pixeltracker

ADDAMS FAMILY AUDITION SONG CHOICES?

ADDAMS FAMILY AUDITION SONG CHOICES?

GMooreAUS Profile Photo
GMooreAUS
#1ADDAMS FAMILY AUDITION SONG CHOICES?
Posted: 1/17/16 at 2:20am

Hi! I am auditioning for the role of Alice Beineke from "The Addams Family" in about a months time and I am really stuck for some audition songs that would be suitable for this role. I've been looking at songs from If/Then, BARE and even Heathers but I'm still really stuck. Any help would be muchly appreciated, thank-you in advance. :)  

freewilma
#2ADDAMS FAMILY AUDITION SONG CHOICES?
Posted: 1/17/16 at 10:24am

You might want to think about songs that Carolee Carmello (who originated the role on Broadway) has performed in OTHER productions.  Her song in Addams Family is also a pretty standard belty-type number and a little operatic at the start .  Something more contemporary rock (like Heathers) might not show how you would vocally handle a song like "Waiting".  Heidi Blickenstaff had the role after Carolee and you might look at some of her songs as well; possibly "Right Hand Man" from Something Rotten?  Additionally, consider looking at other musicals that Andrew Lippa has written.  You might find something that's in a similar style there.  Break a leg!  

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#3ADDAMS FAMILY AUDITION SONG CHOICES?
Posted: 1/17/16 at 11:47am

Begin your search with JOHN & JEN by Andrew Lippa and originally starring Carolee Carmello. There's at least a couple numbers in Act 2 that I think would suit beautifully.

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Videos