News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Call_me_jorge

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Member Name: Call_me_jorge
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Girl From the North Country to be filmed
 Jul 24 2024, 10:08:37 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "It's unusual that NORTH COUNTRY has both a 'proshot' (filmed in 2022) anda feature film in development simultaneously."

I believe a Come From Away film was in development until it was silently scrapped after the proshot was released on AppleTV. 

Metcalf stars in Hunter’s LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD at Steppenwoolf, directed by Mantello
 Jul 23 2024, 02:26:44 PM

The show is too small to transfer to a Broadway space, I feel. I think it would be better suited in an off-Broadway theatre.

Olympics on my mind: Showtunes that could be theme songs at the 2024 Games
 Jul 22 2024, 11:45:16 PM

“And They’re Off”

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 22 2024, 08:44:53 PM

Any discount codes for this out there? I know 'UNDER35' usually works for all CST shows, but it doesn't seem like its working for this one yet. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 02:31:39 PM

JSquared2 said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "Mandy Gonzalez will be the Norma alternate."

Looks like the Sweaty dude was wrong again!

"

Mandy’s involvement is very akin to Donna Murphy in Hello, Dolly. Mandy is strictly the alternate and not a standby or understudy. Bowman is due to be the Norma standby,

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 17 2024, 02:32:07 PM

It is Adam. It just hasn’t been announced officially. They may be waiting on announcing until the new Sally has been signed. Last I heard Sally was supposed to be Auliʻi Cravalho, but maybe that has changed.

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 17 2024, 11:47:36 AM

Hopefully she sticks around for year two of the tour. Would love to see her in this when it comes to Chicago.

THE PERFORMERS to Close on Sunday
 Jul 16 2024, 03:17:31 PM

Now that Evan Cabnet is in charge of Second Stage, I say The Performers should get another chance on Broadway.

10th anniversary of Heathers
 Jul 16 2024, 01:22:18 PM

Is this the longest a phillypinto burner account has been active?

JRB Teases "Something Huge Coming Tomorrow"
 Jul 16 2024, 01:08:25 PM

Film adaptation of parade?

Would love to see a Sound of Music Revival
 Jul 15 2024, 06:29:21 PM

someoneinatree2 said: "God, imagine this as a Hytner's Carousel-sized revival at the Beaumont - the orchestra swells as the stage rolls forward toreveal Maria on the Austrian Alps..."

I remember getting chills at the top of the My Fair Lady revival when Eliza gets spun around on the revolve. If Bart Sher ever gets the chance to direct a revival of The Sound of Music at the Beaumont he should definitely reutilize the revolve effect.

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 14 2024, 11:38:07 PM

I’d be curious what people would answer for the reverse of this question. Biggest triumphs from creatives that didn’t give you much hope prior to seeing the show.

Would love to see a Sound of Music Revival
 Jul 14 2024, 06:35:02 PM

Willemijn Verkaik is nearing 50 years old, the role of Maria is an injenue type and typically cast younger. She might be old enough to play Mother Abbess.

I’d be interested to see a Daniel Fish production of The Sound of Music. Emphasizing the nazi rhetoric in the subtext of the show might be interesting.

I would love to see Emilie Kouatchou as Maria and Ramon Karimloo as Captain Von Trapp.

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 14 2024, 11:33:11 AM

War Paint comes to mind.

Anyone Watching Elsbeth?
 Jul 13 2024, 12:41:46 PM

UWS10023 said: "I find the program to be redundant. Each episode is storyboarded in the same way. We witness the murder. Elsbeth realizes out who did it very quickly and then spends the rest of the program trying to prove it. I prefer the who doneit formatwhere there are several suspects and things unfold as the hour progresses. I think the backstory of her character needs to be expanded and they need to bring in her son and other family members. They also could do 2 or 3 episode arc

Frozen Tour
 Jul 12 2024, 05:13:40 PM

Completely out of left field guess from myself. I guess we’ll see very soon if I’m right.

Jonathan Groff Sets 2025 Broadway Return with JUST IN TIME?
 Jul 12 2024, 04:20:01 PM

Did anyone see the concert production in 2018? How big were the other parts? It looks like it was only a cast of 5, and thats including Groff. Always love seeing Elena Shadows name on cast lists, so hopefully she’s still involved!

Frozen Tour
 Jul 11 2024, 02:34:59 PM

60'splayoff said: "I don't know... she's leaving the tour just one month before the whole thing wraps up. You'd think she'd hang on till closing unless she has something lined up that would force her to depart so close to the end.

Regardless, brava to her and that impressive reign!
"

Interesting point... When does Sunset Boulevard start rehearsals? Could she be the Norma alternate?

Frozen Tour
 Jul 11 2024, 11:13:54 AM

They will probably do with this what they did with Beauty and the Beast and send out an entirely new designed tour production with a non-equity company like NETworks.

Is Broadway quieter during the Jewish holidays?
 Jul 11 2024, 10:27:27 AM

I’m pretty sure the sound levels remain the same at broadway shows even during holidays.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You