pixeltracker

I'm Seeing Kinky Boots For The First Time- Page 2

I'm Seeing Kinky Boots For The First Time

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#25I'm Seeing
Posted: 11/11/15 at 10:28pm

It's intermission. LOVE the show.   Sex Is In The Heel is fantastic.  J. Harrison Ghee is playing Lola with Adam Kaplan as Charlie.  He is very young looking and adorable.  Jim J Bullock plays George.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#26I'm Seeing
Posted: 11/11/15 at 11:10pm

Hamilton22 said: "The plot is just tired and predictable. And then they wrapped  up the finale  in a "cute" little hairspray You can't stop the beat rip off. Boring....

I have to disagree with you. I (obviously) loved the show when I saw it first with the OBC. I've seen it a few times since on Broadway and once on tour. Everything about it is so great. And the finale is the best part. It shouldn't have surprised you that it reminded you of You Can't Stop The Beat, as it is a Jerry Mitchell show. I actually think its far better than YCSTB (and I had a hardcore obsession with Hairspray for years). I wish more shows had finales like this one honestly.

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#27I'm Seeing
Posted: 11/11/15 at 11:32pm

Jim J Bullock? Wow blast from the past. First time I saw Kinky Boots I came away with such a feeling of joy - both real and theatrical. What a great first Act closer and then such a celebratory finale. There is nothing better than mingling with audiences at intermission and after a show who were all on a performance high. KB reminds me of the musicals of the 50s/60's with a modern twist. Nothing but smiles.  

Up In One
Updated On: 11/11/15 at 11:32 PM

KathyNYC2
#28I'm Seeing
Posted: 11/11/15 at 11:52pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "It's intermission. LOVE the show.   Sex Is In The Heel is fantastic.  J. Harrison Ghee is playing Lola with Adam Kaplan as Charlie.  He is very young looking and adorable.  Jim J Bullock plays George.  

Glad you are enjoying the show. As I said, I have seen it a number of times with different Lola's, Charlie's and Lauren's. I loved it each time..  and Happy Birthday.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#29I'm Seeing
Posted: 11/12/15 at 12:05am

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  I LOVED the show...except for the asshole who kept looking at his cellphone thinking I couldn't see him hiding it in his Playbill.  As the second act started, I finally had enough and told him in a loud voice to shut his phone off.  I didn't see it light the entire second act.  Anyway, I did manage to upload a picture somehow (and using my desktop to get it).  Here is me with my Kinky Boots.  By the way, I was wondering about something.  Are all of the "Angels" boys? Is there at least one "girl"?  (As was done at times with the Cagelles in La Cage Aux Folles.)

I'm Seeing

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 11/12/15 at 12:05 AM

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#30I'm Seeing
Posted: 11/12/15 at 12:17am

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And yes, all the Angels are men!