Hamilton bias

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#75Hamilton bias
Posted: 5/5/16 at 3:55pm

aaaaaa15 said: "It's also worth just randomly checking Ticketmaster sometimes. A show that was sold out all of a sudden came up with 7 tickets, one of which I bought. No idea why that happened but it might happen again."

Yeah, that actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Suddenly I got a bunch of venue tickets for October.  Unfortunately I couldn't coordinate with the people I wanted to go with before they were all gone. Hamilton bias   It was actually a lot of tickets, which made me wonder if it wasn't some sort of glitch; why would about 50 venue tickets, in all parts of the theater, suddenly become available? It was kinda odd...

aaaaaa15
#76Hamilton bias
Posted: 5/5/16 at 4:04pm

Not sure, only thing I can think is if they were originally withheld for some reason! 

ChiTheaterFan
#77Hamilton bias
Posted: 5/5/16 at 4:24pm

Scalpers don't have all the tickets. I've seen the show on Broadway 4 times and have tickets to see it twice more. Most of the time I got them through the AmEx presale but my friend and I got row V center tickets during the regular sale period, and there were still seats left. I think that was in November and they sold out shortly after. You just have to plan WAY ahead. I knew some of the cast would probably leave by summer and just decided to see it as many times as I could before then.