News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cupid Boy2

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Cupid Boy2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Victoria Clark in the '2-time' Best Actress Tony Club  Jul 15 2023, 09:49:44 PM

Delete. 

Broadway Discounts  Jan 2 2023, 10:58:30 AM

ACL2006 said: "Cupid Boy2 said: "Does anyone know if Some Like It Hot has a lotto loser discount code?"

no, but you can walk up to the box office and ask for a rush ticket. Typically will sell them and seats have been in the rear mezz.
"

That’s helpful, thank you! 

Broadway Discounts  Jan 2 2023, 09:38:12 AM

Does anyone know if Some Like It Hot has a lotto loser discount code? 

SING STREET begins previews tonight in Boston  Sep 1 2022, 09:14:38 PM

I saw this last night and have mixed feelings about it. The catalyst of the narrative is intended to be the struggles the kids are facing in their everyday lives, which gets juxtaposed against the escape and the hope they find in making music together. And I felt that the book didn’t explore their challenges in a meaningful way, which undermined the payoff of those musical numbers.

While many of the songs are quite tuneful and appealingly staged, I felt little inv

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021  May 25 2022, 10:46:10 PM

I attended tonight. Along the lines of what dramamama has said, this production is looking for depth in the material that doesn’t exist, and the self-importance of the direction becomes frustrating when the ideas put forth by the book feel so much thinner in comparison. The latter of the two issues is what I would pinpoint as the primary reason I couldn’t get invested. It was a slog to sit through.

COVID exposure ticket policies for Suffs  May 7 2022, 10:23:26 AM

In some instances, scalpers will incorrectly gauge the level of demand that will exist and in effect, provide box office support that a show would otherwise not be receiving. When I saw The Band’s Visit in late 2017, the secondary market was flooded with excess supply, which enabled me to buy a seat well below face value. Zooming out, profits they’re deriving elsewhere certainly offset these sorts of losses, but I feel this is a case in which they’re doing

BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022  May 2 2022, 06:20:24 PM

amiyagi said: "Do they do box office rush? Discount code isn't great but there are tons of seats available during the week."

They don’t. It’s lottery only. 

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 29 2022, 09:15:16 AM

Does anyone know if there’s a lottery loser discount? 

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Apr 28 2022, 11:12:07 PM

Has anyone attempted rush or standing room lately? 

POTUS: OR, BEHIND EVERY GREAT DUMBASS ARE SEVEN WOMEN TRYING TO KEEP HIM ALIVE Previews  Apr 23 2022, 10:29:00 AM

Really lovely piece on Selina Fillinger. 

NY Times Interview

TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?  Jun 5 2017, 06:26:06 PM

If you reside more than 100 miles from the city, you're eligible for a national membership, which costs only $12.

Does Anastaisa do standing room  Jun 2 2017, 11:46:44 PM

I did standing room a few weeks ago - it's $35.

Come From Away rush  May 26 2017, 06:50:00 PM

Does anyone have any recent experiences they could share for SRO for the evening shows on a 2 show day? 

Groundhog Day Lottery Code - 5/27 2pm  May 26 2017, 05:05:28 PM

I know it's a long shot, but given that three codes popped up for the matinee, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask: does anyone have an extra for the evening show tomorrow? I just need a single. 

Box Office Representatives  Mar 20 2017, 08:56:46 PM

^^I've had consistently bad experiences with one particular gentleman at the Schoenfeld, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the same person who gave you a hard time. He was just terribly rude to me two weeks ago for no reason. 

To balance out that negativity, though, I'll add that I find Jujamcyn to have the loveliest box office attendants across the board; I've never had an experience with one who wasn't incredibly kind and helpful.

Riedel on the response to his column from  Feb 14 2017, 10:39:37 PM

What great sports. I was prepared for some cringe worthy response, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong. 

The universality of Fun Home?  Feb 12 2017, 01:04:06 PM

Mr. Nowack said: "Obviously the broadest themes have broad relatability, but I would venture to say that the specific details (especially the hinted underage trysts and the suicide) alienate the story for a lot of people. It's not hard per se to look past these details and relate to the underlying themes but a lot of people have trouble ignoring or looking at those sorts of topics with an academic eye like many here can."

I completely agree - conver

The universality of Fun Home?  Feb 11 2017, 11:43:41 AM

I think one of the most universal themes in Fun Home is the exploration of transitioning from childhood to adulthood and how that often includes coming to terms with your parents' flaws for better or for worse. And in turn, recognizing that some of their flaws may even be your own.  "I can't find my way through. Just like you. Am I just like you?" 

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 5 2017, 11:53:54 AM

ljay889 said: "Some rushes are hitting $49 now, aren't they? I can see $129 rightfully being out of reach for some people, but If $40-$50 is impossible for some, they may need a new hobby. That range is starting to become the norm for the affordable options on Broadway."

Yes, some rushes are certainly creeping up to those price ranges, but that does not make it any more affordable to certain classes of the population. Should it be, though? That's debatab

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 5 2017, 10:50:53 AM

ljay889 said: "There are $49 balcony seats and rear orchestra seats as low as $129. These are affordable options."

Affordable by Broadway standards, yes. But that is still out of reach for many people. Given the length of the run and the cost of mounting the production, I'm not saying they should be charging less - it's just the reality of the situation. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You