News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedGinger

WickedGinger Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedGinger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Gender Swap Casting  Dec 1 2016, 06:18:05 AM

Does anyone have the link to the interview or article it was in? 

The show is meant to be above America's founding being told by the people of America of today! A woman playing one of the lead male characters would be an awesome way to demonstrate that.

Shows for tween-age girls in January  Dec 1 2016, 05:45:12 AM

If your girls love dancing then they will be blown away by Kinky Boots. Lola's Angels are great. 

Hamilton Gender Swap Casting  Dec 1 2016, 05:34:40 AM

Hamilton is one of the most diverse shows around... I also read somewhere that Lin Manuel said he would not be opposed to casting a female in one of the lead male roles? 

What do people think the likelihood of this happening in the future will be? Any particular actresses you'd like to take on these roles?

My dream cast for Wicked movie  Nov 28 2016, 05:57:05 AM

I agree with Daniel Radcliffe!

Hamilton Ticket Prices  Nov 28 2016, 05:43:37 AM

Both I suppose. It was the resale ticket prices more so. They are insane!

Only comparison in West End is Harry Potter but they are really trying to clamp down on resale.

Don't worry I will be waiting on the first day they go on sale to get mine! I cant wait to start speculating who will be in the cast and if anyone of the original Broadway starts will be transfer. I would love to see Lin Manuel and Renée Elise Goldsberry

Hamilton Ticket Prices  Nov 28 2016, 05:31:25 AM

Apologies is there is already a post specifically to discuss this, but I couldn't find it. 

I am totally late to the party, I finally download the cast recording for Hamilton and I am in love with the music. But looking at the resale ticket prices online it seems scandalous that people are charging that and even more crazy that people are paying it. What does everyone else think?

I am based in the UK so I waiting with bated breath when ticket

Harry Potter on Broadway  Oct 26 2016, 07:04:40 AM

Has there been any news as to which theatre this will go in to and when?

Also do you think some of the London cast will transfer?

Granger-Weasleys  Jun 3 2016, 05:01:25 AM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/board/readmessage.php?thread=1093481&dt=1&boardid=3 

Granger-Weasley's  Jun 1 2016, 07:17:08 AM

Does anyone else think there is a severe lack of GINGER in these photos??  

https://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/article/Photo-Flash-Hermione-Ron-and-Rose-From-HARRY-POTTER-AND-THE-CURSED-CHILD-20160601 

Beauty and the Beast  May 23 2016, 09:03:35 AM

I thought it was an excellent teaser!

Pop stars you want to write a show  May 23 2016, 08:56:58 AM

It has to be Adele

James Corden  May 16 2016, 08:16:27 AM

As he will host the Tonys this year and his late night television talk show is doing so well in the states I was wondering what opinions you Americans have of him?

As someone in the UK it's really nice to see someone doing so well. Looks wise he's not your stereotypical star. But his comedic talent is awesome! He also seems like just a nice guy. 

Waitress Without Mueller  May 16 2016, 08:11:57 AM

BrownHairedSinger said: "Went to Waitress on Saturday night and had the understudy for Jessie Mueller. And in my opinion it really suffered. I think it was only her 2nd performance in the role, the first being the matinee. There was no nuance to it. I think it highlighted the weakness of the show overall. The supporting cast was decent, yet over the top and slapstick. And the sound mixing was just awful. I couldn't hear anyone unless it was just a solo instrument or the singer wa

Bombshell  May 11 2016, 10:51:32 AM

Has this been anymore talk about the Marilyn Monroe musical from Smash?

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/181278/smash-ing-news-bombshell-stage-adaptation-is-officially-in-the-works/ 

Audra McDonald is pregnant!  May 10 2016, 01:32:51 PM

Scarywarhol said: "Wait, so her Shuffle leave will begin July 24th. That's later than it was before Lady Day was cancelled, right? Who would have thought this would mean more chances to see her in Shuffle Along this summer!

"

Yep!!! 

So you New Yorkers better appreciate it! While us Brits try to hide our trembling stuff upper lip!! Lol 

Audra McDonald is pregnant!  May 10 2016, 01:18:39 PM

WickedGinger said: "As I am extremely nosey I telephoned the booking line on the website. 0844 482 5138 (UK telephone number)

The girl I spoke with informed me that the show has been taken off sale at the request of the producers. They are make changes to the seating arranges due to tables on stage, etc. The tickets should be back on sale by Friday. 

Is that just an excuse and they are currently panicking? Or a

Is Audra McDonald pregnant?  May 10 2016, 12:00:39 PM

Valentina3 said: "I don't think they'll cancel Lady Day. They might get someone else to fill in - Uzo Aduba had a successful stint in London recently. Maybe she can fill the seats IF Audra has to step out for whatever reason.

"

It's a challenging role to step into though! That style of singing and the show is emotionally draining for the actress. It might be hard to find someone. But it is being sold as Audra McDonald Six Time Tony Wi

Is Audra McDonald pregnant?  May 10 2016, 11:42:24 AM

Mr Roxy said: "True for Lady Day but Shuffle is a whole different story.

"

I'm guessing it will be fine until she leaves for Lady Day, but I doubt she will be back. But all this is based on the if and its a very big IF she is having a baby! 

Is Audra McDonald pregnant?  May 10 2016, 11:38:05 AM

FlySkyHigh said: "It's all speculation at this point, but I wonder....why would the producers suddenly want to change the seating arrangement on the stage? Perhaps it's to re-stage a certain part of the show that is probably not recommended for pregnant women....

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Is Audra McDonald pregnant?  May 10 2016, 11:24:34 AM

dramamama611 said: "Wow, who knew that mentioning menopause would get posts deleted!

"

Really? Who deleted your previous comments? Admin?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You