News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway Bob*

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadway Bob*
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024-2025 Touring Season  Mar 21 2024, 03:14:49 PM

Playhouse Square in Cleveland has posted some hints about their new season:

Playhouse Hints

Mondays in May  Feb 14 2024, 08:45:05 AM

Check out this site: http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/

You can search by date and it will list most of the on-stage events happening for that day. I have found it quite useful in the past for finding "odd" time performances! Good luck!

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Jan 29 2024, 10:18:53 AM

Another request for anything for THE WHO'S TOMMY?!? Thanks in advance!

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Jan 19 2024, 12:08:58 PM

I wonder if this means that Marty (Marcia) will be the one doing Monday nights starting June 17th!?!?! I am seeing the show Saturday the 15th and that might be worth staying in the city an extra day and seeing it again Monday night if Marty is the one doing it!

AIDA Revival!  Jan 18 2024, 01:31:26 PM

If her work on the incoming THE WIZ revival is any indication, I would have NO interest in seeing an AIDA directed by Williams. And I adored the original production (minus the aforementioned Father numbers).

Telecharge Website Update  Jan 9 2024, 05:35:36 PM

Anyone else having trouble with TeleCharge today (1/9)? I haven't been able to get on it all day. Anyone know what's going on?

Roundabout season includes PENZANCE, YELLOW FACE, and more  Jan 9 2024, 03:18:28 PM

inception said: "Also based upon leaks last week of Met's 24/25 season on reddit"

Oooh... do tell! ;P

re: Rarest/most valuable playbills  Dec 14 2023, 02:46:24 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Anyone Can Whistle has gotta be up there as most valuable, simply because of the short run, length of time since it opened, and the pedigree of the talent involved on & off stage. Esp if signed by anyone, because all the major people are dead now."

When I started my Sondheim collection, I knew this one would be one of my holy grails. I was amazed when one FINALLY showed up on eBay AND it was a "Premiere Performance" (aka O

re: Rarest/most valuable playbills  Dec 14 2023, 08:51:54 AM

annang said: "Broadway Bob* said: the 2021 COMPANY revival had 8 different covers

I can only think of 7: the purple one with Lenk on the cover, Opening Night, the 4 Sondheim covers from May 2022, and the 2022 Pridebill. What am I forgetting?
"

Technically you are correct. I was counting the post-pandemic re-opening performance, but that was just the basic cover a with a special sticker celebrating the return. Sorry for the confusion.

Tony Award-Winning PARADE Revival On Tour  Dec 13 2023, 03:25:36 PM

Would love to see Brandon Uranowitz do this tour! I love him and think he would be fantastic!!!

re: Rarest/most valuable playbills  Dec 11 2023, 04:32:05 PM

spicemonkey said: "I would also love to collect all the Sondheim OBC / OC playbills, if possible."

After Sondheim passed in 2021, I began to collect all major (and some minor) Playbills related to him - most NYC, but some London and a few other places. I have collected Playbills from productioons f his shos, benefit concerts, and others (like from his Memorial). It became an obsession of mine and I now have 20 3" binders full - over 300 Playbills!!! Like a c

Heartstopper star Joe Locke to join SWEENEY TODD  Dec 7 2023, 10:49:36 AM

As much as I LOVE Sutton and like Tveit, it is sad how much more excited I am by this announcement than theirs. LOL!!!

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Dec 5 2023, 12:19:21 PM

dramamama611 said: "GRRRR. Why is it an American Express pre-sale!? Very frustrating.
I know it's been asked, but does an American Express GIFT CARD work? (If anyone knows.)
"

It worked for me on the CABARET presale, though that was a different ticketing sight.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Nov 9 2023, 09:08:36 AM

Neuwirth has been made official along with Steven Skybell as Schultz!

Bebe Neuwirth, Steven Skybell Join Broadway Revival Cast of Cabaret - TheaterMania.com

Jonathan Groffs chances at a Tony  Nov 9 2023, 08:30:02 AM

Any more word on MERRILY extending? If it indeed closes in March do you think that could hurt Groff's chances?

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Nov 1 2023, 10:08:14 AM

I got an email that told me the code, but when I enter it, no seats appear - just a blank seating chart.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 30 2023, 04:15:45 PM

I know the Bebe rumors have been repeated before, but I'm still holding out hope for a Carolee Carmello Fraulein Schneider! And why no rumors about a Herr Schultz yet? Hmm....

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Oct 28 2023, 10:30:48 AM

FANtomFollies said: "This production looks absolutely terrible. I wish they would shut the whole thing down and do a total design revamp like the original Aida did before it came to Broadway."

I have to agree! The more I think about this production the more problems I come up with. The physical production is horrendous both in looks and in practicality. Evilene almost got stuck going up a staircase that was too narrow for her! The choreography is uninspired and goes

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 27 2023, 07:06:43 PM

mshalo18 said: "Broadway Bob* said: "Can anyone tell me (definitively) if a pre-paid AmEx will work for the pre-sale. I would hate to go and get one and then it be rejected. Thanks!"

I think your best bet is to use the customer service chat on SeatGeek to be sure. According to Google, they do accept them, but I wouldn't chance it.
"

Thank you for the advice. I chatted and was told they do accept them. So, I crossed my fingers and got

THE WHO’S TOMMY to open at the Nederlander in March 2024  Oct 26 2023, 03:30:27 PM

Unless THE WIZ does a LOT of work between now and Broadway, it doesn't represent a danger to any of the other show's chances of winning!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You