pixeltracker

Kay Cole's Debut Album - Souvenir

Kay Cole's Debut Album - Souvenir

bk
#1Kay Cole's Debut Album - Souvenir
Posted: 12/21/16 at 6:59pm

Hi, all, just letting you know we've just announced the debut album from the wonderful Kay Cole.  As most of you know, Kay originated the role of Maggie in A Chorus Line, and has been appearing on Broadway since she was a tyke in the original production of The Music Man.  It's been way too long coming - the songs are great and so is Kay.  The first 100 orders will get a free signed copy.  Here's the link to read about it, hear audio samples, and, if you're so disposed, to purchase.

http://kritzerland.com/kay_cole.htm

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#2Kay Cole's Debut Album - Souvenir
Posted: 12/21/16 at 7:29pm

Nice to see you're still doing the Lord's Work, BK! Thank you. I've placed my order.

Now everybody step back for a moment while I drop a name. Kay Cole has been working as a director and developer of new musicals in Los Angeles in recent years and has become close to a friend of mine from grad school.

So I had the good fortune of dining and attending GREY GARDENS with Kay over the summer.

I saw Kay in the original Broadway production, and have seen many good Maggies since. (I even spent 2 months working on the International Tour, so that cast is special to me.) Nonetheless, Kay's voice on the OCR has always represented the "soul" of the show to me. "And he'd say 'Maggie, do you want to dance?' And I'd say, 'Daddy, I would love to!'"

Isn't it wonderful when you finally meet an icon after admiring her work for 40 years--and you are NOT disappointed?! Such was the case with Kay. Lovely, down-to-earth woman. Giant talent.

Updated On: 12/21/16 at 07:29 PM

bk
#3Kay Cole's Debut Album - Souvenir
Posted: 12/22/16 at 12:46am

I've known Kay since 1976 when the show came to the Shubert in LA - I'd seen it in NY in previews the year before and fallen in love with that voice.  We became very close, but then lost touch for a while while I became a record producer, then reconnected when I did one of those STAGE benefits in LA and we've been close ever since.  She's choreographed three shows for me and I adore her.  We've been talking about doing this for four years now.  She hadn't sung in ages and I finally goaded her into doing one of the Kritzerland monthly cabaret shows and she had a great time and fell in love with singing again.  This year the timing finally worked for all of us.  No one, good as they may be, will ever sing Maggie like her, because her voice is completely unique to her, not something that happens a lot with musical theater performers today, who all tend to sound alike to me.

Ranger Tom
#4Kay Cole's Debut Album - Souvenir
Posted: 12/22/16 at 1:35am

Exciting.  Not fortunate enough to know Ms. Cole like some of you but the "Ballet" Crescendo has always been my favorite single moment in musical theater.  

Videos