News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Call_me_jorge

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Member Name: Call_me_jorge
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Purpose at Steppenwolf  Apr 16 2024, 01:35:25 PM

I haven’t done the pay what you want, but I’ve done the 20 for 20 deal for every show at Steppenwolf with great success

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 08:01:06 PM

After thinking on the Lempicka reviews it made me remember that there was this thread giving the creative team some advice. I’m curious if there is anything that would stop a show from implementing the changes described in that thread and has a show ever done it? Where they read the advice of a comment or post about the show and then implemented changes according to the post?

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 15 2024, 03:22:18 PM

Oh, I was under the impression Mantello “ghost-directed” the show. Must be conflating the story it with another show.

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 15 2024, 02:50:24 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Sam Gold did give us Enemy of the People, Dolls House pt 2, Fun Home… all of which I loved. So he’s got some good stuff in his resume."

Didn’t Joe Mantello do most of the heavy lifting with Fun Home?

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 15 2024, 02:12:55 PM

Does Sam Gold have some kind of lease at Circle in the square? 

Paulus to helm ROMEO & JULIET at ART this fall  Apr 15 2024, 02:06:11 PM

It’s interesting that Rachel Zegler has been heavily rumored to have been involved with two previous ART projects, and now three!

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?  Apr 12 2024, 11:42:34 AM

Looks like this is a lesson for all major corporations to invest in hiring copy editors for their job postings.

Sheridan Smith Staring in new Rufus Wainwright/Ivo Van Hove Musical OPENING NIGHT in London  Apr 12 2024, 09:42:03 AM

Did they have a tryout anywhere or did it open cold in the west end? Seems like this could’ve benefited with a few extra steps in its development process.

How do shows assign dressing rooms?  Apr 11 2024, 03:31:53 PM

If I recall correctly, Bette Midler had her dressing room and then her own quick change room separate from everyone else for Hello, Dolly.

I think there was an instagram story from one of the swings in the wiz revival that claimed they didn’t have a room/space to put them. Unsure if that was rectified or not.

edit: here’s the story

It reads: “Yall ever been on Broadway with no dressing room? #swingnationproblems”

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 11 2024, 02:40:08 PM

Some minor casting changes; Ericka Hunter-Yang and Casey Garvin seem to have been replaced by Gabriella Enriquez and Neil Haskell, respectively, at some point during the rehearsal process.

2024-2025 Touring Season  Apr 10 2024, 06:58:14 PM

RippedMan said: "I'm still surprised we never got Funny Girl."

it’s coming next spring

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?  Apr 10 2024, 05:00:32 PM

RippedMan said: "And to be fair, the job posting didn't mention which venue, so they could very easily be taking over another theater."

Literally directly from the job posting: “The New Amsterdam Theater is currently seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable individuals with strong communication skills to join the Ushering Team for the opening of one of our shows in September.”

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?  Apr 10 2024, 03:18:43 PM

If the new show is coming in September, I’d imagine Aladdin will have to pack up by July/august. I’m shocked they didn’t give them a longer closing notice. For a show that’s been running ten years I’d expect something closer to 6 months.

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?  Apr 10 2024, 02:55:20 PM

Per this new job posting on the Disney website: “The New Amsterdam Theater is currently seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable individuals with strong communication skills to join the Ushering Team for the opening of one of our shows in September.

Any rumblings around town of what this could be for? Is Hercules ready to make the jump to Broadway? Would they close Aladdin or move it to another venue?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 9 2024, 02:18:44 PM

Heart of rock and roll is not long for this world.

How long does cabaret need to keep at that gross in order to recoup? I can’t imagine they’ll be able to turn a profit in the span of Eddie’s run.

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 8 2024, 11:39:07 AM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“This has Roundabout written all over it.” Close enough I guess!"

If only roundabout had money.

Happy Feet on Broadway?  Apr 3 2024, 12:58:48 PM

Getting the rights to all those songs would be a pain, but if Moulin Rouge can do I guess anyone else can.

Ahrens-Flaherty KNOXVILLE musical world premiere set for Asolo Rep  Apr 2 2024, 03:53:39 PM

Unfortunately, with Galati now gone I don’t think this show has much of a future life. 

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 2 2024, 03:39:16 PM

QueenAlice said: "dramamama611 said: "As will the set! Mimi Lien has a way with opulence! (I don't remember this previously being announced, but am I just forgetting?)"

Most of Mimi Lien's designs verge on minimalist. I certainly didn't think she did anything special with Sweeney Todd.
"

Blame the director on that one.

In Ear Monitors  Apr 1 2024, 12:46:06 AM

So… after this conversation. Would Eden benefit from in ears. Genuinely curious, because I feel like she has the potential to be great

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You