pixeltracker

Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Page 2

Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

broadwayguy91
#25Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Posted: 12/4/16 at 10:05pm

Santino Fontana could be an interesting Harry Potter, if they decide to go with American leads.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#26Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Posted: 12/4/16 at 10:07pm

I think that this could be Sutton Foster's biggest challenge yet!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#27Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Posted: 12/4/16 at 10:19pm

It would be nice to see American actors get a chance to be in this, since it'll surely run for years unlike most plays. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Noma Dumezweni come with it- she was excellent in A Human Being Died That Night at BAM last year. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#28Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Posted: 12/4/16 at 11:24pm

icecreambenjamin said: "I think that this could be Sutton Foster's biggest challenge yet!

"

I thought she already won the tony!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jimmycurry01
#29Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Posted: 12/5/16 at 1:40am

Call_me_jorge said: "Theatrefanboy1 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "There are British actors apart of AEA Matthew James Thomas and Chloë Campbell just to name a

Simply put to me was that the American unions want to provide work for American actors so in order to do so they restrict the number of foreign imports coming in. 

"

I would assume AEA, and any union, would want to protect their members. Not just American's as a whole. 

Laura Michelle Kelly is another example.

"

Yes, but Laura Michelle Kelly joined AEA when she came over as part of a union trade. When she works on Broadway, an American actor must be under contract to do a British show. She still has an AEA card because it is AEA that represents her when performing on Broadway. 

There are exceptions to the rule. If you are a big enough name that you are considered a star, then the trade rule is not enforced. This is what famously saved Jonathan Price in the Broadway production of Miss Saigon.

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#30Dreamcast Broadway cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Posted: 12/5/16 at 9:47am

alexander sharp is much too young but i'd love to see him as harry.