Hamilton Ticket Prices

WickedGinger Profile Photo
WickedGinger
#1Hamilton Ticket Prices
Posted: 11/28/16 at 5:31am

Apologies is there is already a post specifically to discuss this, but I couldn't find it. 

I am totally late to the party, I finally download the cast recording for Hamilton and I am in love with the music. But looking at the resale ticket prices online it seems scandalous that people are charging that and even more crazy that people are paying it. What does everyone else think?

I am based in the UK so I waiting with bated breath when tickets go on sale for the West End in January, however do people think this will be an as hot a ticket over the pond?

aaaaaa15
#2Hamilton Ticket Prices
Posted: 11/28/16 at 5:38am

Are you talking about face value or resale prices?

And there's no way Hamilton will be as hot of a ticket anywhere as it has been in New York but it will still sell very well in London, especially as they will be charging a lot less. I wouldn't recommend waiting around to get your tickets once January comes.

Edit: Oh sorry, just saw you said resale. The resale prices are ridiculous but I believe they often come down just before the show starts now? Not quite to face value but still. The resale prices have actually got far better since July when people were paying literally thousands to see the original cast in their final weeks. Updated On: 11/28/16 at 05:38 AM

WickedGinger Profile Photo
WickedGinger
#3Hamilton Ticket Prices
Posted: 11/28/16 at 5:43am

Both I suppose. It was the resale ticket prices more so. They are insane!

Only comparison in West End is Harry Potter but they are really trying to clamp down on resale.

Don't worry I will be waiting on the first day they go on sale to get mine! I cant wait to start speculating who will be in the cast and if anyone of the original Broadway starts will be transfer. I would love to see Lin Manuel and Renée Elise Goldsberry over anyone. Also I think they could do some really great stunt casting with King George. 

neonlightsxo
#4Hamilton Ticket Prices
Posted: 11/28/16 at 10:02am

They won't need to do any stunt casting, at least not here.