty short, though.  You could see it twice, back to back and still have time to get over for the last part of Hamilton.

Fabulouslife89
#30Question about Hamilton for those who have seen it (SPOILERS)
Posted: 8/15/21 at 4:37am

So how did you like the show? I myself an very sensitive about loud noises like gunshots and other pyrotechnics, I love the music in Lez Miz but OMG so unnecessary!!! I don't remember anything in past musicals about them giving earning other than that of the strobe lghts.