pixeltracker

Torch Song Trilogy to be revived at Second Stage- Page 2

Torch Song Trilogy to be revived at Second Stage

gallerygirl Profile Photo
gallerygirl
#25Torch Song Trilogy to be revived at Second Stage
Posted: 2/15/17 at 8:29am

I remember the last time a mainstream New York revival was considered John Cameron Mitchell was lined up for the part.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#26Torch Song Trilogy to be revived at Second Stage
Posted: 2/15/17 at 2:57pm

henrikegerman said: "I agree with you that Houdyshell would be a great choice.  But I am tempted to believe that you are either not Jewish, have seen very little of Lavin's work, or both."

I'm not Jewish, and have seen Lavin's work. I'm not denying that she'd be perfect in the role. I simply said that, to me, she's not the "quintessential Jewish mother".

newintown said: ""He is cute, but honestly - so was Harvey at the time of this play..."

Well, no. And that's why so much of the text of the play is tied to Arnold's low self esteem about his attractiveness. Remember the last line of the opening monologue - "with a face and a voice like this I could always drive a cab."
"

I'll go with what RippedMan said - I find Torch movie Harvey (because I didn't see him play the role on stage) quite cute.  (PS - I love that line :) )

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.