Broadway stars at DNC

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#50Broadway stars at DNC
Posted: 7/29/16 at 5:06pm

Regarding the "This is my Fight Song" video, the Washington Post figured out who most of the singers were. I had never seen or heard of some of them. I'm still looking for a labeled list of who is in "What the World Needs Now."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/so-who-were-the-celebrities-in-the-democratic-conventions-cover-of-fight-song/2016/07/28/25ec3d2a-5512-11e6-b652-315ae5d4d4dd_video.html

Thanks for the info on Kristin Chenoweth. This is embarrassing to admit, but I may have mixed her up with Kelly Clarkson. For some reason, I often mix up Kelly and Kristin (same initials, but different ages), and even more often confuse Kelly Clarkson with Carrie Underwood. Kelly Clarkson has said that she is a Republican at heart, although she endorsed Ron Paul in 2011 for the Presidency, and then voted to re-elect President Obama, because she, too, supports same sex marriage.

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#51Broadway stars at DNC
Posted: 7/29/16 at 5:47pm

Thanks for posting, Robbie. For what it's worth, I thought the performance at the DNC was touching and loved the video you guys put out. The Broadway community comes together in such positive ways even in the wake of really awful things, and it's truly inspiring. 

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#52Broadway stars at DNC
Posted: 8/1/16 at 12:47am

I blow with the wind, and the prevailing wind happens to be from Vichy.

Kristin is a real sweetheart, and is always affirming her deep belief in the teachings of Jesus and her church. 

But when she became part of the theater and entertainment community, she had to adjust some of her views on homosexuality and sex outside of marriage to fit in with her friends.

My favorite celebrity convention appearance was Ray Charles at the Ronald Reagan conventions.