pixeltracker

New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question

New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question

valerie3058 Profile Photo
valerie3058
#1New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question
Posted: 10/10/16 at 3:20pm

Hey there! So this is not a 100% exact Broadway question, but I wanted to post on the thread because people on here usually are honest about seating views and there's no New Jersey section of a Broadwayworld thread. I just bought 2 rear orchestra tickets to see the 20th Anniversary Rent tour at the State Theatre in New Brunswick, NJ. Has anyone been to this theatre before? Where did you sit and how was your view of the stage? 

Jakeevan942
#2New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question
Posted: 10/10/16 at 4:29pm

I just graduated from school in New Brunswick, and I've been the state theater a few dozen times the past few years. I've sat all over the room, and all in all, the sight lines are pretty good from everywhere. It's not much larger than a Broadway house, not like the massive theater some touring cities have. The rear of the mezzanine gets to be a bit far from the stage, but everywhere down stairs is pretty good.

valerie3058 Profile Photo
valerie3058
#3New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question
Posted: 10/10/16 at 5:12pm

Jakeevan942 said: "I just graduated from school in New Brunswick, and I've been the state theater a few dozen times the past few years. I've sat all over the room, and all in all, the sight lines are pretty good from everywhere. It's not much larger than a Broadway house, not like the massive theater some touring cities have. The rear of the mezzanine gets to be a bit far from the stage, but everywhere down stairs is pretty good.

Thank you so much for the answer! I'm definitely happier i splurged a bit more on the rear orchestra tickets. 

Jakeevan942
#4New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question
Posted: 10/10/16 at 11:21pm

FYI-The State Theater is an easy 5-10 minute walk from the train station, with a number of good restaurants in between, if you are coming out to NJ from NYC.

It's often a unique city to see non-equity tours in-Even though Networks and Troika shows often don't entirely fit in the theater, the audience is generally really alive-This is the closest to Manhattan that most of these shows play, so many of the cast and crew have friends take the train to come see the show in New Brunswick. The original directors, not the associates that usually set bus and truck shows, also often come out to see the show in New Brunswick, so in recent years, Jerry Zaks and Susan Stroman, among others, have seen their shows at the State Theater.

Videos