News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for valerie3058

valerie3058 Profile Photo
Member Name: valerie3058
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What shows have you walked out on?  May 28 2018, 03:28:33 PM

I haven't walked out of any shows mainly due to the cost of tickets & travel; or I'm with the person that has bought me a ticket and I don't to come off as ungrateful or rude. 

I wish I could've walked out of Amazing Grace. Other than the title number performed beautifully at the end, the show was horrid.

War Paint wasn't much better. I hated the score, but being able to see Patti Lupone live and the hilarious snarky scene at the end of

Unpopular Opinions  May 23 2018, 01:15:48 AM

I'm sorry for this one. 

I love the score for Matilda as well as the story, but I absolutely hated the show. . 

Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed  May 7 2018, 01:04:00 PM

Fosse76 said: "I personally didn't see anything wrong with the thread. It wasn't a "mean" thread per se, and it definitely highlighted an aspect of the theater-going experience."

Man I wish I got read it :/ I wonder what happened. 

Reflecting on Alex Newell not getting the Tony nom  May 7 2018, 12:54:13 PM

broadway86 said: "broadwayboy223 said: "I have mentioned this before, but when I saw the show two or three weeks ago Alex not only was vocally struggling, but only barely came alive during his song. The rest of the show when he didnt have to walk around was him going to his little table and drinking water. Lea Salonga and Kenita Miller were in the moment the whole time and gave beautiful performances."

^

School of rock questions  Nov 7 2016, 02:34:07 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Anybody go to Brightman's final show tonight?

I did! It was my first time actually seeing the show and I absolutely loved it. I'm kicking myself for not seeing it sooner. It was emotional and Alex crying when hugging the kids in the If Only You Would Listen (Reprise) made me bawl. The crowd was on fire and it was just an absolute blast and a fun time! I would see again in a heartbeat. 

FALSETTOS Previews  Oct 11 2016, 03:16:04 PM

oh-bwayhereicome said: "Anyone have opinions on the view from the balcony? It's always iffy up there.

It was the first time I sat balcony for this theatre. It wasn't that bad in my opinion. I was in the 2nd Row of it. Its raised now so you get a clear view of the stage but it's pretty far back and the fact that it's raises makes it seem really really high. If you're afraid of heights at all, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Shows you've walked out of  Oct 10 2016, 10:29:40 PM

I haven't walked out of a show yet, but I was pretty close with Amazing Grace. What an  absolutely terrible show. The best part of it was the last 10 minutes when they sang the title number. Waste of a very talented cast too.

In the beginning of their run, I saw a lot of people walk out of Heathers during intermission. 

New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question  Oct 10 2016, 05:12:01 PM

Jakeevan942 said: "I just graduated from school in New Brunswick, and I've been the state theater a few dozen times the past few years. I've sat all over the room, and all in all, the sight lines are pretty good from everywhere. It's not much larger than a Broadway house, not like the massive theater some touring cities have. The rear of the mezzanine gets to be a bit far from the stage, but everywhere down stairs is pretty good.

Thank you so muc

FALSETTOS Previews  Oct 10 2016, 04:33:31 PM

I saw the show on the 1st of the month and I really enjoyed it. However, I walked into it not knowing anything at all. I definitely enjoyed the second act more than the first. The score was absolutely wonderful and SJB and Brandon Uranowitz were my absolute favorites.

New Brunswick State Theatre Seating Question  Oct 10 2016, 03:20:59 PM

Hey there! So this is not a 100% exact Broadway question, but I wanted to post on the thread because people on here usually are honest about seating views and there's no New Jersey section of a Broadwayworld thread. I just bought 2 rear orchestra tickets to see the 20th Anniversary Rent tour at the State Theatre in New Brunswick, NJ. Has anyone been to this theatre before? Where did you sit and how was your view of the stage? 

Super Duper Sad Songs  Aug 5 2016, 04:28:17 PM

henrikegerman said: "It's Quiet Uptown from HAMILTON. "Unimaginably" sad and equally gorgeous. 

Agreed! Also from Miranda, "Everything I Know." That song can make me openly cry.  

Alex Brightman in SOR  Jul 10 2016, 02:33:25 PM

I have a question in relation to Alex Brightman in SOR. I heard from a friend that he doesn't perform matinees. Is this true? I'm planning to rush it in the near future and just want to know for sure. I don't mind seeing an understudy at all though. 

Thank you, Bright Star  Jun 27 2016, 02:20:57 PM

Wick3 said: "valerie3058 said: "I love this thread so so much. 

I walked into this show for the 1st time on my birthday (Saturday March 5th) knowing and expecting nothing and walked out with tunes in my head and a smile on my face. I couldn't resist the TodayTix deals so I saw it the next two Saturdays in a row. I can only daydream about the power and emotion through Carmen's last "At Last." I saw it the 1st time with my sister (who has not

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement  Jun 27 2016, 12:24:24 AM

Just saw! What a wonderful thread. I'm gonna be kicking myself for a long while for it, but I hope the show lives on in some way. 

Thank you, Bright Star  Jun 27 2016, 12:23:24 AM

I love this thread so so much. 

I walked into this show for the 1st time on my birthday (Saturday March 5th) knowing and expecting nothing and walked out with tunes in my head and a smile on my face. I couldn't resist the TodayTix deals so I saw it the next two Saturdays in a row. I can only daydream about the power and emotion through Carmen's last "At Last." I saw it the 1st time with my sister (who has not been wowed at any show I've taken her to befor

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement  Jun 27 2016, 12:09:14 AM

I ended up not rushing the show (I woke up with a migraine from hell that made me extremely nauseous) and I'm kicking myself for it. I am glad and grateful that I got to see it the three times I did in March. I hope it finds fans regionally (not sure it'll tour but one can hope!) and it lives on. It's a beautiful show gone too soon.

Another question: for people that saw it closing night or pre-closing night (I guess it goes back to the opening night and c

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement  Jun 22 2016, 10:39:30 AM

Thank you all so much for all of the updates and responses! I better bring extra cash and get there earlier than I expected. I think I'll try for Saturday instead of closing day cause I'd have a better chance with the 2 shows. 

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement  Jun 21 2016, 11:49:02 AM

Hello! Has anyone rushed Bright Star since they announced closing? I was thinking of rushing it this coming Saturday or on the day they close. What time did you get there and how many people were in front of you? Also, how were the seats you were given?. I've seen the show three times (it was one that I walked into knowing nothing and was very surprised) and all three times I bought tickets for the balcony (twice from Todaytix). Thank you!

Monopoly the musical  Jun 20 2016, 02:22:31 PM

Oh my god this is really happening. I had to check the boards I thought Theatremania got hacked. 

Will there be a number called Free Parking or Do Not Pass Go? 

Grade the Tony performances  Jun 13 2016, 01:02:10 PM

Seeing Bright Star 3 times now (and it's a wonderful little show), I 100% agree with everyone saying they had the wrong song choice. I think they mainly chose it for it being very "Carmen-Centric." I think "Whoa, Mama" or "Sun is Gonna Shine Again" would've been better choices or having Carmen do a stand alone number like "Way Back in the Day" or "At Long Last" (which all 3 times made me tear up). I love this show and I hope it ke

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You