pixeltracker

Planning shows for October...help me make a list- Page 2

Planning shows for October...help me make a list

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#26Planning shows for October...help me make a list
Posted: 9/23/16 at 2:50pm

My trip is just around the corner and I have tickets to five shows, with two more slots open.  This is what I have so far:

Falsettos

Holiday Inn

The Front Page

Vietgone

Kingdom Come

Tickets to Kingdom Come were only $25, so if I find something more interesting, I can always skip that one.  I'm going to be too early for The Great Comet, so will have to wait until May to see that.  Is there anything else you recommend that I see in early October?  My first night is open, so I thought I would just walk by TKTS and see what is available.  And my last night is open right now.  Thanks for any recommendations! 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#28Planning shows for October...help me make a list
Posted: 9/23/16 at 5:08pm

Unless I'm misremembering, The Great Comet starts previews October 1, so you would be able to see it. Unless you mean too early on in the run. 

I'll give another vote for School of Rock - I've seen it twice, and it's a ton of fun. Off the top of my head, The Humans is also another excellent one out of the current Broadway offerings. 

I haven't seen it personally, but I've heard great things about the off-Broadway revival of Fiorello. It's playing through October 6, and unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it - but it could be fun if you're a Bock and Harnick fan and want to see a work of theirs that's less frequently done. 

Updated On: 9/23/16 at 05:08 PM

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#29Planning shows for October...help me make a list
Posted: 9/23/16 at 5:12pm

The Great Comet's website says that previews start October 18, and I will be back home by then.  And tickets aren't for sale yet for my next trip in May.  

Thanks for the recommendations.  I will look into them!

Edited to add that I just looked up Fiorello! and it closes on October 7 and I arrive four days later Planning shows for October...help me make a list.  Looks like a fun show, too.

Updated On: 9/23/16 at 05:12 PM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#30Planning shows for October...help me make a list
Posted: 9/23/16 at 5:16pm

Oops, Broadway for Broke People has 10/1 up as the first preview, and I had been going off of that.