pixeltracker

American Psycho, Color Purple or She Loves Me? Or something else?- Page 2

American Psycho, Color Purple or She Loves Me? Or something else?

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#25American Psycho, Color Purple or She Loves Me? Or something else?
Posted: 5/2/16 at 12:13pm

They're all so different.

American Psycho is a great show to pump you up for a big night out. the Color purple is good if you want to feel all the feelings and have a good cry with your ladies. She Loves Me is good if you want to take a long nap. 

downhillskier
#26American Psycho, Color Purple or She Loves Me? Or something else?
Posted: 5/2/16 at 2:15pm

I want to thank everyone for all their insightful input.

I was thrilled that I choose American Psycho and took my 27 yr old niece as well.

I thought it was fabulous and the perfect choice. Never having seen the movie it was totally new to me. I've seen a good amount of musicals the past few years (  Broadway, out of town previews and tours ) and felt this was totally new & different. It was like nothing else out there. Edgy, Sexy, Funny, a fabulous experience. Definitely Sensory overload! I was on the edge of my seat to hear every word of dialog and lyric. I loved that it felt to me that it was 2016's twist on musical theater. I remember feeling that way seeing Chorus Line and Rent when they first came out.  It is not my parents' broadway, and I love that! I was wondering if my niece would enjoy it as much, not having experienced the 80's. Quite the opposite, her fiance is on Wall street and she had seen the movie. She felt her fiance would enjoy AP more than anything else on broadway right now. It is one of the few shows that I probably would NOT bring my 80 yr old Mom, though I know my husband will enjoy it when it comes out on tour. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie and seeing how it compares. People around me commented that they loved what they did with the material.  

I definitely recommend American Psyco and hope to get to NYC again soon and catch at least Shuffle, and Color Purple ( sorry to miss Jennifer Hudson though) this season.

Thanks again to all that responded!!!!

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#27American Psycho, Color Purple or She Loves Me? Or something else?
Posted: 5/2/16 at 2:33pm

I enjoyed American Psycho but my 25 year old daughter hated it and we had freebies - we both LOVED Color Purple and are going back a second time next week when Heather Headley replaces Jennifer Hudson