News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayGeek2

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayGeek2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Inheritance - Previews  Nov 1 2019, 05:09:11 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "As I recall, someone on here reported Lopez pretty much totally rewrote Pt. 2 prior to Broadway previews. Don’t know if there’s any truth to that."

Yes, I heard this too, actually! I'm seeing Parts 1 & 2 tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. 

Gay Character Monologue Help  May 24 2019, 12:26:27 PM

Technically from a musical, but Paul's monologue from A Chorus Line is always a good joins!

New Aladdin Movie Trailer  May 24 2019, 11:26:09 AM

It's definitely a better trailer, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it. Especially with the fact on how Disney's relationship to Robin Williams was when the original movie was made. There's just something that feels off. But we'll see!

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 20 2019, 12:09:19 PM

Man oh man, Jekyll and Hyde is what gets me. It really isn't very well done and so many people despise it, but it's just so much fun to watch haha!

My Fair Lady closing July 7  May 15 2019, 05:28:40 PM

I hope so!!

Your First Broadway Show!!!  May 15 2019, 01:16:40 PM

Gimmick, Ecdysiast, Mama

Bette Midler discusses why she missed that one performance of Dolly and her thoughts on doing another show.  May 15 2019, 01:13:24 PM

Thanks for sharing! Always loved Bette Midler.

Play suggestions  May 8 2019, 01:12:18 PM

Here are some play suggestions:

The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, Death of a Salesman, A Raisin in the Sun, Medea, Oedipus Rex.

For some book ideas, definitely read Brecht on Theatre!

Favourite musical theatre duets?  May 6 2019, 12:26:59 PM

I think my favorite duet is "Take Me to the World" from Evening Primrose, but I'm such a sucker for "Learning to be Silent" from Footloose. 

May 1 2019, 02:39:33 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes! I loved her in Peter and the Starcatcher (not a musical really, more like play with music hehe), I would love to see her in more musicals, especially musical comedies!

Looking for a theatre club to join  Apr 26 2019, 12:18:39 PM

Check out The Shakespeare Forum!

https://www.theshakespeareforum.org/

I believe they have weekly meetings where they do readings of plays and whatnot. I know them to be a very tight knit community. Best of luck!

THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES  Apr 26 2019, 12:17:07 PM

Heck yes! I'm already excited!

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Apr 25 2019, 01:36:48 PM

Woah! With Drama Desk noms coming in, I'm surprised to see that 'The Waverly Gallery' was the only Broadway revival nominated for Best Revival.

Tony nominations are going to be intense, but here's what I think could work for best revival (at least my top four!):

The Boys in the Band

Torch Song

Waverly Gallery

All My Sons

Beauty and the Beast Revival Coming To Broadway  Apr 24 2019, 09:54:38 AM

Listen: I'm SO excited for this 

What do you love about theater!?  Apr 23 2019, 04:32:42 PM

I'm loving this thread! It's just so sweet to see how people have been affected by theater. It really is lovely!

Jeremy Jordan Joins the Cast of WAITRESS  Apr 23 2019, 04:12:44 PM

I still have to see this!

I love Jeremy, it really is a role he's fit well in and I've heard such good things about him in this show!

The Lion King live new trailer!  Apr 10 2019, 01:45:34 PM

That's a good way of saying it, I didn't feel too much of anything.

I think it looks lovely and I'm a fan of the character animation, but that's pretty much it. If someone made a mash-up of the two trailers, or if one saw it back to back, there's such a range of emotion missing from this remake. Take for example, when Simba's paw lands in his father's footprint. The remake doesn't give me any indication that Simba is upset, or worried, or anything.

The Lion King live new trailer!  Apr 10 2019, 09:33:17 AM

It is very beautifully animated, but it's a pity that I'm missing so many of the expressive emotions from the original film. 

It's very set in its realism which, at least to me, is both a great strength and a weakness.

I suppose time will tell.

King Lear Reviews  Apr 5 2019, 11:34:26 AM

I'll admit, it's a bit funny to see the show itself not get fantastic reviews but Glenda getting all the praise. But I'm not surprised. Lear is a very difficult show, and not a lot of people like it (a pity! I think it's one of Shakespeare's best). But I'm definitely not surprised on Glenda, good for her!

Interesting  Apr 5 2019, 11:32:34 AM

Wow! What a pity, I was expecting much more positive reviews from this show. Granted, I haven't seen it yet, so I am taking these thoughts with a grain of salt and wait until I've seen it myself, but I was really waiting to see Gary as the head of the pack. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You